Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Way Payton's Playing
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
we're going to get embarassed on Sunday. Look for Peyton to set some kind of all time NFL record for td passes completed in some kind of time period ... like, 2 minutes, or something stupid .... our D going up against Manning, and our O going up against their D .... final score something like 93 to 3.

It's gonna be UG ...GLEE !

Oh brother ...

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 24 2013, 11:25 AM) *
we're going to get embarassed on Sunday. Look for Peyton to set some kind of all time NFL record for td passes completed in some kind of time period ... like, 2 minutes, or something stupid .... our D going up against Manning, and our O going up against their D .... final score something like 93 to 3.

Oh brother ...

Imagine Peyton and the Broncos receivers watching video of Nate Allen. It's gonna get ugly, and it's gonna get ugly fast.
nephillymike
Well, the only thing I will say is that Peyton was in fine form last night and they "only" won by 16 against a poor Raiders team. It wil be closer than that.

I'm saying 41 - 35 Denver.

As far as defending that offense, I don't blitz, with the exception of a zone blitz where the DE drop into coverage on occassion. That type of blitz you don't have to telegraph and we may be able to get that unnoticed and we have enough athletic OLB/DE's to maybe pull it off. Hit the WR's hard when coming on crossing routes and tackl well after the catch. That's all in the context of giving up 41 points!!

Take the over!!
mcnabbulous
We have 12 days to prepare. The Broncos have 6. Chip has no reason for not putting our team in position for an upset.
Bez
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 24 2013, 10:52 AM) *
Well, the only thing I will say is that Peyton was in fine form last night and they "only" won by 16 against a poor Raiders team. It wil be closer than that.

I'm saying 41 - 35 Denver.

As far as defending that offense, I don't blitz, with the exception of a zone blitz where the DE drop into coverage on occassion. That type of blitz you don't have to telegraph and we may be able to get that unnoticed and we have enough athletic OLB/DE's to maybe pull it off. Hit the WR's hard when coming on crossing routes and tackl well after the catch. That's all in the context of giving up 41 points!!

Take the over!!
I would'nt say the Raiders are that bad , part of that is an illusion due to the karma factor . I cant imagine what it must feel like for a rookie out there on the field . They know they are talented but got drafted by the Raiders well known as the bottom of the barrel.
Dreagon
You guys need a big game from your defensive line. They need to pressure Manning without the blitz.

The other way to slow down Manning is to keep him off the field. That's where Chip Kelly is going to face a big decision on whether to use the hurry-up a lot or not.
koolaidluke
The Bronco's first 3 opponents have been so bad that we really don't know much about them.

Rivers had to play out of his mind to put up 33 and the Eagles D seems like it is starting to get it together, they've improved every week, so I'm gonna say the Bronco's score 27. The Eagles I don't know about. 24 maybe?

27-24 Broncos but I'm not confident at all about that prediction. Real easy schedule for the rest of the season after this game so an Eagles win would be big.
JeeQ
Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs of all time, yet he's still incredibly overrated.

If you told me Tom Brady was coming into town maybe I'd be worried. Because unlike Peyton, Tom Brady isn't a perennial choker. The Broncos went farther into the playoffs with Tim Tebow than they did with Peyton Manning.

I still expect the Eagles to win on Sunday, and for Vick to outplay Peyton for the second time in a row.
Zero
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 24 2013, 11:25 AM) *

Oh brother ...

When'd you get so optimistic? No doubt he'll light us up but the Eagles might have some luminosity themselves. If the Eagles offense is on, I mean ON then this could be a nail biting shoot out.

How's that for pessimism?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 24 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs of all time, yet he's still incredibly overrated.

No.....he really isn't overrated at all. He may have a history of losing playoff games, but definitely there's no history of losing to mediocre teams in the regular season at home, especially when they have Pop Warner safeties.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 25 2013, 07:10 AM) *
No.....he really isn't overrated at all. He may have a history of losing playoff games, but definitely there's no history of losing to mediocre teams in the regular season at home, especially when they have Pop Warner safeties.

If you can't get it done in the playoffs then you are overrated in my opinion. He has eight one and done appearances in the playoffs. You can't be the best regular season QB, and worst playoff QB at the same time and be considered the greatest anything other than a choker. He's holding the record right now for most playoff losses ever for a QB.

Like I said earlier if you told me Tom Brady was coming to town I might be worried as Brady is currently holding the record for highest winning percentage in the regular season (Peyton's claim to fame), but also the record for most playoff wins (the only thing that matters). But Peyton? Who's already bitching about the Eagles defense getting a few extra days of rest (The Eagles Defense laugh.gif); he's going to take an L on Sunday
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 25 2013, 10:56 AM) *
Who's already bitching about the Eagles defense getting a few extra days of rest (The Eagles Defense laugh.gif); he's going to take an L on Sunday

I think that was more him pumping up his team and pretending to take this game seriously than any genuine bitching. I hope we win of course, but I wouldn't bet on it - I'll stick with my tease to +18.5 though. Welker will probably have 200 yards.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 25 2013, 08:12 AM) *
When'd you get so optimistic? No doubt he'll light us up but the Eagles might have some luminosity themselves. If the Eagles offense is on, I mean ON then this could be a nail biting shoot out.

How's that for pessimism?

I will be optimistic then, just for you old friend.

I'm CONVINCED we're gonna get KILLED !

Howzat ?
Zero
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 25 2013, 11:24 AM) *
I will be optimistic then, just for you old friend.

I'm CONVINCED we're gonna get KILLED !

Howzat ?

Now don't you feel a whole lot better? laugh.gif
Bez
He could always have an off day . biggrin.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2013, 04:06 PM) *
We have 12 days to prepare. The Broncos have 6. Chip has no reason for not putting our team in position for an upset.

Hopefully this game will give us greater insight into Chips ability to game plan for a specific team. Fingers crossed.
Bez
Well , I know many of you aren't looking forward to the Denver game against the Eagles. Woke this morning feeling really apathetic towards life . Tried to figure out what was wrong ... but I couldn't put my finger on it . So I took a walk around campus later in the day and there was a guy walking really slow and kinda depressed looking with a head set on . I walked past and then turned around .... yep it was one football players so I wished him good luck tomorrow .But that wasn't going to change what is likely to happen to him and the Bears tomorrow up in the Ducks house. There are no decent words for what the Ducks fans and the team plan on doing to the Bears tomorrow the plan is complete domination and humiliation. I really feel bad for these kids.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.