Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atta Boy Mike.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
D Rock
What's his line?

3 ints and a pair of fumbles? Was only a matter of time til the real MV7 showed up.
And in case you doubt your eyes. He finished by gittin hurt.

That's our Mikey!
xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 19 2013, 11:41 PM) *
What's his line?

3 ints and a pair of fumbles? Was only a matter of time til the real MV7 showed up.
And in case you doubt your eyes. He finished by gittin hurt.

That's our Mikey!

The amazing thing is that he's had MORE games like this than he's had good games in his time in Philly.

And STILL people defend the guy.

Mike Vick BLOWS. Still.
iggleslover49
Problem is. He's the best on the roster. I'm not defending Vick by saying this. It just is what it is. I don't know that Foles would be better. Barkley is the guy I wanna see with the ones.
xsv
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 19 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Problem is. He's the best on the roster.

Not today he wasn't.

The other guys suck too, but Vick's toast. Might as well play one of the kids. The season is shot anyways.
mcnabbulous
Bullshit. It's convenient to blame the guy when we lose, but he has been fantastic this season in victory and defeat.

Losing this game was a team effort, but you take the good and bad with Vick. That SD game would have been a blowout without him.

How about people realize we just aren't a very good team. And it's been the case for about 5 years.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 12:00 AM) *
Bullshit. It's convenient to blame the guy when we lose, but he has been fantastic this season in victory and defeat.

Losing this game was a team effort, but you take the good and bad with Vick. That SD game would have been a blowout without him.

How about people realize we just aren't a very good team. And it's been the case for about 5 years.

I agree. People let their emotions cloud their judgment. Vick had 1 TD and 2 INTs against what has to be at least a top 10 defense. He made some huge plays, both with his legs and with his arm. He didn't have a good game but it wasn't that bad either.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 05:00 AM) *

Go to broadcast replay of first int.

No pressure. DJax 2 steps beyond the corner before he throws w no safety help over top. Vick missed desean being open. AND missed the fact that the LB didn't bite on run action.

It was a shit read and a pick six in his 2nd attempt of the day.

Hand blame around all ya like. But the 2nd offensive snap went for 7 points the other way and it was 100% on Vick.

(Note: broadcast shows replay from an end zone angle in slo mo)
mcnabbulous
He wasn't good, but our OL was a bigger problem than Vick.

D Rock
The o line didn't mis read that play and hand them 7 points. They actually protected well that play. They didn't play well overall, but Vick shit the bed and put us in a hole on the 2nd fucking offensive snap.

Who had 3 turnovers? Vick.

He has 4 if you count the muffed snap where I'm guessing he was supposed to be under center.

Watching "highlights" right now and it's clear. Vick got gun shy and was holding the ball for YEARS.

This offense isn't designed for the qb to hold the ball for 5-6-7 seconds.
iggleslover49
I dunno about this "real" Mike Vick biz. What do you expect when the protection breaks down? Under Chip Kelly this is his first bad game. If protection is good next week and he throws for 3 TDs, does that make him the fake Mike Vick? Before this game, when the oline actually blocked, do you know he's a top 3 QB? Das a fact. And led the league in throws 20 yards or more. Das a fact. While I agree he had a bad game, I don't think this is the "real" Mike Vick or the "real" oline that we saw tonight.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 05:32 AM) *
I dunno about this "real" Mike Vick biz. What do you expect when the protection breaks down? Under Chip Kelly this is his first bad game. If protection is good next week and he throws for 3 TDs, does that make him the fake Mike Vick? Before this game, when the oline actually blocked, do you know he's a top 3 QB? Das a fact. And led the league in throws 20 yards or more. Das a fact. While I agree he had a bad game, I don't think this is the "real" Mike Vick or the "real" oline that we saw tonight.

Protection is always gonna break down when the QB holds the ball for 4 seconds. It's simple really.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 19 2013, 11:24 PM) *
The o line didn't mis read that play and hand them 7 points. They actually protected well that play. They didn't play well overall, but Vick shit the bed and put us in a hole on the 2nd fucking offensive snap.

Who had 3 turnovers? Vick.

He has 4 if you count the muffed snap where I'm guessing he was supposed to be under center.

Watching "highlights" right now and it's clear. Vick got gun shy and was holding the ball for YEARS.

This offense isn't designed for the qb to hold the ball for 5-6-7 seconds.

Chip seemed to blame the OL after the game. Vick wasn't good, but we weren't winning that game with Foles out there either.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Protection is always gonna break down when the QB holds the ball for 4 seconds. It's simple really.

Well if the receivers are all covered what do you want him to do?
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 06:10 AM) *

Seriously? Throw the ball away! NOT into double coverage. That's football 101.

And you're speculating he had nobody open. When they showed the end zone angle in the pick 6 he had open guys. He missed open guys at least a half dozen times.

It's the same goddam chicken vs egg bullshit.

But in the end, he made bad plays when protection broke down. He made bad plays when protection didn't break down. What's the constant there? What's the constant since week 10 in season of 2010?!?!?

Figure it out man.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 06:08 AM) *
Chip seemed to blame the OL after the game. Vick wasn't good, but we weren't winning that game with Foles out there either.

"Seemed to?"

I'm sure his wisest move would be to admit his QB sucked?

unsure.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 06:08 AM) *

I just listened to chips post game and he said no such thing.

Chip said. . .

"It's about execution. We can move the ball upand down the field. We've proven that. But when you put the ball on the ground and throw interceptions, you're not going to win in this league."

Yup. He sho seemed to blame the OL.

laugh.gif
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:48 AM) *
Seriously? Throw the ball away! NOT into double coverage. That's football 101.

And you're speculating he had nobody open. When they showed the end zone angle in the pick 6 he had open guys. He missed open guys at least a half dozen times.

It's the same goddam chicken vs egg bullshit.

But in the end, he made bad plays when protection broke down. He made bad plays when protection didn't break down. What's the constant there? What's the constant since week 10 in season of 2010?!?!?

Figure it out man.

You keep bringing up that ONE play. Ok we get it. That was a bad play. He committed cardinal sin and stared the receiver down. But other than that their DBs had our number.
Rick
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 19 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Problem is. He's the best on the roster. I'm not defending Vick by saying this. It just is what it is. I don't know that Foles would be better. Barkley is the guy I wanna see with the ones.

This is the crap I'm sick of hearing. How is he the best on the roster? Just because he's athletic? I've said it before I'll say it again, I just have no idea why so many people/coaches/etc have this love affair with this guy. He's been this way HIS WHOLE CAREER!!!!
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 20 2013, 12:07 AM) *
I agree. People let their emotions cloud their judgment. Vick had 1 TD and 2 INTs against what has to be at least a top 10 defense. He made some huge plays, both with his legs and with his arm. He didn't have a good game but it wasn't that bad either.

It ain't emotions, it's stats. The guy does this time and time again. Has his whole career.

We do have a bad team...being run by a QB who plays spectacularly (at times) then sucks the joint up worse than many too many times.
Rick
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 12:32 AM) *

:::facepalm:::

#3 after 2 games and you're beating your chest!!?? Again, look at 10 years of history. This is his MO, play a few great games then a bunch of shitty games. I hope he doesn't keep doing what he's always done and bounces back but I have absolutely NO reason to believe he will.
Rick
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 01:10 AM) *

Throw it away or run the damn ball! They weren't covering the run from him all night. He stopped running after his long run (for some reason) even though it was there at times.
Rick
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 07:04 AM) *
You keep bringing up that ONE play. Ok we get it. That was a bad play. He committed cardinal sin and stared the receiver down. But other than that their DBs had our number.

Huh!!?? Cooper and Jackson were open all night long but Vick would either under throw or over throw them. How do you figure their DBs had our number?
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 20 2013, 07:16 AM) *
Throw it away or run the damn ball! They weren't covering the run from him all night. He stopped running after his long run (for some reason) even though it was there at times.

Your right I agree. Those are better than pick 6s
iggleslover49
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 20 2013, 07:17 AM) *
Huh!!?? Cooper and Jackson were open all night long but Vick would either under throw or over throw them. How do you figure their DBs had our number?

Huh? Cooper NOR Jackson were open "all night". Jackson got open a few times, Cooper especially wasn't open, really at all. Cooper gets 0 separation, all his catches are contested. And Vick did throw him the ball some, he just kept droppin em'. If I were Vick last night I might have quit throwing to him. His numbers? Last I checked it was five attempts 1 catch. Cooper had brick hands.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 12:04 PM) *

Sorry. Wrong. Vick's OTHER int had an open cooper on an intermediate post route, he beat his man but the throw was thrown 2 yards behind the receiver and right to the DB.

I can keep bringing up play after play now that you've finally admitted Mikey shit the bed on the pick6.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Huh? Cooper NOR Jackson were open "all night".

Yeah, they kinda were. You really think Brandon "4.7 forty" Flowers can cover Jackson 1 on 1? That single deep safety wasn't helping on DJax.

I think your brain being awash with endorphins when Vick is on screen magically erases the images of open guys and off target balls.
Eyrie
You see the real player when they are under pressure and have to rely on instinct rather than getting an armchair ride from their team mates.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:31 PM) *
Yeah, they kinda were. You really think Brandon "4.7 forty" Flowers can cover Jackson 1 on 1? That single deep safety wasn't helping on DJax.

I think your brain being awash with endorphins when Vick is on screen magically erases the images of open guys and off target balls.

No they kinda weren't. Brandon Flowers is a pro bowl caliber player, has been for a couple years. His Forty time is irrelevant. Desean is faster than almost all corners that doesn't mean he'll automatically beat them all. If you think that that is indeed the case then maybe I need some of that potent shit YOU smokin on.

Hell if you wanna get the best of Jackson and make sure he doesn't beat you deep in single high all you gotta do is play off coverage. He won't even try to beat you deep at that point. Which is exactly what flowers did for the majority of the night

Jackson has Champ Bailey to deal with next week. I guess you think he's gonna be open all game cause he's faster, right?

No wonder you give guys so much grief for a bad game, your expectations are just simply unrealistic. And your exaggeration is on par with a drunk 18 year old teenage girl.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:28 PM) *
Sorry. Wrong. Vick's OTHER int had an open cooper on an intermediate post route, he beat his man but the throw was thrown 2 yards behind the receiver and right to the DB.

I can keep bringing up play after play now that you've finally admitted Mikey shit the bed on the pick6.

Two yards? No need for exaggeration. That guy was all over Cooper. Like I said, Cooper gets ZERO separation on 1on 1 matchups.
nephillymike
3 Games
96.0 Passer Rating
5 Passing TD's
2 Interceptions
2 Rushing TD's
9.1 yds per pass Attempt
183 yds russhing
9.6 yds per rushing attempt.
His offense, of which it is his first year, is getting like 450+ yds per game.

So whether he runs or throws, he's getting 9+ yds per attempt.

Again

whether he runs or throws, he's getting 9+ yds per attempt

Yeah, he sucked last night, but he was great the two games before.

To be consistent, say the two times he was great was all him and the one time he's sucked it was all his fault.

I'm not complaining of the overall QB play after three games.

Do I have some concerns? Yes. His footwork. His time holding onto the ball. We all saw the MV last year and sure there are bad memories of that.

I expect him to correct the mistakes.

I want to win. And even though I'm not the biggest Vick fan, I've seen how he played so far and I remember how Foles and Barkley looked in the preseason.

He is still the best option on our roster to help us win.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 04:30 PM) *
3 Games
96.0 Passer Rating
5 Passing TD's
2 Interceptions
2 Rushing TD's
9.1 yds per pass Attempt
183 yds russhing

Again

To be consistent, say the two times he was great was all him and the one time he's sucked it was all his fault.

Do I have some concerns? Yes. His footwork. His time holding onto the ball. We all saw the MV last year and sure there are bad memories of that.

I want to win. And even though I'm not the biggest Vick fan, I've seen how he played so far and I remember how Foles and Barkley looked in the preseason.

Funny how his one bad game came on a week when the oline struggled...
Rick
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Sep 20 2013, 07:41 AM) *
Huh? Cooper NOR Jackson were open "all night". Jackson got open a few times, Cooper especially wasn't open, really at all. Cooper gets 0 separation, all his catches are contested. And Vick did throw him the ball some, he just kept droppin em'. If I were Vick last night I might have quit throwing to him. His numbers? Last I checked it was five attempts 1 catch. Cooper had brick hands.

Honestly, I'm not sure what game you were watching last night. They were absolutely open all night. Were they WIDE open? Not all of the time but they were sufficiently open that an NFL QB with 10+ years of experience should be able to make the throw.

One INT was to Cooper--who was open--which was passed BEHIND him for about the 3rd time all game. Kinda hard to catch passes when they're thrown everywhere but where you can get your hands on it.

Even the announcers were talking about how DeSean was open. How those guys couldn't cover him.

Again, not sure what you were watching.

:::scratching head:::
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 04:30 PM) *
3 Games
96.0 Passer Rating
5 Passing TD's
2 Interceptions
2 Rushing TD's
9.1 yds per pass Attempt
183 yds russhing

Again

I still just can't get over how people just love this guy no matter what. For TEN PLUS YEARS this has been his MO...have a game or two (or maybe even 3) where he's off the charts and suck the rest. People only think about how good he can be not how bad he is. Everyone always says things like, "I expect him to correct the mistakes." Or, "He'll be better now that he has an offense which suits him." Or other stuff. Totally ignoring the FACT he's never been able to correct the SAME FRIGGIN' MISTAKES he's made his WHOLE CAREER!

I just don't understand the love affair with this guy. I really don't.
JeeQ
Since we're all repeating the same things anyways...

I couldn't believe it when Michael Vick muffed that punt at the start of the game!
Then Michael Vick went out there and snapped the ball into his own ass!
Not only that Michael Vick couldn't stop the blitz all night, they kept getting through to him
I expect better blocking from Michael Vick if he doesn't want to keep taking hits
Don't even get me started about how bad Michael Vick was on defense though
Michael Vick let Alex Smith convert a 3rd and 19 and a 3rd and 20!
But you can't expect Michael Vick to stop anyone while he's blowing coverages and missing tackles
But that's only when Michael Vick wasn't missing FGs
Or when Michael Vick was going for needless 2pt conversions
Or when Michael Vick was calling three game-ending timeouts in a row
Or when Michael Vick was continuing to not win a single coach's challenge
But that all boils down to Michael Vick's poor clock management skills and play-calling
Which is why Michael Vick is never open for a pass nor causes separation between him and the DBs
Which leads to Michael Vick causing a bunch of stupid penalties like face masking and pass interference

Between Michael Vick's poor play on offense, defense, and special teams it's clear to me that if we cut him now we're on our way to a Super Bowl!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 20 2013, 07:42 PM) *
I still just can't get over how people just love this guy no matter what. For TEN PLUS YEARS this has been his MO...have a game or two (or maybe even 3) where he's off the charts and suck the rest. People only think about how good he can be not how bad he is. Everyone always says things like, "I expect him to correct the mistakes." Or, "He'll be better now that he has an offense which suits him." Or other stuff. Totally ignoring the FACT he's never been able to correct the SAME FRIGGIN' MISTAKES he's made his WHOLE CAREER!

I just don't understand the love affair with this guy. I really don't.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to me.

I don't love Vick.

I didn't think Vick would win the job. But he did, convincingly.

But, unlike many others, I don't hate Vick nor do I let that hatred cloud my judgment.

I just want the Eagles to win. It doesn't matter if it's with Vick, Foles or Barkley to me.

Could Vick lapse into his old tendencies? Yep.

The hatas are all over this poor game he had last night.

The lovers, overlook that game and point to the first two.

I, instead, accurately list his stats over the first three games of the year and based on that body of work, he has had an impressive start to this season. That seems to really bother some supposed Eagles fans.

It seems to me that you and others would prefer Vick to have a horrible year rather than have the Eagles play well with him at QB.

Rather than assume, I'll ask you straight up:

Would you rather Vick have a Pro Bowl caliber year and the Eagles do relatively well (say 8-8 or better),

or

have Vick play poorly and get replaced by either Foles or Barkley and the Eagles suffer a 5-11 - 6-10 type year. The assumption being that the few games drop off from 8 or 9 wins to 5 or 6 is because of Vick's poor play prior to his benching, not the backup QB's play after they replace him.

To me, it's all about winning. I don't give a shit who QB's. May the best one play.

and your answer is??
iggleslover49
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 20 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Since we're all repeating the same things anyways...

I couldn't believe it when Michael Vick muffed that punt at the start of the game!
Then Michael Vick went out there and snapped the ball into his own ass!
Not only that Michael Vick couldn't stop the blitz all night, they kept getting through to him
I expect better blocking from Michael Vick if he doesn't want to keep taking hits
Don't even get me started about how bad Michael Vick was on defense though
Michael Vick let Alex Smith convert a 3rd and 19 and a 3rd and 20!
But you can't expect Michael Vick to stop anyone while he's blowing coverages and missing tackles
But that's only when Michael Vick wasn't missing FGs
Or when Michael Vick was going for needless 2pt conversions
Or when Michael Vick was calling three game-ending timeouts in a row
Or when Michael Vick was continuing to not win a single coach's challenge
But that all boils down to Michael Vick's poor clock management skills and play-calling
Which is why Michael Vick is never open for a pass nor causes separation between him and the DBs
Which leads to Michael Vick causing a bunch of stupid penalties like face masking and pass interference

Between Michael Vick's poor play on offense, defense, and special teams it's clear to me that if we cut him now we're on our way to a Super Bowl!

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 11:42 PM) *
Would you rather Vick have a Pro Bowl caliber year and the Eagles do relatively well (say 8-8 or better),

or

have Vick play poorly and get replaced by either Foles or Barkley and the Eagles suffer a 5-11 - 6-10 type year. The assumption being that the few games drop off from 8 or 9 wins to 5 or 6 is because of Vick's poor play prior to his benching, not the backup QB's play after they replace him.

To me, it's all about winning. I don't give a shit who QB's. May the best one play.

and your answer is??

I hate Mike Vick.

But, I would rather Vick have a pro bowl season, be named MVP, Sports Illustrated's Man of the Year, win a nobel peace prize, and get signed to a 10 year contract extension if it meant the Eagles would make the playoffs this year.

D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 21 2013, 02:22 PM) *
I hate Mike Vick.

But, I would rather Vick have a pro bowl season, be named MVP, Sports Illustrated's Man of the Year, win a nobel peace prize, and get signed to a 10 year contract extension if it meant the Eagles would make the playoffs this year.

This states my feelings perfectly. 100% agreed.
iggleslover49
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 21 2013, 10:35 AM) *

Yeah, right.
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2013, 11:42 PM) *
You obviously haven't been paying attention to me.

I don't love Vick.

I didn't think Vick would win the job. But he did, convincingly.

But, unlike many others, I don't hate Vick nor do I let that hatred cloud my judgment.

I just want the Eagles to win. It doesn't matter if it's with Vick, Foles or Barkley to me.

Could Vick lapse into his old tendencies? Yep.

The hatas are all over this poor game he had last night.

The lovers, overlook that game and point to the first two.

I, instead, accurately list his stats over the first three games of the year and based on that body of work, he has had an impressive start to this season. That seems to really bother some supposed Eagles fans.

It seems to me that you and others would prefer Vick to have a horrible year rather than have the Eagles play well with him at QB.

Rather than assume, I'll ask you straight up:

or

and your answer is??

I'd rather have him play well. However, you're missing MY point which is why do you (among others) seem to have such a love for the guy? I mean, you said you look at stats, how about look at his WHOLE body of work, not just 3 games. Look at his WHOLE career and tell me why YOU (and others) seem to believe in your hearts he can change (or will)?

His WHOLE career he's had a few good games in a season and sucked the rest (as a QB). But people keep thinking he's gonna change. Why?

I just don't understand it.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 21 2013, 05:18 PM) *
I'd rather have him play well. However, you're missing MY point which is why do you (among others) seem to have such a love for the guy? I mean, you said you look at stats, how about look at his WHOLE body of work, not just 3 games. Look at his WHOLE career and tell me why YOU (and others) seem to believe in your hearts he can change (or will)?

His WHOLE career he's had a few good games in a season and sucked the rest (as a QB). But people keep thinking he's gonna change. Why?

I just don't understand it.

I don't have love for the guy. I really don't.

I never thought Vick's talents as a QB were such that he could go without much of a running game and be the 35-40 pass attempt guy per game like the elite QB's can (Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers).

I never thought he was good enough at going thru three and four reads before deciding the pass.

I always thought he would be better served if they incorporated his running into the offense, instead of just a last resort.

Reid/Morningwheg IMO, exposed his weaknesses and didn't play to his strengths. They tried to make him the throw it 35-40 times a game, stay in the pocket for 5-6 seconds drop back QB that he wasn't.

From what we knew of Kelly's offense and know now of Kelly's offense, it seems like a real good fit.
So I think with the change in offense, there's a decent chance he will change. Not guaranteed, but a decent chance.

I'm curious as to how it will turn out.

I just gave him first blame for last game. So I have no illusions that he could lapse back into the old Vick.

But ripping him for game three without praising him for the first two isn't seeing the whole season.

As far as his career, I looked at just the last three years. And out of the QB's who played all three years, I had him rated 13th out of 26. Middle of the road. With the right offense, IMO, he can improve on that to make himself top 7-10 QB in this league. I don't think that's dreaming, I think it is realistic. BTW, going on passer rating only, he's 8th after last week's debacle. If you add his rushing into it, he moves into the top five. Like I said, realistic.

All that being said, for this team here, it really is about who gives us the best chance to win. IMO, he has shown through open, fair competition, that, in this system, he gives us our best shot for a win. And the only thing that matters is what system you run and who the options are to run it and the answer to that for the 2013 Eagles is Vick.

So the fact that you, me or others don't think he's a top five QB doesn't matter. He's the best THIS year on THIS team.
Eyrie
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 21 2013, 02:22 PM) *
I hate Mike Vick.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 21 2013, 03:35 PM) *

You've both just lost your membership of the "Vick Haters Club". He has to win the SuperBowl this year to get all of that. Mere playoffs would only entitle him to be considered for a two year deal and free cheese steaks for the rest of his life.

On Mikey's question, for as long as he's our QB I want him to be playing like he did the first two weeks of the season and not like he did against the Chiefs.
Birdman420
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 19 2013, 11:41 PM) *
Was only a matter of time til the real MV7 showed up.
That's our Mikey!

I love how people say that when he plays excellent football most of the time just like any solid qb does, and when he plays a less then stellar game he's the worst qb ever. Ever think of giving the defense props and maybe placing the blame where it should be placed?

besides the one int he threw how bad of a game did he really have?

D Rock
Well, for starters he threw TWO ints.

He had 2 others dropped and a would be 5th called back by a flag.

He also fumbled twice. Held the ball too long, missed open receivers over and over again, and took some terrible sacks.

Defense actually played a decent game (by eagles standards anyway).
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 22 2013, 09:39 AM) *
Well, for starters he threw TWO ints.

He had 2 others dropped and a would be 5th called back by a flag.

He also fumbled twice. Held the ball too long, missed open receivers over and over again, and took some terrible sacks.

Defense actually played a decent game (by eagles standards anyway).

Do you know of any analysis of the receivers he missed? I'm not saying it wasn't happening, but I haven't seen any all-22 breakdown that called it out specifically. It's nearly impossible to identify that from the TV broadcast.

I assume it happened on occasion on Thursday, but from my perspective, it didn't seem like he was getting much help from his receiving core. That, combined with the poor game from the OL and Vick was a perfect storm.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2013, 02:12 PM) *
Do you know of any analysis of the receivers he missed? I'm not saying it wasn't happening, but I haven't seen any all-22 breakdown that called it out specifically. It's nearly impossible to identify that from the TV broadcast.

I assume it happened on occasion on Thursday, but from my perspective, it didn't seem like he was getting much help from his receiving core. That, combined with the poor game from the OL and Vick was a perfect storm.

Check out the Eagles Extra show on Comcast. Comes on normally on Monday nights. That should have plenty of all 22 tape with RDiddy, Baldy and BWest.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 22 2013, 03:36 PM) *
Check out the Eagles Extra show on Comcast. Comes on normally on Monday nights. That should have plenty of all 22 tape with RDiddy, Baldy and BWest.

Is it available on the interwebs?
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2013, 03:40 PM) *
Is it available on the interwebs?

Not sure. If you go to comcastsportsphilly website maybe they have it available. I thought you were local. Sorry about that.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2013, 07:12 PM) *

Im going on the 3-4 passes that were 4 yards over the head of the receiver. And the end zone angle shot of the pick6. I too would love to see the all 22.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 22 2013, 04:30 PM) *
Im going on the 3-4 passes that were 4 yards over the head of the receiver. And the end zone angle shot of the pick6. I too would love to see the all 22.

Ahh, I thought you meant missed as in "didn't see."

Gotcha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.