Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's some interesting stats...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Nick Foles against TB (2013): 22-of-31 (71%), 296 passing yards, 3 PASS TDs, 1 RUSH TD

Tom Brady against TB (2013): 25-of-36 (69%), 225 passing yards, 2 PASS TDs, 1 INT

Drew Brees against TB (2013): 26-of-46 (57%), 322 passing yards, 1 PASS TD, 2 INTs
Jax
Very nice X!
canadianeagle
There has been so much discussion over who should be the starting qb this year. There has been much discussion over who will be the starting QB next year--do they stick with Foles or pick a franchise QB in the draft?

Is QB really the problem? This offense has put up more yards than any other team and while I recognize that they were against lousy teams, this is still a pretty amazing stat.

The problem this team has is defense. Whether its the coordinator, the scheme, or players, I'm not totally sure. What I do know is this team does not have one guy who is a difference maker. When your best player is your team's n. back you know there are concerns.

Truthfully, unless, you can get a true franchise QB, I would rather go with who we have -- Foles/Barkley/Vick and try to find that difference maker this team has been missing since Dawkins.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 15 2013, 12:16 PM) *
Nick Foles against TB (2013): 22-of-31 (71%), 296 passing yards, 3 PASS TDs, 1 RUSH TD

Tom Brady against TB (2013): 25-of-36 (69%), 225 passing yards, 2 PASS TDs, 1 INT

Drew Brees against TB (2013): 26-of-46 (57%), 322 passing yards, 1 PASS TD, 2 INTs

It's Brees that stands out.

Brady's WRs are worse than the Eagles. There are no DeSeans on that squad. Just a bunch of Riley Poopers and maybe an Avant.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Oct 15 2013, 11:52 AM) *
Truthfully, unless, you can get a true franchise QB, I would rather go with who we have -- Foles/Barkley/Vick and try to find that difference maker this team has been missing since Dawkins.

How do you know if you have a true franchise QB until you have him? I like what the Seahawks did. They just kept acquiring guys until they found their guy.

There is no penalty for drafting QB's. If you have a real franchise QB, it mitigates a lot of the other problems.

If there is a guy on the board, and they believe him to be a franchise guy (whether that is Mariotta, Manziel, or whomever) than they should absolutely draft him.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2013, 02:51 PM) *
How do you know if you have a true franchise QB until you have him? I like what the Seahawks did. They just kept acquiring guys until they found their guy.

There is no penalty for drafting QB's. If you have a real franchise QB, it mitigates a lot of the other problems.

If there is a guy on the board, and they believe him to be a franchise guy (whether that is Mariotta, Manziel, or whomever) than they should absolutely draft him.

Manning, Brady, Montana, Marino... nobody could win with this defense on the same sideline...
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2013, 07:51 PM) *

The penalty is missing out on all the talent we could have acquired with the picks wasted until the franchise QB is found, picks that could have addressed the other problems.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 15 2013, 01:57 PM) *
Manning, Brady, Montana, Marino... nobody could win with this defense on the same sideline...

Maybe not this defense, but it doesn't have to be top-5 to win. Especially if there is an elite QB at the helm.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 15 2013, 02:09 PM) *
The penalty is missing out on all the talent we could have acquired with the picks wasted until the franchise QB is found, picks that could have addressed the other problems.

Like I said, having an elite QB will make those other problems much smaller. We've been missing out on talent for the past decade without finding an elite QB.

If we're truly "wasting picks" on QB's, than it's one thing. I'm talking about our front office identifying a guy that they deem to have that talent. Unless you have that guy on your roster, you should always be looking to acquire him. Even if you have someone who is capable.
canadianeagle
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 15 2013, 02:09 PM) *

Exactly. This team is doing very well offensively. Unless this team get some playmakers on defense, we will be an average team regardless who is QB.

The other issue, is many of the QB's talked about for next years draft will be taken in the first 10 picks. I'm not sure the Eagles will be best suited in trading away other high picks for one player.

As for the Seahawks...They may have found their guy but a large part of his success is a result of the pieces placed around him.

Also, I'm really not sure how anyone can say Foles is not more than a capable player. His stats thus far put him up there with the Tom Brady's, Peyton Manning's, and Andrew Luck's of the world.

Again, I am not saying he will be good enough to be more than a career back-up. I just think he has demonstrated enough upside that he be given the opportunity.
D Rock
Agreed. Defense is 1000x more screwed up.

The offense is putting up record numbers in yards. Now w/ Foles, it's putting up POINTS too. Our problem is stopping the OTHER offense.

This offense doesn't require "elite" quarterback play.
mcnabbulous
The defense is going to take 2-3 years to really "fix."

If the right QB is available in that time, to do the things that Chip really wants to do (assuming that does include the mobility) -- then it's a no brainer.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2013, 04:27 PM) *

If the right QB is available in that time, to do the things that Chip really wants to do (assuming that does include the mobility) -- then it's a no brainer.

I think many people use the term mobility and the read/option play to mean the same thing when it relates to Chip Kelly. If you lessen the use of the QB read/option then I don't think that voids Chip Kelly's offense.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2013, 04:27 PM) *

Then you're suggesting that when the Eagles are on the board and there is a potential franchise QB sitting there AND a stud LB, CB, S also there they should take the QB? I'm not sure about that only because the offense is working and the defense pretty much isn't.
Zero
Some more:
LeSean leads the NFL in rushing.

DeSean is 2nd in the league in receiving yards.

The Eagles are 5th in the NFL in team passer rating, at 102.4.

Bradley Fletcher is 3rd in the league in pass deflections with 10.

Here ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.