Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuck Foles and Barkley too.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I hate all 3.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 21 2013, 09:50 AM) *
I hate all 3.

at this point, we can pick the worst QB on the roster and tank it out so that the franchise guy can be drafted

or the Eagles can pick the guy who makes the team look the least embarrassing on offense. which I guess will make season ticket holders feel better.

I really don't care. this is not a playoff team, certainly not a Super Bowl team, so there's no use in getting any hopes up for anything happening this season. sweep the VaGiants and I'm happy.
xsv
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 21 2013, 10:05 AM) *
I really don't care. this is not a playoff team, certainly not a Super Bowl team, so there's no use in getting any hopes up for anything happening this season. sweep the VaGiants and I'm happy.

I feel much the same. I'd still rather go with a young guy than with Vick, but I don't think it matters much at this point.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 21 2013, 09:50 AM) *
I hate all 3.

WIP callers were predictably bipolar this morning - last week most people were ready to sign Foles to a 10-year deal. laugh.gif I wanted him to get his chance against Dallas, and wow did he fail miserably.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 21 2013, 10:07 AM) *
WIP callers were predictably bipolar this morning - last week most people were ready to sign Foles to a 10-year deal. :lol: I wanted him to get his chance against Dallas, and wow did he fail miserably.

LOL. I wish I could have heard this. The Foles Faithful are the biggest frauds ever. In fact, people wishing for a "Flacco" or a "Looks Like Flacco" based on the fact that he basically Eli'd himself to a championship = missing the point.

The Eagles have don't play that "game manager that can sling it if needed" QB type offense and they don't have the defense that can allow that. They DID, but then the guys got old and the drafted replacements... not so good (or talented, but poor fits).

Never really been the Eagles' identity, even in my personal favorite era of the Eagles (Buddy Ryan years). Inconsistency, unfortunately is, though it's not as bad as some other franchises out there. And I'm cool with that (not the inconsistency, just the non-conservative vision for the team). Smash the crap out of the rivals, but do it Philly Style.
Dreagon
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that Foles' first bad game ever?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Oct 21 2013, 11:00 AM) *
LOL. I wish I could have heard this. The Foles Faithful are the biggest frauds ever. In fact, people wishing for a "Flacco" or a "Looks Like Flacco" based on the fact that he basically Eli'd himself to a championship = missing the point.

The same people who wanted Shawn Bradley.

One caller went on a 30 second rant about how he goes to every home game and we've lost the last 9, and went to 2 away games this year where we won. He spent almost $3,000 on the tickets, travel, food, etc. in that span of 9 losses.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 21 2013, 11:31 AM) *

You're forgiven....and you're wrong. This was Fool's first real sh*tty game. He has been bad before (last season), but this type of "suckage" is historic and probably a once in a career failure of epic proportions.

My problem with his performance is that I cannot fathom why he struggled so badly. A vast majority of his incompletions came with little (to no) pressure. Two of his valued strengths are supposed to be his poise and accuracy....neither were present during yesterday's fiasco.
mcnabbulous
Playing QB is hard. Which is why the criticism towards Vick this year has been ridiculous. He's played extremely well.

The grass is greener, my friends.

Foles' performance against the Bucs was a bit of a mirage. Their defensive style fit perfectly into what we try to do. It was clear we weren't going to know what we had with him until a team rolled out a press man and gave DJax fits on the outside. I figured he'd struggle a bit. Didn't see that coming though.
HobbEs
Tim Tebow is still out there.
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 21 2013, 10:31 AM) *
Ok , thanks , that the first chuckle of the day for me. For everyones sake I hope you are right.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 21 2013, 11:51 AM) *
Playing QB is hard. Which is why the criticism towards Vick this year has been ridiculous. He's played extremely well.

Foles' performance against the Bucs was a bit of a mirage. Their defensive style fit perfectly into what we try to do. It was clear we weren't going to know what we had with him until a team rolled out a press man and gave DJax fits on the outside. I figured he'd struggle a bit. Didn't see that coming though.

If Dallass had put on a defensive show and Foles had a horrible game, it would be excusable. My issue is that he seemed scatter brained and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He overlooked the open receivers and missed them (horribly) when he did find them.

No excuse.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 21 2013, 11:51 AM) *

Fuck all 3 qbs, but I'd still put Foles out there over Vick for the remainder of the season.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 21 2013, 11:21 AM) *
If Dallass had put on a defensive show and Foles had a horrible game, it would be excusable. My issue is that he seemed scatter brained and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He overlooked the open receivers and missed them (horribly) when he did find them.

No excuse.

He played terribly, no doubt. My point is that all QB's miss opportunities. The elite guys just do it far less frequently than others.

MV has done so several times this year, but overall, he's played very well. And he compensates for the missed passing opportunities by bringing so much to the running game. Both personally and the impact he has on Shady.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 21 2013, 12:29 PM) *
Fuck all 3 qbs, but I'd still put Foles out there over Vick for the remainder of the season.

If Foles still starts the rest of the year, I may have to swing by the free agent pool and pick up Riley Cooper for my fantasy team..... wink.gif
Eyrie
I think whoever is the QB for the rest of the season will be determined less by how well/badly they are playing and more by how well they fit the scheme that Kelly wants to use. At least that way the other ten guys on the field get some benefit from each snap.
iggleslover49
Marcus Mariota is all I have to say. Let's trade Foles and put all our eggs in the basket to get Mariota. This scheme simply HAS to have QB with wheels. It's built off of the read option and you simply will not execute it the same without that QB freezing the defense. A QB simply MUST get that ball out quickly, if not, then he better have some scramble ability to take advantage of the fact that the oline is run blocking. Any thought that Foles is the future and can fit this scheme should be thrown out the window.
mcnabbulous
Thumbs up to both of the last two posts.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Oct 21 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Marcus Mariota is all I have to say. Let's trade Foles and put all our eggs in the basket to get Mariota. This scheme simply HAS to have QB with wheels. It's built off of the read option and you simply will not execute it the same without that QB freezing the defense. A QB simply MUST get that ball out quickly, if not, then he better have some scramble ability to take advantage of the fact that the oline is run blocking. Any thought that Foles is the future and can fit this scheme should be thrown out the window.

he is my #1a QB to draft. With Chip Kelly and perhaps another WR worth at least a drop of cow urine (Maclin?) ... he seems like he could be everything. And by "everything" I mean a younger version of Vick w/more upside.

the Eagles will have to pull off a RGIII-type deal, maybe with the Giants (VOMIT) to do that. but really, besides safety and some safety valves at WR and on the OL what else do the Eagles need?
Jax
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 21 2013, 11:31 AM) *

Exactly. This is a bit of an overreaction. I am not in favor of giving Foles as much rope as Mark Sanchez but I am at least willing to give the guy one Mulligan.
Jax
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Oct 21 2013, 03:16 PM) *

Yikes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.