Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why would Vick have his own announcement
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
While Chip is keeping the same old mantra?? I would think that Chip would tell him not to say anything about it to keep Dallas guessing.

Some theories:

1. He really is hurting still and just got tired of the questioning and just decided to speak on his own, with no other intentions.

2. Same as #1, but in a show of disrespect, decided to trump Chip in return for being pissed about Chip's lack of a "Mike's our starter when healthy" quote that he thinks he deserved.

3. He thinks Foles will struggle against Dallas and by bowing out of the game Sunday, he will look better in the eyes of the coach and fans.

4. He is completely full of shit and is ready to go and got the info out there early enough so Dallas spends little time preparing for him.

My hunch says D. I think Vick will be ready for Sunday. I don't see him with the motives for #1, 2 or 3. Even if #1 was true, I would think he would honor the code of silence normally observed in these situations.

anyone??
xsv
I think he's not that smart, didn't think it through, and just said whatever he felt like off the top of his head, without regard for what Chip said, or what was best for the rest of the team.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 17 2013, 02:34 PM) *
I think he's not that smart, didn't think it through, and just said whatever he felt like off the top of his head, without regard for what Chip said, or what was best for the rest of the team.

BINGO!
Bocadelphia Eagles John
How about ... he was just being honest when asked a Q by reporter ?

Why does everything have to have "an agenda" or "intrigue" ?

Sometimes fans act like a bunch of old women trying to 2nd guess the most inconsequential events. Jeez.
xsv
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Oct 17 2013, 01:35 PM) *
How about ... he was just being honest when asked a Q by reporter ?

Why does everything have to have "an agenda" or "intrigue" ?

Sometimes fans act like a bunch of old women trying to 2nd guess the most inconsequential events. Jeez.

Because what he said was in direct contradiction to what Chip said, and because it was a detriment to the team.

Regardless of his reasons, it definitely was not a smart thing to say.
Jax
I think we are over-analyzing...
nephillymike
#1 was one of the options.
Just sayin
Phits
#1 I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 17 2013, 10:00 AM) *
While Chip is keeping the same old mantra?? I would think that Chip would tell him not to say anything about it to keep Dallas guessing.

Some theories:

1. He really is hurting still and just got tired of the questioning and just decided to speak on his own, with no other intentions.

2. Same as #1, but in a show of disrespect, decided to trump Chip in return for being pissed about Chip's lack of a "Mike's our starter when healthy" quote that he thinks he deserved.

3. He thinks Foles will struggle against Dallas and by bowing out of the game Sunday, he will look better in the eyes of the coach and fans.

4. He is completely full of shit and is ready to go and got the info out there early enough so Dallas spends little time preparing for him.

My hunch says D. I think Vick will be ready for Sunday. I don't see him with the motives for #1, 2 or 3. Even if #1 was true, I would think he would honor the code of silence normally observed in these situations.

anyone??

nephillymike
Now how great would it be in the lore of the Eagles -Dallas feud if the combined Foles-Vick press conference today was all a hoax and in fact Vick is ready to go Sunday??

Fantasy guys would hate it, but imagine the first play of the game when both Foles and Vick go out there behind center!!

Has Chip said anything about Vick being out yet? "According to Kelly today, Vick's status remains day to day"

Hmmmm.

If Chip doesn't say any different up thru Saturday, then I can see the smokescreen from here!!!

You go to the main site and you got the two QB's hugging each other. That's great and all but could it be they are laying it on a little thick? A joint press conference?? For who, for what? For Dallas. To get the upper hand so we can kick their ass!! (Sorry Dreagon)

It would be a classic prank.

Stay tuned.
nephillymike
Exhibit A:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.html
D Rock
Yeah. We wouldn't want them to prepare for Vick w the extra practice reps for the fg block unit.

tongue.gif
nephillymike
In their final injury report before the game today, the Eagles listed Mike Vick as questionable, with limited participation in practice.

The questionable signifies a 50-50 chance of playing. It also does not incur the scrutiny (or potential fine) that listing him as doubtful would when he plays Sunday. devil03.gif
Flying Dutchman
I'ld go with #5. "He was tired of Philly media and fans trying to generate a Vick-Nick QB controversy. He really has grown into a classy teammate and has a great relationship and respect for Foles. He used the question as a chance to throw cold water on any controversy and clearly state his support for the kid."
nephillymike
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Oct 18 2013, 04:12 PM) *
I'ld go with #5. "He was tired of Philly media and fans trying to generate a Vick-Nick QB controversy. He really has grown into a classy teammate and has a great relationship and respect for Foles. He used the question as a chance to throw cold water on any controversy and clearly state his support for the kid."

I'll agree that he is class.

However, I think he is of a higher class.

The class that will do anything to stick it to the Cowboys, regardless of how it looks.

That is the class that I belong!!

Think about this. If the QB comes out and says he's out, then what possible reason would you list him as questionable at this point of the week, after he came out twice and said it, even yesterday mentioning it could be weeks before he is ready?

=============================================================
Colonel, I have just one more question before I call Airman O'Malley and Airman
Perez: If you gave an order that Santiago wasn't to be touched, and your orders are
always followed, then why would he be in danger, why would it be necessary to transfer him off the base?
=============================================================

Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 17 2013, 09:21 PM) *
You go to the main site and you got the two QB's hugging each other. That's great and all but could it be they are laying it on a little thick? A joint press conference?? For who, for what? For Dallas. To get the upper hand so we can kick their ass!! (Sorry Dreagon)

Don't be sorry. This is an Eagles board biggrin.gif

The thing to be sorry about is my wife showing up with Renaissance Festival tickets for me and the kids on Sunday. So while yall are cheering on your team and chatting, I'll be chasing kids through crowds of people who are dressed funny and says "M'lord" a lot.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 19 2013, 12:40 AM) *

The thing to be sorry about is my wife showing up with Renaissance Festival tickets for me and the kids on Sunday. So while yall are cheering on your team and chatting, I'll be chasing kids through crowds of people who are dressed funny and says "M'lord" a lot.

Same old, same old. Y'all be chasing McCoy through crowds of funny, blue-faced cowgirls, then kneeling and saying "M'Lord" to him a lot! tongue.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 19 2013, 05:40 AM) *

I think you need to come down with something non-specific but definitely immobilising so that you have to stay at home tomorrow wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.