Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if Foles and Vick are out for this week?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Jax
I'm afraid Barkley dropped in the draft for a reason and we were the bargain shoppers that got what they paid for. If he starts against the Giants then we will have to endure a loss to their sorry asses.
nephillymike
Very disappointing.

Three INT's plus one called back in one quarter of work.

That's pathetic.

And he acts like he's playing well. No sense of embarrassment, nor seeming urgency.

I'm surprised they didn't bring back Dixon this week.
Rick
Well, it looks like Foles will be out. I guess it's possible to come back from a concussion on short notice but not likely.
Jax
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 22 2013, 06:50 AM) *
Well, it looks like Foles will be out. I guess it's possible to come back from a concussion on short notice but not likely.

True, tough to turn it around in one week after a concussion. This stinks. Bring back Dennis Dixon!
HobbEs
Give Barkley a chance. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do with a week of preparation.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 21 2013, 09:16 PM) *
I'm afraid Barkley dropped in the draft for a reason and we were the bargain shoppers that got what they paid for. If he starts against the Giants then we will have to endure a loss to their sorry asses.

Freeman had to put up a "Foles"-ish (they still scored a TD, so that was better than Foles) performance to lose to the Giants

Barkley will throw 3 INTs but still be better than that for at least one game
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 22 2013, 09:05 AM) *
True, tough to turn it around in one week after a concussion. This stinks. Bring back Dennis Dixon!

I thought he was the practice squad QB. I saw they brought back Kinne. lol.

and I just saw Foles got concussed. that blows. never bought into the "starter" talk regarding him, but he's definitely following in the footsteps of Klob...
Jax
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 22 2013, 09:17 AM) *
Give Barkley a chance. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do with a week of preparation.

Barkley will probably make us want Foles back quickly. I think Barkley was available in the 4th round for a reason and we got what we paid for...
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 22 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Barkley will probably make us want Foles back quickly. I think Barkley was available in the 4th round for a reason and we got what we paid for...

I actually agree with that second sentence. Barkley should have declared when the hype was high enough (he was getting the same kind of Andrew Luck talk).
Rick
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 22 2013, 02:17 PM) *

Exactly, he didn't exactly light it up in the preseason and he was playing against a bunch of guys who were either not making an NFL roster or barely did. How is he going to do against the big boys? Oh wait, we just saw that the other day...
Jax
Guess it is a moot point now as MV has been named starter.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 22 2013, 07:18 PM) *

Unless he pulls up lame the first time he runs the ball.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Oct 23 2013, 01:22 AM) *

That is a risk the Eagles are going to have to take. I just heard that the NFL has decided not to remove those white lines painted on the green field that Vick was trying to clear when he pulled his hamstring.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Oct 22 2013, 08:22 PM) *

At least we wouldn't have to worry about Foles choking against another divisional opponent. I could live with Barkley and his INT's in your scenario.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 22 2013, 07:18 PM) *

All of this is moot. We can ride Vick to a potential playoff-squeaker and hope we play like champs for 4 games in a row, or we can find out what we have at QB. At this point I'd like to see Barkley in there, when Foles comes back let him have another shot at starting. The 2010 7-9 Seahawks making the playoffs was a whole different ballgame - Carroll and Schneider have been building a championship caliber team starting that year, look at their drafting and acquisitions. I don't have the same kind of faith in Howie.
Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 22 2013, 10:10 PM) *
All of this is moot. We can ride Vick to a potential playoff-squeaker and hope we play like champs for 4 games in a row, or we can find out what we have at QB. At this point I'd like to see Barkley in there, when Foles comes back let him have another shot at starting. The 2010 7-9 Seahawks making the playoffs was a whole different ballgame - Carroll and Schneider have been building a championship caliber team starting that year, look at their drafting and acquisitions. I don't have the same kind of faith in Howie.

Exactly. May as well see what you're working with to know what you need to find in the coming years.
Jax
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 22 2013, 09:20 PM) *
At least we wouldn't have to worry about Foles choking against another divisional opponent. I could live with Barkley and his INT's in your scenario.

Yeah, that'd be much better to have Barkley throw a bunch of INT's. Barkley. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.