Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ha Ha Ha
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
At least it looked good for a while.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 29 2013, 06:40 PM) *
At least it looked good for a while.

It did?
Chip Kelly
Holy fuck, just cancel the rest of the game.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2013, 05:41 PM) *
It did?

Yeah, y'all were hanging in there during the first half of the game. I didn't get to see what happened during the second half, but it couldn't have been good.

But the bright side for y'all is that the way we're playing today, you guys probably won't lose any ground. And then we got Denver next week.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2013, 06:41 PM) *
It did?

not a long while....but we had a chance to tie it up in the 2nd (14-13). Then our defense showed their true colors and the master carved us up with 38 straight points (and counting)
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 29 2013, 07:14 PM) *
not a long while....but we had a chance to tie it up in the 2nd (14-13). Then our defense showed their true colors and the master carved us up with 38 straight points (and counting)

Only because Welker fell on that one route. We never actually forced a stop with our defense. It was ineptitude at its finest.
Bill Davis doesn't have a lot of talent to work with, but his schemes have been awful.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2013, 07:21 PM) *
Only because Welker fell on that one route. We never actually forced a stop with our defense. It was ineptitude at its finest.
Bill Davis doesn't have a lot of talent to work with, but his schemes have been awful.

After 4 weeks of this, Chips offense doesn't have the same pep as it did mhen the season started. After our "Big 3" our "offensive weapons" look like kids toys.
bwc2112
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 29 2013, 06:57 PM) *
Yeah, y'all were hanging in there during the first half of the game. I didn't get to see what happened during the second half, but it couldn't have been good.

But the bright side for y'all is that the way we're playing today, you guys probably won't lose any ground. And then we got Denver next week.

We are trying to soften them up for your Cowboys. Then you still blow it. blah.gif
D Rock
Not going for it on 4th n short in the red zone and not trying the 2 point play down by 2 after our first td struck me as questionable, all things considered.

So too, I'm wondering why so much of the same personnel and formations. Where's all the crazy exotic stuff from our so called genius? Where's the 3 TE set?

And wtf happened to our special teams units? They were awesome weeks 1 & 2. Today, they gave up 17 points after stinking last week.
D Rock
And for the record. . . I wanna be first in line to punch Peyton Manning in the fucking throat.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 30 2013, 01:49 AM) *
Not going for it on 4th n short in the red zone and not trying the 2 point play down by 2 after our first td struck me as questionable, all things considered.

So too, I'm wondering why so much of the same personnel and formations. Where's all the crazy exotic stuff from our so called genius? Where's the 3 TE set?

And wtf happened to our special teams units? They were awesome weeks 1 & 2. Today, they gave up 17 points after stinking last week.

This! All of this!!

The fourth and short pissed me off because of the message to the team. I still like Kelly, but show some fucking balls and confidence in your players! Instead, he tells the team they should turn the other cheek and keep taking the hits. Seems to me Kelly is changing, at least from his perceived rep.

Yeah! WTF happened to Special Teams???
nephillymike
I think the 4th and "short" was 4th and 6.

I would imagine the success rate on 4th and 6 is pretty low.
Dreagon
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Sep 29 2013, 07:29 PM) *
We are trying to soften them up for your Cowboys. Then you still blow it. blah.gif

And this comes as a surprise to who? biggrin.gif

The sad part is that knowing the way our team works, we will give Denver a much better game than the way we rolled over for San Diego.
Bez
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 30 2013, 07:22 PM) *
And this comes as a surprise to who? biggrin.gif

The sad part is that knowing the way our team works, we will give Denver a much better game than the way we rolled over for San Diego.
You know , the way this season is going isnt what I thought it would be at all. Watching Big Ben holding his hand yesterday ...... So many teams are experiencing hard times it seems to mirror a bigger picture. That being said , I am now really concerned about the Broncos and not because I am rooting for another AFC team . Nope that is the honest truth of the matter , I like the game and the fact I no so little about it and still learn from reading posts here . Soooooooo what I am really concerned about is how the commentators and media overall is going to hype up Peyton's last stand . I am totally concerned about how Refs and the NFL is going to manipulate the outcomes and how that plays into some sort of national sentiment. So please .... anybody who can beat the Broncos needs to step up ... That is all. Peace. Bez
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 30 2013, 09:43 PM) *
I think the 4th and "short" was 4th and 6.

I would imagine the success rate on 4th and 6 is pretty low.

There were two examples. One was a 4th and 4.

Success rate can't be much worse than Henery.
Zero
Even at fourth and six I think Kelly needed to show confidence in the offense and his patented aggression, especially because the defense was getting slaughtered.
JeeQ
I had to leave for a party at halftime, and I refused to believe the score once I had arrived there. Only the Eagles... they pull off the most miraculous losses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.