Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should the Eagles pursue Josh Freeman?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Either in a trade or if he's a FA? Is he the type of QB who could succeed in this system?
HobbEs
If we could get him for a 6th or 7th rounder I'd take a look at him. You have to wonder how he'd handle coming here knowing he's a backup.
koolaidluke
I think Freeman is very talented but there seems to be a lot of baggage that makes him not worth it.

I think he'd do well in this offense though.
make_it_rain
Anyone know when the trade deadline is?

It's a weird situation they have. Right now it doesnt look like anyone would trade for him, but a team thats within contention could lose their starter and see value in trading for a guy who seems talented but could benefit from a fresh start somewhere. He could also probably be had on the cheap, because the market for Freeman is clearly a buyers market.

If they release him they end this huge distraction in the locker room but are on the hook for his salary. If the trade deadline passes and they hold on to him, they have to deal with this toxic relationship for the rest of the season, but could probably get a compensatory pick if he leaves at the end of the season.

I guess dealing with the "distraction" of this Freeman thing isn't that big of a deal since their season is basically over at this point anyway, but it's a double edged sword.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 2 2013, 08:16 AM) *
Either in a trade or if he's a FA? Is he the type of QB who could succeed in this system?

More than Foles no doubt - I'd rather see 25 year old Freeman here than 33 year old Vick. But Kelly is probably already eyeing his QB in college.
TGryn
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Oct 2 2013, 05:14 AM) *
You have to wonder how he'd handle coming here knowing he's a backup.
Its something they'd need to sound him out about before making the trade. However, a lot of the young QBs today as kids grew up with Vick being on the cover of Madden and other stuff, so he may not have as much of an issue sitting behind Vick as he would getting demoted for a rookie. The issue might be if/when Vick gets hurt and they'd have to decide between Foles, Barkley, and Freeman.
Bez
Niners released B.J Daniels . He looked good in Preseason.
mcnabbulous
No
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 2 2013, 08:16 AM) *

I don't think he (or Marc Sanchez) are as bad as they have looked. He was actually an improving QB last season. The Schiano situation is just TOXIC. I think the "baggage" goes away once he's off that team. Schiano and Freeman is just Shanny and McNabb, Part II.

QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 2 2013, 09:40 AM) *
More than Foles no doubt - I'd rather see 25 year old Freeman here than 33 year old Vick. But Kelly is probably already eyeing his QB in college.

I agree.

Freeman doesn't at least appear to have the "ball distance delivery" issues that the other QBs currently on the roster not named Vick have. And he is a young QB. I like Barkley a little more than I do Foles in the long term but Barkley has "USC QB Curse" written all over him (yes, I just mentioned Sanchez above). Barkley is actually a better fit for what Andy is doing at the Chiefs (based on Alex Smith's play) than what Chip is doing with the Eagles.
nephillymike
I have no interest.

I never thought he was a good QB and I wouldn't do it.
Dreagon
I think the last thing you guys need is another veteran QB to deal with when you draft your franchise QB next season.
JeeQ
I think the bench is full enough already as far as QBs go
D Rock
Hell No.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.