Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
So, was this a problem of preparation, butterflies or talent? Did Johnson drop that punt because he sucks, because he was too pumped or some other reason? Vick was the QB we've grown accustomed to but continue to hope will change. Special teams had enough stains on their shorts to fertilize the Middle East. I'm still puzzled what happened to the OL.
nephillymike
They said the OL got beat in one on ones, Vick held the ball too long and Johnson dropped a punt he shouldn't have been near at the five. On the first INT, Vick said he was going to and should have gone to his left with the pass but changed his mind last second.

Again, you are not going to win -5 in turnover differential.

They didn't figure us out, not with 431 yards in 20 minutes with no garbage time yards.
Zero
I get all that, but I'm wondering what the cause is. I thought the OL was going to be a strong point of the team. I realize this was only one game, but they either suffered more than the Chiefs for the short week, have been over praised or weren't prepared.

Why would Johnson try to catch that punt, especially with poor form? He did that a couple of times last year and I wrote it up as rookie mistake. Stooooopid!

I'm convinced this is what we'll get with Vick and that he won't be here next year. He's GREAT when the players around him are doing their jobs and he's staying within the system and occasionally great when things break down but most often he's making bad decisions when things aren't going right.

The main "what happened" has to do with the OL and ST.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 22 2013, 05:25 AM) *
I get all that, but I'm wondering what the cause is. I thought the OL was going to be a strong point of the team. I realize this was only one game, but they either suffered more than the Chiefs for the short week, have been over praised or weren't prepared.

Why would Johnson try to catch that punt, especially with poor form? He did that a couple of times last year and I wrote it up as rookie mistake. Stooooopid!

I'm convinced this is what we'll get with Vick and that he won't be here next year. He's GREAT when the players around him are doing their jobs and he's staying within the system and occasionally great when things break down but most often he's making bad decisions when things aren't going right.

The main "what happened" has to do with the OL and ST.

I think Todd H is having a horrible year and continues to be exposed. I'm about ready to bench him. Add to that mix a rookie Johnson who is just so so and that side of the line was an avalanche. Kelce was giving away over 50 lbs to Poe so I'm sure that wore on him. It seemed on one play where Peters got beat that he was expecting a three step drop instead of the five step Vick took, but in Vick's defense, the interior line collapsed so maybe it became a five step drop out of necessity. As bad as the line played on passing downs, they opened up gaping holes on running plays.

ST had three bad plays, the fumbled fc, the one return and the missed FG. Just an off day to a unit that played well so far.

As far as Vick goes. You saw the game. Vick or Smith? Take either one, who do you want?
Zero
I'll take Vick because he may bring that incredible performance ... may. That said, I think I'd rather have someone less spectacular but more consistent.

Maybe Herremans isn't as healthy as was believed? I hope Johnson is only experiencing rookie problems and grows into what they believe he can be.
Reality Fan
uh...11 days......3 games....a tired entire team.......and it showed.......bigtime....Vick was terrible....some of that was him playing poorly and some was a horrible offensive line.....the entire team sucked......and yet through the pain of the loss I found a small measure of peace thinking of those posting here with their blind hatred of a rotund coach groaning in the pain of their worst nightmare....

Mikey, you keep me sane here......we put up a 30+ spot on Denver.......the question is can we keep them under 50?

The Denver game should be very interesting
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 22 2013, 09:11 AM) *
Mikey, you keep me sane here

This could come back to haunt you!!

devil03.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 22 2013, 12:13 PM) *
This could come back to haunt you!!

devil03.gif

we dont always agree but at least you defend your points with sanity....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.