Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vick Out, Foles to start Sunday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HobbEs
I wonder if we'll see anything different out of Chipper or if it'll be the same scheme he ran against the Giants.
mcnabbulous
FWIW, the beat guys just now reported Kelly called Vick "day to day." And he's not yet officially ruled out for Sunday. But they don't expect him to play.
Phits
According Reuben Frank, Foles’ passer rating of 114.9 was the highest passer rating for an Eagles quarterback against the Giants in New York since Pete Liske had a 148.4 … in 1971.
Eyrie
Kelly will need to change the offense to reflect the fact that Foles can't run so it is easier to focus on McCoy. Flip side of that is the improvement in the passing game, so stacking the box against us won't work.
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 7 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Kelly will need to change the offense to reflect the fact that Foles can't run so it is easier to focus on McCoy. Flip side of that is the improvement in the passing game, so stacking the box against us won't work.

Yup. The good thing about this is that I think Foles makes better decisions with the football. Also, he may not have the rocket for an arm that Vick does, but he is more accurate.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Oct 7 2013, 06:10 PM) *
Yup. The good thing about this is that I think Foles makes better decisions with the football. Also, he may not have the rocket for an arm that Vick does, but he is more accurate.

With DJax being our only real receiving threat, does it benefit us to take away his greatest asset, the deep threat?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.