Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9.03
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
That is the average yards per play (run and pass) that Mike Vick is averaging when he doesn't hand the ball off.

Yet people are clamoring for him to be benched. It's fucking insanity.
mcnabbulous
dupe
nephillymike
You put the ball in his hands, to either pass or run it and he averages 9.03 per attempt.

Yep. When I looked at this a few weeks ago, he was first in the NFL. Do you know where he is now and how he compares to the top tier QB's?
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 10 2013, 04:30 PM) *
That is the average yards per play (run and pass) that Mike Vick is averaging when he doesn't hand the ball off.

Yet people are clamoring for him to be benched. It's fucking insanity.

Yeah, it's not like Vick has 15 INTs, including numerous in the 4th quarter when you had a score to go...
Jax
Why do we have so many threads about our QB's? Here on the board many still argue about Vick as if a bunch of people have been criticizing him and faulting him for our losses. I haven't seen or heard that. Vick has played ok. Some games better than others. The fact is our defense is atrocious and nothing beyond that matters as far as wins and losses go this year.

Vick, Foles, whatever.... I'm fine with either but I am over the constant QB back and forth stuff. It's the defense not the QB...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Jax @ Oct 12 2013, 07:14 AM) *
Why do we have so many threads about our QB's? Here on the board many still argue about Vick as if a bunch of people have been criticizing him and faulting him for our losses. I haven't seen or heard that. Vick has played ok. Some games better than others. The fact is our defense is atrocious and nothing beyond that matters as far as wins and losses go this year.

Vick, Foles, whatever.... I'm fine with either but I am over the constant QB back and forth stuff. It's the defense not the QB...

The ratio of QB calls to other Eagles issue call on local sports talks dwarfs our QB post ratio here. They are talking about little else. See my joy of winning post.

Now why that is, I'll take a guess.

#1 Everyone has accepted that the D will suck so it's nothing new or unaccepted. I think it is totally unacceptable that that is the case but most just glance over it.

#2. Whether it be the dog issue, the last two disappointing years, the dislike for his QB passing skills or whatever, the vast majority of people on this board and in Phila do not like Mike Vick.

#3 Most people didn't expect him back. When 90% don't like him, then that's 90% disappointed fans when the Eagles sign him.

#4 The HC says it will be an open competition in training camp and preseason. That gets the 90% hopes up that Foles will win the job. When Vick handily wins the job, disappointment sets in again.

#5 Most of the 90% figured correctly that it's only a matter of time before Vick gets hurt. When that happens the ABV folks perk up again, seeing that this is the chance for their guy to seize control of the position that has alluded them all these months.

#6 The fact that Foles comes in and plays really well in relief just takes those hopes and cranks them up a little higher.

The 90% have been chiming in all week on sports talk here in Phila. If Foies wins on Sunday, against the 0-4 Bucs and their rookie backup QB, then he is the man. Or if Foles wins, Chip should purposefully sit Vack against Dallas to open the window further to allow Foles the chance to wn the job outright by beating Dallas. We can't go back to Vick if Foles has two wins and one save in his three games now can we?

Stats don't matter to the 90%. 10th in passer rating, 2nd offense in the NFL even while having a putrid defense that prevents many an offensive possession, #1 in combined yards per attempt run or pass among all NFL QB's, and even Sunday when he scored more points per possession that Foles, it just doesn't matter. Foles, Barkley, Joe blow Off the Street, rookie to be next year, who ever is the man of the ABV club. It doesn't matter who, as long as it's anyone but Vick.

Me? I'm not a Vick fan per se. I was surprised they brought him back but welcomed the nothing guaranteed fair QB competition. Told him to shut up when he whined like a pussy in minicamp about them not naming a starter. To me, he won the job fair and square. Foles came up short and Vick played well. His stats to date have been very good, good enough to warrant a return to the starting job whenever he is healthy enough to fully utilize his skills. For me, I hope that is as soon as possible. This week maybe not, but next week hopefully. I want to beat the Cowboys and to me Vick gives me the best chance to do that.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 12 2013, 08:58 AM) *
#2. Whether it be the dog issue, the last two disappointing years, the dislike for his QB passing skills or whatever, the vast majority of people on this board and in Phila do not like Mike Vick.

90% of WIP/etc callers != 90% of people in Philly. Or Eagles fans. The crowd on the official Eagles Facebook page is staggeringly pro-Vick. I don't think they're all "Vick fans" either.

I would wager that the same group who call in support of Foles and those who rode Angelo Cataldi's bus to the 1999 draft have some huge overlap though.

the "majority" is vastly overblown. this is the same loudmouthed minority as ever. I would say the vast majority of Eagles fans don't even really care, they just want to see wins.

(which I don't think we'll have many but whatever)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.