Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo Mikey
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Jax
WTF. The Flyers sucked last year, underachieving in major proportions and got a free pass. This year we start out 0-5??
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 14 2013, 07:18 PM) *
WTF. The Flyers sucked last year, underachieving in major proportions and got a free pass. This year we start out 0-5??

1-5, get it right.

I'm going tonight, to watch us get spanked by the Canucks. mad.gif
Jax
Lol, I must've missed the fact that we won a game. Enjoy tonight!
nephillymike
I have no answers. Neither do they!!

They get a pass for everything in this town.

Mr Snyder and his whole crew.

It's sickening really
Jax
It's partially because the Sixers and Flyers are a distant 3rd and 4th behind the Phils and Birds.
Bez
You know I said this before , but HOP wasnt here . I was at the
Golden Seals FLyers game where the Flyer player jumped over the plexiglass and started beating a drunk guy at the end of the game. I always liked the Flyers as a kid. It seems so long ago , I recall chairs on top of me and the drunk guy on was partiall on me . I would like to see a video of it to see if I was really there or not . But I am sure I was . Did any of you guys play hockey ? I did and got my first penalty called on me by Charles Schulz up in Santa Rosa.
Jax
QUOTE (Bez @ Oct 16 2013, 12:11 AM) *
You know I said this before , but HOP wasnt here . I was at the
Golden Seals FLyers game where the Flyer player jumped over the plexiglass and started beating a drunk guy at the end of the game. I always liked the Flyers as a kid. It seems so long ago , I recall chairs on top of me and the drunk guy on was partiall on me . I would like to see a video of it to see if I was really there or not . But I am sure I was . Did any of you guys play hockey ? I did and got my first penalty called on me by Charles Schulz up in Santa Rosa.

Growing up in North Florida there was no hockey at the time. Now there is a good hockey program in Jax. I wish I had played, I love the speed of the game.
Bez
Its hard on the face. There are lots of old guys who like to play , but it aint cheap to suit up.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 14 2013, 07:18 PM) *

Was there last night, we took a 2-1 lead into the 3rd, and naturally collapsed. God they suck.
Chip Kelly
As an outsider (Maple Leafs fan), it looks to me like the Flyers are doing what the Leafs did a few years ago, pay a lot of money for over the hill players. Players who were once good (Vinny), but can no longer play at the same level. Anybody else see it this way?

I guess that pretty much gives away the fact that I am Canadian. smile.gif
Jax
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Oct 17 2013, 02:02 AM) *
As an outsider (Maple Leafs fan), it looks to me like the Flyers are doing what the Leafs did a few years ago, pay a lot of money for over the hill players. Players who were once good (Vinny), but can no longer play at the same level. Anybody else see it this way?

I guess that pretty much gives away the fact that I am Canadian. smile.gif

Lecavalier sure seems to fit that description. Heck, I didn't even know he was still in the league until the other day when someone mentioned that he was missing from our lineup due to injury.
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 17 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Lecavalier sure seems to fit that description. Heck, I didn't even know he was still in the league until the other day when someone mentioned that he was missing from our lineup due to injury.

Is goaltending still an issue? Haven't watched them at all aside from when they played the Leafs. Mason seemed alright, but the Leafs have issues with getting shots.
Phits
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Oct 17 2013, 05:44 PM) *
Is goaltending still an issue? Haven't watched them at all aside from when they played the Leafs. Mason seemed alright, but the Leafs have issues with getting shots.

Leafs are a tough team. They hit hard and finish their checks. They have balanced scoring and a very sound defensively with solid goal tending....of course since I live in the Toronto area I drink a lot of Leaf Kool aid.

Chip Kelly
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 17 2013, 06:57 PM) *
Leafs are a tough team. They hit hard and finish their checks. They have balanced scoring and a very sound defensively with solid goal tending....of course since I live in the Toronto area I drink a lot of Leaf Kool aid.

I think we have a good team this year and are a few pieces away from being a real contender. A far cry from a few years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.