Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's See If Our Dogs Have Any Bite
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Almost everyone of them should be looking to settle the score on what was perhaps the biggest lay down an Eagles team had in a decade.

If I am Chip, I show this game film to every member of this team, whether or not they were here last year.

Absolutely disgusting.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...01212300nyg.htm

We'll see if they can muster the anger to settle the score.

I have my doubts. There is no Dawkins, Trotter or Joyner scowl on this team. No coaches are pissed. Everyone's OK.

We'll see.
koolaidluke
This game will answer some questions about this team for sure. Have the problems in the last 3 weeks been do to the scheme transitions and quality of opposition or are the Eagles just not very good?

I will say this: while I'm pretty confident that the Eagles will win this game, I believe Kelly will lose the fan base if the Eagles lose. I also think that problems will come up in the locker room.

Kelly really has been a victim of that success he had opening week. It totally changed the expectations for the team.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 2 2013, 09:24 PM) *
Kelly really has been a victim of that success he had opening week. It totally changed the expectations for the team.

Definitely. This is a bad team that would require a miracle to make a run.

I used to think that miracle was Vick playing out of this world. Turns out it's just a really bad NFC East.
make_it_rain
I'll save you some time: they don't have any bite.

Actually, I guess they do have some bite, they just don't have the talent or the size for it to hurt very much. It's like getting nipped by a corgi puppy when you're dealing with this defense. You just go "awww" and brush it aside.

It's been said over and over, and I have a feeling we'll continue to say it for the next 12 weeks. This team just isn't very good, more drastically so on the defensive side of the ball.

Bocadelphia Eagles John
Rethink the title ... Vick is our QB after all ... might get him over-excited !
D Rock
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Oct 3 2013, 06:38 PM) *
Rethink the title ... Vick is our QB after all ... might get him over-excited !

laugh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Oct 2 2013, 10:24 PM) *

Yeah, casually listening to WIP the week following that win the general public thought we were an 11+ win team. A couple morons even predicted we would go undefeated. A lot of callers are already turning on him, and I don't really have a good feeling about this matchup either.
Chip Kelly
Perhaps a dumb thought, but I think the week 1 win could be the worst thing that could happen to Chip. As already stated, it blew expectations pretty much through the roof. Hell, I went from "3 win year." to, "OMG, playoffs."

I will say, however, that I won't lose faith in Chip if he loses on Sunday, and neither should any Eagles fan. This team just isn't very good. He has a lot of work to do.
Bez
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Oct 4 2013, 02:58 AM) *
Perhaps a dumb thought, but I think the week 1 win could be the worst thing that could happen to Chip. As already stated, it blew expectations pretty much through the roof. Hell, I went from "3 win year." to, "OMG, playoffs."

I will say, however, that I won't lose faith in Chip if he loses on Sunday, and neither should any Eagles fan. This team just isn't very good. He has a lot of work to do.
I resonate with this view , and see it pretty much happening within my local UCB team with Sonny Dykes first year as HC. Chip Kelly is on a learning curve with a team that needs alot of work. In respects this season is a diagnostic mode for the teams needs to be addressed.
D Rock
QUOTE (Bez @ Oct 4 2013, 03:44 PM) *
I resonate with this view ,

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.