Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who beat the Bucs?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I like what the offense did. Foles played well. McCoy played like Shady. Ertz is coming along. Hey, Cooper looked like a WR. The OL did a nice job. The offense played well against a good defense.

Not to be a prick, but did the Eagles' defense hold the Bucs or did the Bucs' mistakes kill them. In the second half it seemed every time they ripped off a good run it was called back. I'm not sure the Bucs didn't lose the game and the Eagles benefited from that.
Chip Kelly
Also, I was glad to see DeSean back up his mouth.

I think the Bucs offense hurt themselves with penalties and dropped passes/turnovers, it had less to do with the Eagles doing the right things. Just my opinion, of course
JeeQ
There's no denying the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the worst team in the NFL. If we didn't gift them with a fumble, and a gaff on Special Teams I doubt they would've put the ball in the end zone all day. Much like last year our only wins have come against horrendous teams: Redskins (1-3), Giants (0-6), Buccaneers (0-5). We won't know what this team is truly made of until next Sunday when we face a capable team in Dallas. In my opinion it's the turning point for either team. Dallas or Philadelphia will take the win here and run with it to a division title.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 13 2013, 08:38 PM) *
There's no denying the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the worst team in the NFL.

This guy would like a word....

Zero
Classic! laugh.gif
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 13 2013, 08:38 PM) *
There's no denying the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the worst team in the NFL. If we didn't gift them with a fumble, and a gaff on Special Teams I doubt they would've put the ball in the end zone all day. Much like last year our only wins have come against horrendous teams: Redskins (1-3), Giants (0-6), Buccaneers (0-5). We won't know what this team is truly made of until next Sunday when we face a capable team in Dallas. In my opinion it's the turning point for either team. Dallas or Philadelphia will take the win here and run with it to a division title.

I dunno about worst team in NFL. The Giants and Jags exist. I guess people are still holding the Giants to the "they can turn it around status". but it looks as if they are eliminated from any hopes of going into the playoffs now.

IMO the Bucs are a mirror image of the current Eagles, with more talent on defense. especially now with Glennon and Foles as the stand-in QBs
D Rock
Yup. VaGiants and Jaggoffs are worse. At least TamponGay has a real defense.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 13 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Not to be a prick, but did the Eagles' defense hold the Bucs or did the Bucs' mistakes kill them. In the second half it seemed every time they ripped off a good run it was called back. I'm not sure the Bucs didn't lose the game and the Eagles benefited from that.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but it should be pointed out that when an offensive lineman gets a holding penalty, it's often because the defender beat him. So while technically a mistake on the part of the O more than a positive play on the stat sheet for the defender . . . it's not a stretch to say those penalties were caused by good defense.

Just another way of looking at it.
JeeQ
In the words of the great SpudDogg:

"The Giants are the kind of team who'll go on a ten game win streak, end the season 10-6, and win the Super Bowl"

I couldn't agree with him more; which is why I can't list them as the worst team in the NFL just yet. Even with the 6 losses, they're still only 3 wins behind the division leader.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2013, 01:58 PM) *
I don't disagree with your sentiment, but it should be pointed out that when an offensive lineman gets a holding penalty, it's often because the defender beat him. So while technically a mistake on the part of the O more than a positive play on the stat sheet for the defender . . . it's not a stretch to say those penalties were caused by good defense.

Just another way of looking at it.

Agreed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.