Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice to Billy Davis
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Elliott Wave
Can't you see the type of defense you play hurts the offense too? Why do you play so conservatively and try to prevent the big play and give up the small stuff all day?

When the offense goes three and out, it is up to the defense to try to make the other teamís offense to go three and out, this is so our offense is not sitting on the sidelines too long, which makes it easier to get in rhythm, even if they went three and out the previous series, primarily because they havenít been waiting that long, and the process of getting into rhythm can carry over from the previous series, as long as there is a short gap of time between series.

The type of defense you are calling, giving up the small stuff and doing all you can to prevent the big play, results in the other offense going on long methodical drives by taking all the small stuff you are giving up. This is a formula for disaster and you must be dumb if you canít see that.

I would rather not give up the small stuff and risk giving up the big play. This way, if you give up the big play, at least your offense can get back on the field quicker and establish their rhythm, which allows for more scoring opportunities for our offense.

You are single handedly hampering both the offense and defense.
Zero
Not supporting him, but I'd like to see how the D does with DBs and OLBs meant for the system.
nephillymike
I don't think there are 3-4 DB's or 4-3 DB's.

System system.

The DB's suck!!

Now lets see about 3-4 LB's and DL's.

We signed one 34 DL and we drafted a 34DL and we signed one 34LB but we had a 34 LB here in Ryans.

Seems like we should have been more aggressive signing more 34 DL's and LB's doncha think?

The $22M of cap space sure isn't playing any good defense for us now is it?

Inexcusable. And we have a guy leading the way that isn't a good coach.
Zero
Didn't Ryans shine in a 4-3 in Houston and slouch in their 3-4?
mcnabbulous
The good news is that Billy is a regular on this board, so he will likely take this advice to heart.
Elliott Wave
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 5 2013, 10:08 PM) *
The good news is that Billy is a regular on this board, so he will likely take this advice to heart.

HA HA laugh.gif

If they stop giving up the short stuff, then I will take credit. Billy, feel free to ask for advice any time
Eyrie
QUOTE (Elliott Wave @ Oct 6 2013, 09:49 AM) *
HA HA laugh.gif

If they stop giving up the short stuff, then I will take credit. Billy, feel free to ask for advice any time

Ah, but we'll blame you if it results in us giving up big plays all game long biggrin.gif
Elliott Wave
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Oct 6 2013, 08:01 AM) *
Ah, but we'll blame you if it results in us giving up big plays all game long biggrin.gif

I have 2 replies already set. "gotta do a better job" and "I gotta put them in better position"

btw, his name should be "Billy Avis" cause he has no "D" rolleyes.gif
JeeQ
Billy Davis is still putting no pressure on the QB intentionally. I think this may be the most idiotic defensive strategy in the NFL. Don't put any pressure on Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, or Eli Manning. What's the worst that could happen if we gave them all day to throw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.