Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geno
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
I don't know how good this guy will eventually be, but I will say he is playing much better than I thought he would. When he's not being pressured, he's played pretty well. He had an effective game on Monday night, on the road throwing 3 tds and leading the late fourth quarter game winning drive.

He has had issues with his decision making when he's played defenses that have gotten to him (Titans, Bucs, Patriots ... the Patriots game was really bad) but against teams where he's had time (Buffalo, Atlanta) he's looked pretty good. Accurate, doesn't turn the ball over, not much more you can ask for from a rookie.

5 games in, he's really surprised me.
koolaidluke
He is pretty good but I can't say that he surprised me too much. I think he is playing at about the level people expected.
mcnabbulous
Andy is 5-0. Geno is proving more than capable as an NFL starter...

Everything's coming up Mcnabbulous!

D Rock
I haven't seen Geno play, but for the 2nd half last night. I gotta admit, he looked pretty decent. That said, most QBs in the NFL look pretty good with a clean pocket and no pressure.

Time will tell.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 8 2013, 10:49 AM) *
I haven't seen Geno play, but for the 2nd half last night. I gotta admit, he looked pretty decent. That said, most QBs in the NFL look pretty good with a clean pocket and no pressure.

Time will tell.

And alternatively, most guys tend to look a lot worse when they get no protection.

He very much looks like a rookie and likely shouldn't be playing, but the fact that he has led 3 fourth quarter comebacks already is pretty impressive...under any circumstances.

My god, that Jets team is pretty pathetic as far as offensive talent is concerned. I envy that defensive line though. Especially knowing their best player is from Temple.
nephillymike
80 QB rating, 257 yds per game, 60% completions 3-2 record with a few comebacks, with very little offensive talent.

I'd say he's doing pretty well. It's still early but so far so good if you are a Jets fan.

Dr. Claw
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 8 2013, 12:36 PM) *
My god, that Jets team is pretty pathetic as far as offensive talent is concerned.

Yes indeed.

Their WRs are atrocious. Eagles in the pre-T.O. Andy Reid years bad. Stephen Hill (can you believe I wanted the Eagles to draft him), especially is embarrassing.

That being said, I do like Kerley and Cumberland... they came through for Geno that night (and I don't know if Hill was on the field, but that might have factored in)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.