Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about this ugly stat
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
From Bob Vetrone Jr (aka boop)

In the last ten years there have been 122 teams in the four major sports.

Only one of them has a worst home record than away record over those ten years.

Yup, you guessed it, our Philadelphia Eagles!!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 22 2013, 10:43 PM) *
From Bob Vetrone Jr (aka boop)

In the last ten years there have been 122 teams in the four major sports.

Only one of them has a worst home record than away record over those ten years.

Yup, you guessed it, our Philadelphia Eagles!!

I heard that yesterday. Absolutely unbelievable, this includes the Bobcats, Blue Jackets, Islanders, Browns, Bills, Royals, etc. People used to hate coming into the Vet, they love it here now.
Zero
Whoopie! No place to go but up???
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 23 2013, 09:01 AM) *
Whoopie! No place to go but up???

That's what we said last year around this time after the Phillies finished .500.....
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I must admit that my interest in the Eagles is waining, particularly because of facts like those. Throw in a little bit of just getting older and tired of the routine.

I look to Eagles football to entertain and excite me. Our deplorable record, and especially that empty trophy case, is slowly leading me to conclude, for who, for what ? I'm not greedy. I don't expect extreme winning. But this continual shortfall is beginning to grow old with me.

In the days of 92 and 99 and 12 and others in that era, I think I was in the top of my game. We won a fair share of games and fielded an exciting team to follow. Through the 5 era I always felt something was missing. I was skeptical about the team leadersip and was frustrated by the antics of 81 while still knowing his skill set was fabulous for us. The Vermiel era ended in a huge disappointment, losing to a big underdog who was an unexpected finalist. At the time of McDonald and concrete charlie we did good .. and I was young and ignorant but on board and hooked.

I don't want to see us in the toilet. We were, though, last year. And in chuncks of our history. And we are on shaky ground this year too. The future is uncertain and my fears are that we need a major overhaul of both the roster and the coaching staff that it might be a long, slow process. I have fingers crossed that Chip era will see us eventually become a team to enjoy watching for a fair while.

My fandom has a limit. And I don't want to be stuck with the bottom feeders which is what we are when evidencing with facts such as this thread. I haven't reached my bottom yet, but let's just say the fact that I'm even to THINK like this at this time tells me how bad it is for me. If things go in a certain way where I have to decide between having a life or being an Eagles fan, I don't want to abandon ship. But I wouldn't hesitate if push came to shove.

So c'mon Eagles ... be proud, fly eagles fly ... fight ... win a fair share and get at least ONE trophy for Pete's sake sometime in the not too distant future. Good luck Chip, you have my full trust and confidence.

GOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.