Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real Good Job By Nick Foles Today
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He has nice pocket presence, slides around back there just enough to buy time. Made good quick decisions and put up some good numbers and won the game for us.

I feel better about him now that he was throwing the ball down the field with conviction. ON the bootleg, my man's got to run with more gusto. That was sadder looking than it needed to be.

I feel comfortable that if MV's hammie won't let him play next week, we are in good hands vs. the Bucs, at leat from the QB perspective. Still not sold on our DB's or pass rush.

What did he have like a 115 rating??

Great job.
Jax
Agree
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 6 2013, 10:32 PM) *
He has nice pocket presence, slides around back there just enough to buy time. Made good quick decisions and put up some good numbers and won the game for us.

I feel better about him now that he was throwing the ball down the field with conviction. ON the bootleg, my man's got to run with more gusto. That was sadder looking than it needed to be.

I feel comfortable that if MV's hammie won't let him play next week, we are in good hands vs. the Bucs, at leat from the QB perspective. Still not sold on our DB's or pass rush.

What did he have like a 115 rating??

Great job.

He had a "Good Weeden" day. With the short field he managed, but there are still some aspects of his game that give me pause (short passes, he threw a lot of McNuggets out there). The Bucs suck so if Vick isn't doing well they should be OK with Foles.

I just hope they run the ball appropriate to the skill set of the RB selected. They called Polk's number outside of the goalline. Bryce Brown doesn't seem to be a "through the tackles" RB.

and for the love of god, the TEs need to pick up the slack some more.
mcnabbulous
Once again, I was impressed with his pocket presence and less so with his arm.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 7 2013, 02:41 PM) *

I thought he showed nice touch on his TD passes to Jackson and Celek.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 7 2013, 10:11 AM) *
I thought he showed nice touch on his TD passes to Jackson and Celek.

The pass to DJax was great, but didn't require a big arm.

A number of his other deep balls, including the TD to Celek, seemed a bit too high arching and could be dangerous in the future.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 7 2013, 03:17 PM) *
The pass to DJax was great, but didn't require a big arm.

A number of his other deep balls, including the TD to Celek, seemed a bit too high arching and could be dangerous in the future.

I did not say anything about a big arm. I said he showed a nice touch.

That arching ball is exactly what was needed on Celek's catch. That ball was placed where only he could make the catch.

I understand what you mean about rainbows though. They are dangerous when they are not thrown in the back of the end zone.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 7 2013, 10:41 AM) *

I unfortunately saw a few of those dirt balls/McNuggets thrown. A couple of floaters I thought were gonna be picked.

I did like his throw on the run to Ertz I believe that kept a drive alive.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 7 2013, 10:19 AM) *
That arching ball is exactly what was needed on Celek's catch. That ball was placed where only he could make the catch.

Agreed, but that was the norm on all of his deep throws. If it was only on that Celek TD pass, I wouldn't be worried about it at all.
Eyrie
I liked Foles' presence in the pocket and his passing. As regards his running, it's a great way to run out the clock.
Jax
Arm strength is not a limiting factor for Foles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.