Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Is More Likely On Sunday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The Eagles Score 42 points or more

OR

The Broncos Score 24 points or less

I say we score 42 or more is more likely

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2013, 02:35 PM) *
The Eagles Score 42 points or more

OR

The Broncos Score 24 points or less

I say we score 42 or more is more likely

Yeah, the only way the Broncos are scoring 24 or less is if Manning gets injured in the first 5 minutes of the game.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Neither is more likely

Manning will audible his way to another incredible day of td's completed while our O won't get enough time on the field to rack up any significant number of points. We'll be lucky to score 20.

Broncos will make us look like chumps.

xsv
Agree with Boca. They both have a 0% chance of happening.
nephillymike
So Boca and Xsv, what do you think the final score will be??
koolaidluke
where is this idea that the Eagles O is some unstoppable machine coming from? The Chargers and Redskins both held the Eagles to fewer points than they did against the Texans and Packers respectively. The Eagles only scored 16 against the Chiefs and Vick had 2 ints and a fumble lost.

The Eagles have a good offense, but it isn't this GOAT that some people are making it out to be.

It is way, way more likely that the Broncos score 24 or less. The Eagles D is better than people think it is and the Broncos O isn't as good as it has seemed from dismantling 3 of the worst secondaries in the NFL. The Broncos also are totally unable to run the ball.

27-24 Denver.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 26 2013, 03:57 PM) *
where is this idea that the Eagles O is some unstoppable machine coming from? The Chargers and Redskins both held the Eagles to fewer points than they did against the Texans and Packers respectively. The Eagles only scored 16 against the Chiefs and Vick had 2 ints and a fumble lost.

The Eagles have a good offense, but it isn't this GOAT that some people are making it out to be.

It is way, way more likely that the Broncos score 24 or less. The Eagles D is better than people think it is and the Broncos O isn't as good as it has seemed from dismantling 3 of the worst secondaries in the NFL. The Broncos also are totally unable to run the ball.

27-24 Denver.

I basically agree with all of this, except the part about the Eagles D being better than people think. I believe our secondary is in that "worst in the NFL" grouping. Hopefully our pass rush shows up.

31 - 26 Denver
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 26 2013, 04:57 PM) *

The Broncos O is about to face a historically bad secondary, and they have a middle-of-the-road rushing offense, more than enough to drop a bunch of points on us. Welker will push 200 yards Sunday. Also, the Broncos have the best run defense in the league by far, balanced out by a really bad pass defense.

44-31 Broncos.

nephillymike
Mikey the Moosh is thinking about doing the one thing that will escalate exponentially the Birds chances of winning this game.

If I pick Denver as my suicide pick this week, that should tilt the football gods in our favor.

I'm leaning that way.

BTW, our secondary blows. Bottom three in the league.

Also, our offense is very very good and could very well get over 525 yards this game.

Shock the World!!
Dreagon
For some reason my instincts are screaming this is going to be a really ugly game with a score of something like 17 -13.

I know, my instincts are insane but there it is.
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2013, 04:34 PM) *
So Boca and Xsv, what do you think the final score will be??

I'll go with 38-17.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2013, 06:19 PM) *
If I pick Denver as my suicide pick this week, that should tilt the football gods in our favor.

Violation!

Fantasy football and gambling turn loyal fans into savage monsters, traitors to their own values. I have Peyton Manning, Demarius Thomas, and Knowshon Moreno starting this week. I hope we win - by a score of 72-68. devil03.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 27 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Violation!

Fantasy football and gambling turn loyal fans into savage monsters, traitors to their own values. I have Peyton Manning, Demarius Thomas, and Knowshon Moreno starting this week. I hope we win - by a score of 72-68. devil03.gif

I will gladly forfeit my (as of now 1 in 20) chance of winning my suicide pool for an Eagles victory. It will greatly improve our odds of a win.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 27 2013, 03:03 AM) *
For some reason my instincts are screaming this is going to be a really ugly game with a score of something like 17 -13.

I know, my instincts are insane but there it is.

I don't see it.

I would say we've now gotten to the point where this really can't be a trap game because a lot of people are taking the Eagles. On paper the Broncos should win but I have this gut feeling its going to be the Eagles.

I always go with what's on paper.

This is the battle of the most underrated team in football (Eagles) versus the most overrated team (Broncos).
koolaidluke
p.s.: your teams dismantling of the Rams looks much less impressive after last night. Let me take back the nice things I said about them.

I think it's another year of mediocrity for Big D.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 27 2013, 10:28 AM) *
p.s.: your teams dismantling of the Rams looks much less impressive after last night. Let me take back the nice things I said about them.

I don't want to say I told you so...

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 23 2013, 02:27 PM) *
The Rams suck. Bradford may be one of the more disappointing prospects I can remember. The nice thing for them is that they are sitting on the Skins first round pick this year. I have a feeling that may look pretty good in April.

Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 27 2013, 10:28 AM) *

lol! Trust me, I ain't even going to start to get my hopes up until I see them string a three game winning streak together. It's three games in and Austin is already starting to gimp up, Ware is starting to collect stingers, Spencer is probably out, etc, etc...

And remember, after San Diego this week, we get Denver after you guys.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 27 2013, 04:27 PM) *
Spencer is probably out

I thought this was far more than a probability.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 27 2013, 05:00 PM) *
I thought this was far more than a probability.

Yep. Somehow I missed the news on the microfracture surgury. So he's done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.