Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles shit the bed, but
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
1. He played so bad that there must be something to that groin thing. The difference between last week and this week is like a ying and a yang. Last week he was accurate and saw the field well. Today he missed open receivers and his throws were way off. Something was wrong and it had to be more than him not being good enough.

2. Barkley showed like he could be something to work with. The interceptions were disastrous, but this was his first shot at a regular season game and somehow the Dallas D was playing pretty well. He didn't see the coverage but he may learn and grow. His arm didn't look weak and his throws were pretty accurate.

I don't have a seat on the bridge because of this game. I hate losing to the 'Pukes but I also expected this season to be a growth year, not a win year.
nephillymike
With an average career length of 4 years, every year is a win year.

How you can watch Foles and Barkley today and see hope I'll never know.

I guess you were drinking better beer than I.

This blows!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 20 2013, 07:14 PM) *

How you can watch Foles and Barkley today and see hope I'll never know.

I guess you were drinking better beer than I.

This blows!

You've been giving Foles accolades for a while. He had great rookie numbers and looked very good closing out the Giants and last week against a good defense. How do you explain him being a complete opposite this week? Cowboys found his tendencies and capitalized on them? That doesn't explain his terrible accuracy.

Barkey may end up sucking balls better than he throws them, but take away his terrible ints today and he didn't look bad. He's a rookie and hasn't had any exposure to the speed of the game before today and probably had very little preparation.
Jax
Foles was flat out horrendous. Maybe his injury had an effect but I could've completed the passes to Celek and Avant so injury was no excuse there. Anyway, we still probably wouldn't have won even with those two.

I can give Foles one free pass. Another game that looks like that and I will have a different opinion.
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 20 2013, 07:38 PM) *
You've been giving Foles accolades for a while. He had great rookie numbers and looked very good closing out the Giants and last week against a good defense. How do you explain him being a complete opposite this week? Cowboys found his tendencies and capitalized on them? That doesn't explain his terrible accuracy.

Barkey may end up sucking balls better than he throws them, but take away his terrible ints today and he didn't look bad. He's a rookie and hasn't had any exposure to the speed of the game before today and probably had very little preparation.

I can't take away 4 INT's in 3 tries. That's harder than striking out for hitters in one inning!

CT_Eagle
Fan reactions swing so wildly from game to game. Foles had a couple of very good games followed by today's horrendous performance. It was unrealistic to expect Foles to continue at the pace he set in the Giants and Bucs game. It is also unfair to point to today's game and label Foles a failure. All QBs, especially young QBs, have bad games as they develop. The important thing is that Foles takes the mistakes from today's game and learns from them. He needs to start for the rest of this season so Chip has enough games in which to judge the potential of Foles. At the same time, if Foles puts together 5 or 6 games like today's, it is time to start looking at Barkley.
koolaidluke
I don't think there is any question that his injury prevented him from being effective but at this level you need to be able to play injured.

It's just one game. We'll see how he bounces back next week.
Eyrie
As I observed last night (and I'm only slightly less pissed off now), you don't bench someone for one bad game. Assuming Foles is healthy then I'd give him a chance to do better against the NJ VaGiants.

But if Kelly decides to go back to Vick then it's difficult to argue after Foles' fiasco.
nephillymike
Does anyone ever remember a worse egg by an Eagles QB in a game we were favored to win? Not only that, but it wasn't he was getting sacked left and right. He had plenty of time. He had plenty of open WR's. He just missed so many of them with his throws, and he missed even seeing so many more.

I didn't see this coming, not the train wreck. A sub par game? OK i can see that happening.

THAT game? Can't ever remember anything as bad.
bwc2112
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 20 2013, 07:04 PM) *
1. He played so bad that there must be something to that groin thing. The difference between last week and this week is like a ying and a yang. Last week he was accurate and saw the field well. Today he missed open receivers and his throws were way off. Something was wrong and it had to be more than him not being good enough.

2. Barkley showed like he could be something to work with. The interceptions were disastrous, but this was his first shot at a regular season game and somehow the Dallas D was playing pretty well. He didn't see the coverage but he may learn and grow. His arm didn't look weak and his throws were pretty accurate.

I don't have a seat on the bridge because of this game. I hate losing to the 'Pukes but I also expected this season to be a growth year, not a win year.

I like what you state see my last post.
SAM I Am
Last week he was accurate and saw the field well. Today he missed open receivers and his throws were way off.

Bobby Hoying anyone? unsure.gif

Hopefully this clunker will turn out to be the worst game he ever has as an NFL quarterback. I don't know if he was injured or not going into this game, but hey, shit happens. Put that one in the rear view mirror and move on big guy.
TGryn
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 20 2013, 03:14 PM) *

I'm no fan of Goodell, but he sounds right about this:
http://nflcommunications.com/2011/04/18/wh...r-goodell-says/

One fan on the conference call said she has read many times that the average career length of an NFL player is about three years, adding it seemed so many played much longer than that. She asked Commissioner Goodell about his knowledge of NFL career length. "There is a little bit of a misrepresentation or a misunderstanding on that. Frequently, it is said that the average career is about 3.5 years. In fact, if a player makes an opening day roster, his career is very close to six years," Commissioner Goodell said. "If you are a first-round draft choice, the average career is close to nine years. That 3.5-year average is really a misrepresentation. What it adds is a lot of players who don't make an NFL roster and it brings down the average."

According to a recent NFL Management Council analysis of players who entered the NFL between 1993 and 2002, the average career length for a player who is on his club's opening-day roster as a rookie is 6.0 years.
Wheeljack

I remembered something else about the game, and I'm sure it's been a recurrent topic hereabouts, but Herremans.

I think he is perhaps the shakiest part of the line right now. Peters is doing OK given it's his first season back. But I've heard more illegal procedures and otherwise crap play from #79 to be desired this season (think he was involved in that scary D-Jax injury)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.