Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So... No One Is Going To Say It?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
We're Sitting On Top Of The Div Bitch!

We lost three tough games, but then came back and won the two games we had to win. Our offense looks incredible no matter if Vick or Foles is at the helm, the defense is still abysmal but there's a sign of life every now and then. With a Redskins win tonight, and a win over Dallas next week we could be sitting comfortably atop the division and have it all but secured five weeks later if we could pull off a very feasible 4-1 record with wins over Dallas, NYG, Washington, and Oakland.

At the moment, things are looking up kids cool.gif
Zero
It hurts so good.
Jax
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 13 2013, 04:37 PM) *
We're Sitting On Top Of The Div Bitch!

We lost three tough games, but then came back and won the two games we had to win. Our offense looks incredible no matter if Vick or Foles is at the helm, the defense is still abysmal but there's a sign of life every now and then. With a Redskins win tonight, and a win over Dallas next week we could be sitting comfortably atop the division and have it all but secured five weeks later if we could pull off a very feasible 4-1 record with wins over Dallas, NYG, Washington, and Oakland.

At the moment, things are looking up kids cool.gif

Losing to San Diego was a bad loss. KC appears to not be as bad a loss although that game was winnable for us.

Big Red has to be enjoying the 6-0 start. Personally, I know many will disagree but, I hope he wins the AFC. Of course, there are a few AFC teams that are considerably better than KC right now but just sayin...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 14 2013, 07:12 PM) *
Of course, there are a few AFC teams that are considerably better than KC right now but just sayin...

That defense gives them a chance against any team in football.
D Rock
Reid, for all his foibles has always had success when he had a top defense. It seems he got lucky again and inherited just such a unit. Again.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2013, 09:11 PM) *
Reid, for all his foibles has always had success when he had a top defense. It seems he got lucky again and inherited just such a unit. Again.

Well, he once again hired a defensive mind who he respected, but had not previously worked with. So I don't know how lucky it is. There is something to be said about having talent and being able to capitalize on talent.
I still think the Castillo hire was only a trainwreck because he didnt have the horses. He got as much out of that unit as anyone we've had over the past few seasons.

D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 15 2013, 02:44 AM) *
Well, he once again hired a defensive mind who he respected, but had not previously worked with. So I don't know how lucky it is. There is something to be said about having talent and being able to capitalize on talent.
I still think the Castillo hire was only a trainwreck because he didnt have the horses. He got as much out of that unit as anyone we've had over the past few seasons.

Agreed re Castillo and his defensive coordinator hires. The inheritance I was referring to are the horses, to use your term.

Troy Vincent, bobby Taylor, al Harris, b dawk, Hugh, trott et al were a great stable of em. So too, that squad he's got out there is full of talent.

His defensive failures were in replacing those horses once they'd been sent to pasture.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2013, 10:11 PM) *

Considering what an "offensive genius" he is, their offense looks quite inept. Alex Smith hasn't resembled the efficient game manager he was in the last couple of seasons as a 49er. As a result he is throwing the ball a lot more. He appears less efficient and is scrambling more to "salvage" the broken plays.

D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 15 2013, 02:53 AM) *
Considering what an "offensive genius" he is, their offense looks quite inept. Alex Smith hasn't resembled the efficient game manager he was in the last couple of seasons as a 49er. As a result he is throwing the ball a lot more. He appears less efficient and is scrambling more to "salvage" the broken plays.

Agreed. That's why i suggested his success has been in large part due to inheriting great defensive talent in each of his coaching stops. His offenses are the physical embodiment of "broken play."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 14 2013, 09:53 PM) *
His defensive failures were in replacing those horses once they'd been sent to pasture.

Yep, but he also had the foresight to hire JJ and now Sutton. KC's defense is giving up 16 fewer ppg than they did last season. Whatever Andy has them doing is contributing to that.
I expect Smith to get better as the season progresses. Criticizing Smith's game management abilities thus far when they are averaging 14.5 points more than their opponents is pretty suspect. I'd say an efficient game manager is exactly what he has been.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.