Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why are we always on the road...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
...when playing Tampa Bay, Green Bay and Oakland?

I can't remember the last time we played Tampa Bay in Philly and we played them in Tampa last season!

The last time we played Green Bay in Philly (that I can remember) Randal was QB (obviously, my memory could be suspect).

And I can't ever remember playing the Raiders in Philly.

Now, with our (overall) average play at the Linc since it opened, it may be a blessing in disguise but I have to wonder why we always go on the road to play these teams.
Chip Kelly
The last time we played Tampa in Philly was 2009. Last time the Packers were in Philly was our retro jersey day in 2010 (where Vick took over as starter from Kolb and almost lead the comeback). Plus, they beat us in the wild card that year. The last home game vs. the Raiders was 2005 when Akers kicked the winner on a bummed hamstring.
Rick
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Oct 14 2013, 05:54 PM) *
The last time we played Tampa in Philly was 2009. Last time the Packers were in Philly was our retro jersey day in 2010 (where Vick took over as starter from Kolb and almost lead the comeback). Plus, they beat us in the wild card that year. The last home game vs. the Raiders was 2005 when Akers kicked the winner on a bummed hamstring.

I wasn't asking the last time we played those guys at home, rather, why do we go on the road to play them more often than we get to play them at home (not counting playoffs obviously).

Why did we go to Tampa again this season after playing them down there last season?

Why are we BACK in CA this year when we played them there the last time we played them?
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 16 2013, 07:00 AM) *
I wasn't asking the last time we played those guys at home, rather, why do we go on the road to play them more often than we get to play them at home (not counting playoffs obviously).

Why did we go to Tampa again this season after playing them down there last season?

Why are we BACK in CA this year when we played them there the last time we played them?

With the way we play at home, we should ask the league to schedule all games on the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.