Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
Some things Chippy, you just can't do in the NFL, regardless of how smart you are. One of them is going for a 2-point conversion when you're down 10-6. Another is giving teams extra downs when they get a penalty on 3rd down (even though it ended up being moot).

Andy actually called most of the 4th quarter with a lead the way I wished he would call the 4th quarter with a lead for over a decade. How about that, running 8 minutes off the clock and sticking in the dagger, instead of a play action bomb? Kudos you fat fuck.

5 turnovers, and we still have a shot to tie late in the 4th quarter. We'll see how KC does against the Broncos to measure we're their at. Of course, first we have to travel to Denver to get annihilated in 10 days.

mcnabbulous
Andy always ran in the 4th quarter with a lead. You just don't remember that, because we so rarely had leads in the 4th quarter in recent years.

Smith's ability to convert 3rd downs is the big difference from what we've seen the past several years (including this one.)
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Smith's ability to convert 3rd downs is the big difference from what we've seen the past several years (including this one.)

We never had the luxury of facing a defense with our safeties. 3rd and 18?!?!?
Bez
Well , HOP at least you gave Andy his props but there is still the rest of the critique you made about the Chiefs that waits to be addressed. Far be it form me to salt the wounds of a Winghead . But you came out with some strong statements about the Chiefs and we will wait till Thanksgiving and then perhaps if they are still doing well you will take the opportunity to say something .. "Nice" laugh.gif laugh.gif Funny thought you saying anything that could be given that label but that is part of your charm. I like crabby old cats too. cool.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 20 2013, 04:53 PM) *
Some things Chippy, you just can't do in the NFL, regardless of how smart you are. One of them is going for a 2-point conversion when you're down 10-6. Another is giving teams extra downs when they get a penalty on 3rd down (even though it ended up being moot).

Andy actually called most of the 4th quarter with a lead the way I wished he would call the 4th quarter with a lead for over a decade. How about that, running 8 minutes off the clock and sticking in the dagger, instead of a play action bomb? Kudos you fat fuck.

5 turnovers, and we still have a shot to tie late in the 4th quarter. We'll see how KC does against the Broncos to measure we're their at. Of course, first we have to travel to Denver to get annihilated in 10 days.

They made a statement that Andy wanted to pass last week late in the game vs. Dal and childress told him no we need to run it here and take time off the clock!! I always thought Marty and Andy were two passoholics, bad company for each other.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 08:17 PM) *
They made a statement that Andy wanted to pass last week late in the game vs. Dal and childress told him no we need to run it here and take time off the clock!! I always thought Marty and Andy were two passoholics, bad company for each other.

Yeah I heard that, Childress is essentially Andy's 'sponsor.' Reid's trademark was blowing late leads, refusing to run the clock out when it's your ally. Still, give credit to him for listening to Childress. His worst playcalling years were when Marty was here.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 21 2013, 09:37 AM) *
Yeah I heard that, Childress is essentially Andy's 'sponsor.' Reid's trademark was blowing late leads, refusing to run the clock out when it's your ally. Still, give credit to him for listening to Childress. His worst playcalling years were when Marty was here.

I actually don't think blowing late leads and refusing to run in the 4th are anything but figments of your imagination. Maybe in 2011/12, when our defense was abysmal, but not the first 12 years of his tenure.
And his worst play calling years were when Marty was calling the plays.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2013, 11:40 AM) *
And his worst play calling years were when Marty was calling the plays.

Is there an echo in here? Marty's playcalling was an extension of Andy's playcalling. The fact that he was allowed to continue calling the plays proves this.

When someone is addicted to alcohol or drugs, they need to have someone around them at all times who keeps them in check, and encourages them to do other things. Childress was and is that guy. Marty was the guy saying 'hey let's go score some more crack.'
D Rock
The giving an extra down on a 3rd dwn penalty was about backing them out of fg position. Coaches do it all the time preferring 3rd and 20 at the 40 yard line to 4th and 10 from the 30.

The shame is that 3rd and 20 against our defense is a relative gimme.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.