Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was there a worse performer tonight than Mike Vick?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Kelce game him a run for his money, but Vick takes the cake.

Hands down.
iggleslover49
Todd Herremans hands down was the worst player of the game. Time to draft a guard next season.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 19 2013, 11:47 PM) *
Kelce game him a run for his money, but Vick takes the cake.

Hands down.

Kelce, Herremans, Henery, Eagles safeties, and then VICK. Even Peters was struggling tonight. Some horrible snaps (one led to a turnover). Costly penalties that killed drives.

Henery missing a FG, and committing dumb penalties.

Vick had one ball thrown to a receiver and TIPPED by that receiver into an INT. I believe that was the case with the other as well.

As easy as it is to blame it on Vick, the Chiefs defense really didn't give him much of anywhere to go tonight. Aside from Avant, the receivers were completely shut out. That's not on Vick. He could have thrown the ball away (and I wish he had), but the Eagles wouldn't have scored any more points than they did, even without the turnovers. Maybe if they could dominate the time of possession. Which I still don't believe they can.

Honestly, Chip deserves some blame as well. Again, he overlooks an obvious run attempt in the red zone (3rd and 3 when McCoy usually gets 6), and that cute 2-point conversion attempt was totally unnecessary.

Team really isn't what it should be. I'd probably put the safeties at the top. There is no bloody way Alex Smith should be converting 3rd and 19s and 2nd and 20s. Earl Thomas being passed on is really killing the Eagles now.
D Rock
Kendricks is a close 2nd, followed by big Todd.

But NO DOUBT, the worst performance of the night goes to MV7.

Deep down, most of us knew the real mike would show up by week 6.

He's merely ahead of schedule.
D Rock
And for the Mikey apologists, go back to the first int.

No pressure. He had DJax already 2 steps behind the corner w no safety help (broadcast showed end zone angle in replay). Mike chose to throw into the only guy on the field being double covered. The d had under/over bracket coverage on TE.

I was just a dog shit read and absolutely, 100% on the QB.

And is too often the case w Mike. It snowballed from there. He started missing guys, holding the ball, and making wrong reads. It all started with the 2nd pass attempt of game 3.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 12:11 AM) *
And is too often the case w Mike. It snowballed from there. He started missing guys, holding the ball, and making wrong reads. It all started with the 2nd pass attempt of game 3.

I think it snowballed from the Damaris Johnson punt that resulted in an immediate turnover. All the blame simply can't go on Vick for this loss.
D Rock
I don't give him all the blame. Just most of it.

Pick6 on 2nd offensive snap was 100% pure Mike. Didja see it? Was right call. Got DJax 1 on 1 and he easily won the battle. Protection was solid. Vick? Forced a throw to the only eligible receiver that's got double, oner-under bracket coverage and it goes for 7 the other way.

Demaris can suck it. Kendricks can suck it. Herremins can suck it. Henery can suck it. But Vick had 2 fumbles, botched 2 snaps, held the ball at times for a year, missed open guys, made wrong reads, AND threw a simply AWEFUL Pick6.

He's like a bad dream that keeps recurring.
D Rock
I don't give him all the blame. Just most of it.

Pick6 on 2nd offensive snap was 100% pure Mike. Didja see it? Was right call. Got DJax 1 on 1 and he easily won the battle. Protection was solid. Vick? Forced a throw to the only eligible receiver that's got double, over-under bracket coverage and it goes for 7 the other way.

Demaris can suck it. Kendricks can suck it. Herremins can suck it. Henery can suck it. But Vick had 2 fumbles, botched 2 snaps, held the ball at times for a year, missed open guys, made wrong reads, AND threw a simply AWEFUL Pick6.

He's like a bad dream that keeps recurring.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:01 AM) *

Those snaps were on Kelce, not Vick. The first didn't even reach Vick. The second one went over his head. The QB should never have to jump and make a spectacular catch when the ball is being snapped.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 06:08 AM) *
Those snaps were on Kelce, not Vick. The first didn't even reach Vick. The second one went over his head. The QB should never have to jump and make a spectacular catch when the ball is being snapped.

The first he clearly thought qb was under center. Neither you nor I know which guy was wrong there. 2nd was no where near over his head. It was head high, to right shoulder. Less than perfect of course, but to miss that is 100% on QB.
D Rock
I just saw the 2nd int. from end zone angle. Cooper was open with nuthin but green green grass in front of him. The pass was WAY behind him. Lay that thing out in from of him and it goes for 30, no question.

This loss is Vick's.
Rick
Will the real Mike Vick please show up? Please show up? Oh yeah, he did last night.

He was horrible last night. Looks like his usual self. Not reading defenses when they did run the option, he handed the ball off every time. Every so often he has to keep it to keep the defense honest.

The KC defense wasn't playing his run at all the whole game. It was there all night and he stopped running in the 2nd half when they needed it. Kept trying to force the ball into double and triple coverage. Kept under-throwing receivers (all night long). Missing other open receivers as well. This is his MO, play a few great games then go back to his old self.

Not that the Chiefs were letting us run wild or anything but there were people open all night long. He just couldn't hit them (as usual).

Of course, for stretches Chipper stopped running the ball even though Shady was piling up yards at 6 yards a carry. All night I kept saying he was going to break one because they were just barely grabbing him as he ran through the line.

ore importantly, the Eagles AS A TEAM, laid an egg in an important/emotional game yet again. It's really gotten old seeing that happen. The defense seemed to play some inspired ball for a while but the rest of the team just plain didn't show up. Horrible coverage on the kickoff, muffed punt, bad snaps, interceptions, the list goes on.

As much as I've been down on the defense, they played well enough to win the game if the rest of the team steps up. No, they couldn't seem to get off the field in the 2nd half (especially) but, by then they were tired. I was watching a bunch of guys who were worn out from their offense going 3 and out all night (or not much better) and them having to defend a shot field over and over.

Unfortunately, I'm seeing the old Vick showing up which is what bothers me the most because, obviously, it doesn't seem like something which can be coached out of him after so many years of this BS.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:53 AM) *
The first he clearly thought qb was under center. Neither you nor I know which guy was wrong there. 2nd was no where near over his head. It was head high, to right shoulder. Less than perfect of course, but to miss that is 100% on QB.

When do we EVER get under center COME ON MAN?Really? Show me one snap we got under center. This is a spread offense. We run and pass outta Shotgun. You say that cause you listening to Mayock. Herremans CLEARLY hits the ball as he was pulling to block.

2nd he even if he didn't have to jump for it, which he did, it's still too high for someone expecting it to be in they same spot every snap.

Haters gone hate. I guess.
CT_Eagle
I just want to throw that Lane Johnson had a horrendous night as well.
xsv
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 07:13 AM) *
When do we EVER get under center COME ON MAN?Really? Show me one snap we got under center. This is a spread offense. We run and pass outta Shotgun. You say that cause you listening to Mayock. Herremans CLEARLY hits the ball as he was pulling to block.

2nd he even if he didn't have to jump for it, which he did, it's still too high for someone expecting it to be in they same spot every snap.

Hates are going to hate, that's for sure. But Vick had a shitty game, plain and simple. If it was just one bad game I could live with it. But he's had more games like this than he's had games like last week in his time here in Philly. He has his moment, but in general, he's a terrible QB.

Fluffers gunna fluff, I guess.

D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 12:13 PM) *
When do we EVER get under center COME ON MAN?Really? Show me one snap we got under center.

One snap? Ok. The first DJax TD of the season. I could give you over a dozen examples if you like, including 4 or 5 from last night. Do you even watch these games?
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 12:13 PM) *

and fluffers gone fluff.
nephillymike
Nephillymike's Shitty Seven:

1. Vick
2. Herremans
3. L. Johnson
4. Kelce
5. D. Johnson.
6. A Henery
7. R. Cooper

Unlike Vick, the guy most at fault last night, the others on this list don't have two great games to balance the shitty performance last night.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 03:37 PM) *

1. Vick
2. Herremans
3. L. Johnson
4. Kelce
5. D. Johnson.
6. A Henery
7. R. Cooper

Unlike Vick, the guy most at fault last night, the others on this list don't have two great games to balance the shitty performance last night.

If you look at 2-4, it really helps explain #1. Peters also had his worst game in some time.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 03:38 PM) *
If you look at 2-4, it really helps explain #1. Peters also had his worst game in some time.

Nah. Sure 2-4 helped in a big way, but Vick deserves the #1 spot all by himself.

He sucked last night.
mcnabbulous
Any list without Kendricks is insufficient. Currently leads the league in missed tackles!

They all suck.
Bez
Vick is a lot more complex and cunning than people want to admit. I think he feeds on the negativity associated with his fall from grace and his on /off performances are linked to his love hate relationship with the fans. In effect when he screws up he wins as well as when he makes miracle plays.
xsv
Pretty good list. Almost exactly how I saw it.

I'd put Kendricks at 8.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 04:37 PM) *

1. Vick
2. Herremans
3. L. Johnson
4. Kelce
5. D. Johnson.
6. A Henery
7. R. Cooper

iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:17 PM) *
fluffers gone fluff.

Lol here goes Mr."I love numb nutzers" saying something only the sweetest fag would think of again. laugh.gif
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:17 PM) *
One snap? Ok. The first DJax TD of the season. I could give you over a dozen examples if you like, including 4 or 5 from last night. Do you even watch these games?

I could too. And even more from the preseason. But I can't recall one time in the past two weeks. Vick has lined up under center. We've ran so many plays outta shotgun that I'm sure Kelce wouldn't just forget that one time that Vick wasn't under center. Usually a center knows when a QB is under center, they can FEEL it. Surely you know about that. biggrin.gif
JeeQ
I couldn't believe it when Michael Vick muffed that punt at the start of the game!
Then Michael Vick went out there and snapped the ball into his own ass!
Not only that Michael Vick couldn't stop the blitz all night, they kept getting through to him
I expect better blocking from Michael Vick if he doesn't want to keep taking hits
Don't even get me started about how bad Michael Vick was on defense though
Michael Vick let Alex Smith convert a 3rd and 19 and a 3rd and 20!
But you can't expect Michael Vick to stop anyone while he's blowing coverages and missing tackles
But that's only when Michael Vick wasn't missing FGs
Or when Michael Vick was going for needless 2pt conversions
Or when Michael Vick was calling three game-ending timeouts in a row
Or when Michael Vick was continuing to not win a single coach's challenge
But that all boils down to Michael Vick's poor clock management skills and play-calling
Which is why Michael Vick is never open for a pass nor causes separation between him and the DBs
Which leads to Michael Vick causing a bunch of stupid penalties like face masking and pass interference

Between Michael Vick's poor play on offense, defense, and special teams it's clear to me that if we cut him now we're on our way to a Super Bowl!
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 21 2013, 01:42 AM) *
Between Michael Vick's poor play on offense, defense, and special teams it's clear to me that if we cut him now we're on our way to a Super Bowl!

I can live with Vick's poor play at OL and WR, on defence and on STs providing he is playing well at QB and RB. When he puts in a performance at QB like Thursday's then it's irrelevant how well he's done everything else on the field.
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 20 2013, 08:42 PM) *
I couldn't believe it when Michael Vick muffed that punt at the start of the game!
Then Michael Vick went out there and snapped the ball into his own ass!
Not only that Michael Vick couldn't stop the blitz all night, they kept getting through to him
I expect better blocking from Michael Vick if he doesn't want to keep taking hits
Don't even get me started about how bad Michael Vick was on defense though
Michael Vick let Alex Smith convert a 3rd and 19 and a 3rd and 20!
But you can't expect Michael Vick to stop anyone while he's blowing coverages and missing tackles
But that's only when Michael Vick wasn't missing FGs
Or when Michael Vick was going for needless 2pt conversions
Or when Michael Vick was calling three game-ending timeouts in a row
Or when Michael Vick was continuing to not win a single coach's challenge
But that all boils down to Michael Vick's poor clock management skills and play-calling
Which is why Michael Vick is never open for a pass nor causes separation between him and the DBs
Which leads to Michael Vick causing a bunch of stupid penalties like face masking and pass interference

Each, and every single poster here (and there are many) that has said that Vick had a poor game, has also said that he wasn't the only one.

Why does it bother you so much? You sound like TO after that game in Dallas. "It's not fair, man. That's my quarterback! sniffle.". LOL

JeeQ
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 21 2013, 06:12 AM) *
Each, and every single poster here (and there are many) that has said that Vick had a poor game, has also said that he wasn't the only one.

Why does it bother you so much? You sound like TO after that game in Dallas. "It's not fair, man. That's my quarterback! sniffle.". LOL

Come on now X... We all know you love Vick more than anyone on this board. Though D Rock gives you a run for your money.

After every game you can always expect a new topic on Michael Vick from you two. I know how much you can't wait to talk about him wub.gif

You closely watch his every play, then you analyze his every stat, making sure to take a tally of his every mistake, salivating at the thought of another costly turnover, weighing them against his successes. Anxious to find out if you'll get to make another hate post or one of those begrudging Vick played OK post; but of course it was 100% luck and a fluke.

You even took the time to include Vick's name under your avatar. You do know hate isn't the antithesis of love, indifference is. For a supposed Vick hater you talk more about Vick then I do and I'm a fan of his. But it's clear to everyone Vick is on your mind all the time at this point so it's time to stop running from the truth X. Embrace it wink.gif
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 21 2013, 12:43 PM) *
After every game you can always expect a new topic on Michael Vick from you two. I know how much you can't wait to talk about him wub.gif

See, those are the kind of comments that make you sound crazy. Show me a post of mine that criticizes Vick after the last two games. I didn't. I was happy with his performance in each of the last two games.

You can't say that you expect a new Vick topic from after every game if there wasn't one after that last two games.
JeeQ
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 21 2013, 02:48 PM) *
See, those are the kind of comments that make you sound crazy. Show me a post of mine that criticizes Vick after the last two games. I didn't. I was happy with his performance in each of the last two games.

You can't say that you expect a new Vick topic from after every game if there wasn't one after that last two games.

I openly admit to exaggerating, but everything in my post wasn't meant to be taken critically. But... since you did ask I just decided to see what you're last topics were:

There's our course this one for Week 3: "Was there a worse performer tonight than Mike Vick?"

Then there was this one in Week 2: "Hell, we'll be lucky to win 6 games. This team blows." Admittedly you didn't call out Vick directly but you're only comment was "At least we can finally get a qb with our top 3 draft pick." 26/36, 428 yards and 2 TDs and the only thing you can think of is a new QB...

Then in Week 1 there was: "He's fucking hurt already." Where your comment was "No way he makes it to week 6 as the starter. I doubt he makes week 3." After a win and a 15/25 , 200 yard, 2 TD, 50 on the ground day...

Can't wait for Week 4's topic! laugh.gif
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 22 2013, 08:39 PM) *
I openly admit to exaggerating, but everything in my post wasn't meant to be taken critically. But... since you did ask I just decided to see what you're last topics were:

There's our course this one for Week 3: "Was there a worse performer tonight than Mike Vick?"

Then there was this one in Week 2: "Hell, we'll be lucky to win 6 games. This team blows." Admittedly you didn't call out Vick directly but you're only comment was "At least we can finally get a qb with our top 3 draft pick." 26/36, 428 yards and 2 TDs and the only thing you can think of is a new QB...

Then in Week 1 there was: "He's fucking hurt already." Where your comment was "No way he makes it to week 6 as the starter. I doubt he makes week 3." After a win and a 15/25 , 200 yard, 2 TD, 50 on the ground day...

Can't wait for Week 4's topic! laugh.gif

Thanks for proving my point. :-)

Maybe we should form a circle, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya after each loss this year.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Thanks for proving my point. :-)

Maybe we should form a circle, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya after each loss this year.

Week 1 was a win. Closer in the end than it should have been. Most criticism, including mine, was focused on Chip for clock management gaffes.

Week 2 was a loss. Most criticism being focused on the Defense. Rightly so.

Week 3 was a loss. A loss with plenty of blame to go around. But hater or fluffer status aside . . . most reasonable folks seem to agree that the lion's share of blame goes to the QB.

There is no trend here. No case of haters hatin. It was 1 bad game. 1 for the coach. 1 for the D. And, 1 for the QB.

That's just the way it is. You can accuse us of seeing things through our previously stated opinion's filter. But it doesn't change the reality of what's happened on the field, or the very reasonable application of blame week after week so far.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.