Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, this one obviously wasn't on Vick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
But, just as obviously, this team is going nowhere this year. Might as well play the rookie.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 29 2013, 07:01 PM) *
But, just as obviously, this team is going nowhere this year. Might as well play the rookie.

Still very capable of winning our pathetic division. If we were in any other division, I'd probably agree with you.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Still very capable of winning our pathetic division. If we were in any other division, I'd probably agree with you.

Even if it were true that we still have a realistic shot at the division (it isn't), I'm not sure you still dont get the rookie some starts in this waste of a season. If we have a shot at. 500, then we probably have a shot at. 500 with the rookie, too. It's not like Vick is playing lights out. Might not be all his fault, but he's not going to put the team on his back and carry us to the playoffs.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 29 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Even if it were true that we still have a realistic shot at the division (it isn't), I'm not sure you still dont get the rookie some starts in this waste of a season. If we have a shot at. 500, then we probably have a shot at. 500 with the rookie, too. It's not like Vick is playing lights out. Might not be all his fault, but he's not going to put the team on his back and carry us to the playoffs.

How can you say we have no realistic shot when every team in our division looks as bad or worse than us? Seriously, the Cowboys should start their backup using your logic.
mcnabbulous
The NFC East is collectively 4-12. They are the 2012 Eagles.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2013, 06:26 PM) *
The NFC East is collectively 4-12. They are the 2012 Eagles.

Unless something changes, winning this division is going to be like being the turd that floats to the top of the toilet bowl.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2013, 07:19 PM) *
How can you say we have no realistic shot when every team in our division looks as bad or worse than us? Seriously, the Cowboys should start their backup using your logic.

Anyone that can watch the last 3 games and then still hold out hope the we might win the division because the 3 other team are also playing like crap is an eternal optimist, and will never understand realism.

Look, I'm all for looking for the bright side, but this team has as good of a chance at going 1-15 as they do at winning the division.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 29 2013, 07:01 PM) *

if the rookie takes the Eagles to 1-15, I am all for that
bwc2112
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 29 2013, 07:43 PM) *
Unless something changes, winning this division is going to be like being the turd that floats to the top of the toilet bowl.

You cease to amaze, the analogy is correct. The last one down the hole wins.
What I dislike is when The NFC East was a feared division. We need that back. No matter who you route for!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 29 2013, 07:45 PM) *
Look, I'm all for looking for the bright side, but this team has as good of a chance at going 1-15 as they do at winning the division.

No they don't, because they play the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys a total of 5 more times.
TGryn
The talent difference wasn't what bothered me today - playing Manning was like playing against a computer team in Madden with a "QB cannot be sacked" cheat code enabled. Can't pressure him, don't have the DBs to cover, and neither the DL or LBs are good enough to say 'Yeah, you know what's coming, we're good enough to beat you anyway.' So, OK.

What bothered me was that it looked a lot like the defense just gave up in the 2nd half. Say what you like about Reid, but his teams prior to last year didn't give up on him (hence his good December record). Kelly had all the advantages in college, including all the recruiting violations Oregon did to stack his roster, so he's never had to guide a team through adversity. If he can't keep a team focused and working hard when they're down and losing, he won't win in this league, regardless of any scheming genius he might have. Jury's still out, but early returns are very worrisome on that score. sad.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 29 2013, 08:31 PM) *
Say what you like about Reid

Everything...swoon wub.gif
koolaidluke
The team gave up because they were whupped. Any team would quit after that epic a beat down.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 29 2013, 07:43 PM) *

laugh.gif How sad, but true. The mighty NFC(L)East
Zero
The win in game one is still worrisome and that's the only division opponent we've played. The Giants and Cowboys may look bad, but will the Eagles' D make them look good?

I haven't given up because I figured this year to be a learning curve for the college coach and the players in new schemes. The O was hurt by losing a couple of WRs in the preseason but my worry is Kelly doesn't seem to be being very creative in adjusting and that's what I thought his strength was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.