Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missed 2 point conversion
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Could be HUGE!
SAM I Am
Turns out it wasn't, but why the fuck did he do that anyway.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 19 2013, 11:30 PM) *
Turns out it wasn't, but why the fuck did he do that anyway.

yeah. the Eagles would have only been down 3 instead of 4.

also, Henery was crap on several angles tonight.

oh well. as long as they sweep the Giants, I'm good with this season being a wash. Eagles need to remove the remnants of the Reid regime, particularly on defense. a Vick replacement would be nice but the Eagles are going to manage to be mediocre enough to miss any good ones. options 2 and 3 aren't gonna do it.
Pbfan
It could be, in another game. What a ridiculous call. Chip needs to learn that this isn't college where you get pull off this shit because kids are new at seeing certain coverage. Why do you think you can run all sort of idiotic shit in HS that you can't in college. We need a smart coach not a coach that needs to be super creative.
CT_Eagle
Stupid decision. There is no reason that I can think of to go for two points in that situation. I am glad we did not lose the game because of that mistake. Hopefully Chip sits back and realizes he needs to take the one point in that situation.
D Rock
i fear Chip has a bit of that "I'm gonna show these martha fockers how much smarter than everybody else I am" mentality alla Reid.
Eyrie
I'll toss in a contrary opinion that Kelly was challenging his players to make the conversion rather than playing it safe with the kick, It was early enough in the game that failing to convert could be compensated for later.

I'm more concerned about the trick play we used than the decision to go for two.
Pbfan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 20 2013, 02:51 PM) *
I'll toss in a contrary opinion that Kelly was challenging his players to make the conversion rather than playing it safe with the kick, It was early enough in the game that failing to convert could be compensated for later.

I'm more concerned about the trick play we used than the decision to go for two.

It was a shit play and more experienced of players you go against the less success you are going to have with these stupid gimmicks. What the fuck doesn't Chip get NFL does not equal college. Players are smarter, faster, stronger. Gimmicks do not work as well.
D Rock
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 20 2013, 07:51 PM) *

Exactly my point. Just line up and pound it. You're averaging over 6 a carry for pete's sake.

The trickery is what makes me see that "gotta prove how smart I am" thing that Reid couldn't avoid.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.