Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Important Question For Anyone Who Saw
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Denver is running the clock down, and having Manning take short bursts horizontally to line up the kick as opposed to just the kneel down.

Dallas is out of timeouts, and Denver had two left I believe.

It's third down from around the ten yard line. Instead of Manning taking a knee, he "sprints" to his left loses about a yard and goes down to the ground.

If you saw this, let me know if you have seen anything differently up until now.

Manning is on the ground with a few seconds left, maybe five or so seconds. (because they kicked it with like three seconds left right??)

Now what if, while Manning is laying on the ground, nobody from Dallas touches him and they just stand over him?

Doesn't the clock continue to run until he is down by getting touched?

Isn't Denver not allowed to call a time out until the play is over and he is ruled down??

Could Dallas have just stood there, not touched Manning, blocking a timeout from being called and ending regulation in a 48-48 tie??

Anyone??
D Rock
No. A quarterback can "give himself up" by going to the ground.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 6 2013, 10:22 PM) *
No. A quarterback can "give himself up" by going to the ground.

Even without a feet first slide?

manning kind of rolled
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 7 2013, 12:29 AM) *
Even without a feet first slide?

manning kind of rolled

Yeah, even without a feet first slide. Even just a kneel down is sufficient.

nephillymike
A feet first slide is known as the QB giving up.

A victory formation kneel down is giving up.

A roll or head first slide is not known as giving up. Remember the fumble by Vick when doing a roll slide? Remember Eli a few years ago fumble on the head first slide? This year another QB did the same thing.

I think they could have let the clock run out by not touching him.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 7 2013, 10:41 PM) *
A feet first slide is known as the QB giving up.

A victory formation kneel down is giving up.

A roll or head first slide is not known as giving up. Remember the fumble by Vick when doing a roll slide? Remember Eli a few years ago fumble on the head first slide? This year another QB did the same thing.

I think they could have let the clock run out by not touching him.

Nope. Different deal in the pocket than out in the open field. He was down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.