Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stop It !!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I am hearing all day about how the NFL has figured out Chip Kelly's offense.

Buillshit.

They got 431 yards of offense and were within one TD deep into the 4th Qtr.

We lost because we lost the turnover battle.

We lost by a 5 turnover margin.

How many teams have won a game when losing the turnover war by 5???

Zero.

In a two year study, (I didn't have time to look at another data source), here's how the turnover differential and winning % compare:

+0 = 50%
+1 = 72%
+2 = 78%
+3 = 83%
+4 or more = 100%

So, we lost because of turnovers. Johnson's dropped fair catch at the five. Kelce's snap to the RG that hit the RG in the ass. Vick's two INT's and Vick's fumble at the end of the game(this one didn't matter since it was kneel down time).

That is why.

Vick's footwork is back to being messed up and his decisions were poor. Howevr, if you knew jhe was going to have 2 INT's in three games, would you be alarmed?

We had a long McCoy 2nd half TD called back b/c of a valid penalty.

Sure they played two deep to take away DJax. My guess is that when Rdiddy, Baldy and those guys look at the film, they will find plenty of open options that Vick didn't see.

Point being, KC, SD and WAS did not shut down our offense.

WE shut down our offense.
mcnabbulous
I'm looking forward to the all-22 breakdown. I actually suspect we will see that Vick didn't have much to work with.

They shaded towards DJax and Cooper simply couldn't get open.

Will be interesting.
Zero
There was too much pressure on Vick and Andy knows happens then. What puzzles me is why the O line played as poorly as they seemed to.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 20 2013, 04:06 PM) *
There was too much pressure on Vick and Andy knows happens then. What puzzles me is why the O line played as poorly as they seemed to.

The Chiefs are probably at their strongest rushing the passer. Our rookie looked like a rookie.
TGryn
After seeing how Chip's offense translates to our personnel, I'd be double-covering DJax in-and-out with deep help backing up the CB, moving the other safety up to help with McCoy, and basically challenging the Eagles to beat teams with their TEs and Vick's running, figuring they can't consistently score if you focus in on taking away #10 and #25.
Chip Kelly
I don't think anybody has figured it out. As mentioned before, Vick's decision making was poor. He had open guys that he simply wasn't seeing.
koolaidluke
The Chiefs stacked the box and McCoy still got like 8 yards a carry. That's about as good a run D as there is.

There is no magical scheme out there that can stop the zone read, which is the base of the Eagles ground attack. What you need to do is fill all the gaps and tackle well and even that only slows the ground game down, it doesn't stop it.

As for the air portion of the O, I would say teams have a better handle on how to defend it. The Redskins and the Chargers have absolutely terrible coverage units and the Chargers really sold out against the run to a very extreme extent.

If you make Vick hold the ball, he's going to make some mistakes. That's going to be the case no matter what offense he is in. However if you put Foles in than watch McCoy's ypc drop from 6+ to under 5.

Kelly thinks his scheme can work without a QB who is a threat to run, but I doubt it.
nephillymike
And another thing.

Vick could have run five more times easy in the read option and gotten >8 ypc. It was open a lot.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 07:00 PM) *
And another thing.

Vick could have run five more times easy in the read option and gotten >8 ypc. It was open a lot.

Further proof that he doesn't really have the option, despite it looking like it. Most of the time those are just designed runs to Shady. It's obvious at this point.
JeeQ
The Philadelphia Eagles worst enemy is the Philadelphia Eagles. The way we continually shoot ourselves in the foot I can't imagine why we didn't sign Plaxico Burress.
bwc2112
I just saw and all over the internet... we broke another record. Kelce forgets the count and everyone but the center gets a false start penalty. That has never been done before. mad.gif
iggleslover49
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 20 2013, 09:00 PM) *
The Philadelphia Eagles worst enemy is the Philadelphia Eagles. The way we continually shoot ourselves in the foot I can't imagine why we didn't sign Plaxico Burress.

laugh.gif Good one!
Eyrie
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Sep 21 2013, 02:11 AM) *
I just saw and all over the internet... we broke another record. Kelce forgets the count and everyone but the center gets a false start penalty. That has never been done before. mad.gif

Have to admit I laughed when the referee announced "False start, everyone on offense except the centre". I think that summed up how poorly we played across the board.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 21 2013, 04:41 AM) *
Have to admit I laughed when the referee announced "False start, everyone on offense except the centre". I think that summed up how poorly we played across the board.

Haha. And Kelce's face after that was priceless.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Further proof that he doesn't really have the option, despite it looking like it. Most of the time those are just designed runs to Shady. It's obvious at this point.

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 22 2013, 09:48 AM) *
laugh.gif

You do realize Vick kept it once on the read "option" last game, right? Option my ass.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2013, 07:08 PM) *
You do realize Vick kept it once on the read "option" last game, right? Option my ass.

laugh.gif
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 03:10 PM) *
I am hearing all day about how the NFL has figured out Chip Kelly's offense.

Buillshit.

They got 431 yards of offense and were within one TD deep into the 4th Qtr.

We lost because we lost the turnover battle.

We lost by a 5 turnover margin.

How many teams have won a game when losing the turnover war by 5???

Zero.

In a two year study, (I didn't have time to look at another data source), here's how the turnover differential and winning % compare:

+0 = 50%
+1 = 72%
+2 = 78%
+3 = 83%
+4 or more = 100%

So, we lost because of turnovers. Johnson's dropped fair catch at the five. Kelce's snap to the RG that hit the RG in the ass. Vick's two INT's and Vick's fumble at the end of the game(this one didn't matter since it was kneel down time).

That is why.

Vick's footwork is back to being messed up and his decisions were poor. Howevr, if you knew jhe was going to have 2 INT's in three games, would you be alarmed?

We had a long McCoy 2nd half TD called back b/c of a valid penalty.

Sure they played two deep to take away DJax. My guess is that when Rdiddy, Baldy and those guys look at the film, they will find plenty of open options that Vick didn't see.

Point being, KC, SD and WAS did not shut down our offense.

WE shut down our offense.

Bingo.

The Eagles just got their asses kicked. No one was executing where it mattered. This is football. It happens.

People are losing their minds over a week 3 game for a team who is only in "playoff" discussions because the division freakin' SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

mcnabbulous
I'm sure Chip is just guessing here, right DRock?

Option my ass

And finally, there are straight runs where Vick is not reading anyone.

“There are a lot of times where Mike is handing off the ball and carrying out a fake and people think it is a zone-read play,” Kelly said. “It’s just one play that’s called. He was supposed to give the ball 100 percent of the time and gave the ball 100 percent of the time.

laugh.gif
nephillymike
Good stuff.

Yeah, at those yards per attempt, they haven't figured us out.

I wonder what our yards and points scored on offense are on a per minute basis to the NFL other offensive power houses. My guess is real close to the top if not the best.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 25 2013, 01:01 PM) *
I wonder what our yards and points scored on offense are on a per minute basis to the NFL other offensive power houses. My guess is real close to the top if not the best.

Define 'best' - we're probably the 'quickest' or close to it, but that means our defense is on the field for 40 minutes. That would seem to be among the 'worst' in the NFL.
mcnabbulous
Chip doesn't care about TOP. It's all about # of plays run.

If we have more than the other team, he's happy. I don't think that has been the case in the past 2 games.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 25 2013, 12:20 PM) *
Define 'best' - we're probably the 'quickest' or close to it, but that means our defense is on the field for 40 minutes. That would seem to be among the 'worst' in the NFL.

Much of that time on the field is because the D can't stop anyone to get off the field. That's on them.

I don't remember a lot of three and outs, do you? a quick offensive drive with two or three first downs is better than a slow three and out offensive drive, for the defense's outlook.

I'm sure there are stats somewhere to back this up but I don't have the time.

As a D, would you rather have an offense that scores 30 pts a game and you have more time on the field or a offense that scores 20 a game with less time on the field.

Like I said, this is mostly on the D.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 25 2013, 01:29 PM) *
I'm sure there are stats somewhere to back this up but I don't have the time.

It's ok, I'll give you some.

26 points allowed, 5 turnovers, a missed field goal, we scored 16.

How you can blame this on the D is beyond me. By our standards, they played like the 85 Bears. 431 yards of offense doesn't mean shit if you put up 16 points and keep giving the ball back to the other team.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 25 2013, 06:52 PM) *

How you can blame this on the D is beyond me. By our standards, they played like the 85 Bears. 431 yards of offense doesn't mean shit if you put up 16 points and keep giving the ball back to the other team.

Yup.

With our offense's potential, we should be able to win any game in which the D can manage to hold the bad guys to 31.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 25 2013, 01:52 PM) *

That's a no brainer, thought that was understood.

Whenever the offense gives away the ball five times it IS the offense's fault. That goes without saying.

I was talking about the first two games and the prospect of us scoring a lot of points quickly in sunday's game. In the first two games, the burden the defense had itput on itself.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 25 2013, 05:17 PM) *
I was talking about the first two games and the prospect of us scoring a lot of points quickly in sunday's game. In the first two games, the burden the defense had itput on itself.

I would agree with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.