Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did Reid bring w him to philly?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
The old mike Vick
Dreagon
well that...and he also brought a KC team that we are just going to have to accept is a pretty good team, that has some pretty good talent but was unfortunately saddled with Romeo Crennell last year.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 19 2013, 11:48 PM) *
well that...and he also brought a KC team that we are just going to have to accept is a pretty good team, that has some pretty good talent but was unfortunately saddled with Romeo Crennell last year.

and Matt Cassel. who is basically a more accomplished Bryan Hoyer. Alex Smith manages the game. and if you give him 3rd and 20s, he'll take 'em.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 20 2013, 04:48 AM) *

Bullshit. They beat 3 dogs shit teams.

I'm not impressed in the least. We turned the ball over 4 times in the first half including a pick 6 and they managed a mere 16 points.

No sir. They're not a good team. Just beating up on the bottom of the leagues barrel.
Dreagon
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 19 2013, 11:21 PM) *

I'm not impressed in the least. We turned the ball over 4 times in the first half including a pick 6 and they managed a mere 16 points.

No sir. They're not a good team. Just beating up on the bottom of the leagues barrel.

I'm not saying they're suddenly great, but don't forget that they sent six players to the pro bowl last year. Thats a pretty good base to build on this year. Then you add the upgrade of Smith at QB, and the huge upgrade of Reid as HC and this ain't a crap team anymore.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 20 2013, 06:06 AM) *
I'm not saying they're suddenly great, but don't forget that they sent six players to the pro bowl last year. Thats a pretty good base to build on this year. Then you add the upgrade of Smith at QB, and the huge upgrade of Reid as HC and this ain't a crap team anymore.

Blah blah blah...

You're missing it. It's what Reid does. It's who he is as a coach. From '99 to 2004 he has a cake walk to the division title. For the next 5 years he had the odds or even vagiants who were relevant every other year. You remember. When Kiki Barbara would fumble games away by the gross. Your pathetic group in Texass trotted out the likes of Quincy laugh.gif Carter and pretended to be a football team, while lil DannyBoy threw yachts full of cash at everyone from neon, to Gibbs, to Steve superior.

Reid feasted on that shit. The conference was a joke for most of the decade while favruh declined, the niners dumped debartelo, and the greatest show on turf aged. He made a HOF potential career based on dominating a shit division and lesser conference for years.

BUT

He never beat bellicheat. He never beat Peyton. He was 1 & 4 in conf championship games. To his credit, he wins the games he supposed to win. But he almost never wins against legitimately good teams.

He builds a good program. Protects players from media and for this, they love him. But literally everyone here will tell you. He is a dog shit coach on Sunday. It's well hidden when facing the Jags, Boiz & Iggles because . . . you know . . . we suck.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 12:21 AM) *

The Chiefs looked just like an Andy Reid team and it made me glad it wasn't the Eagles ... except the loss. They have a lot of talent but they didn't impress me much either. The Eagles LOST the game with inept play while the Chiefs did exactly what they needed to do to hold on to a win.

If Kelly had been here for two years already I'd say fire the bum but let's see if he learns and if they can fill the holes.
iggleslover49
These teams are running single safety all game. I'm really starting to miss Mac on the other side. Brandon Flowers took Jackson outta much of the game until he started hurting. Vick has no deep speed to take advantage of the single safety look other than Jackson.

My question is where is Casey and where is the 3 tightend formations?
koolaidluke
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 02:07 AM) *
He never beat bellicheat. He never beat Peyton.

He also didn't have Brady or Brees.

The KC offense is bad but has improved every week. We'll see if they improve as the season goes on because they are loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball aside from their terrible Oline.
TGryn
So, if KC is a bad team with a bad coach, what does that make us after losing to them?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2013, 01:07 AM) *
Blah blah blah...

You're missing it. It's what Reid does. It's who he is as a coach. From '99 to 2004 he has a cake walk to the division title. For the next 5 years he had the odds or even vagiants who were relevant every other year. You remember. When Kiki Barbara would fumble games away by the gross. Your pathetic group in Texass trotted out the likes of Quincy laugh.gif Carter and pretended to be a football team, while lil DannyBoy threw yachts full of cash at everyone from neon, to Gibbs, to Steve superior.

Reid feasted on that shit. The conference was a joke for most of the decade while favruh declined, the niners dumped debartelo, and the greatest show on turf aged. He made a HOF potential career based on dominating a shit division and lesser conference for years.

BUT

He never beat bellicheat. He never beat Peyton. He was 1 & 4 in conf championship games. To his credit, he wins the games he supposed to win. But he almost never wins against legitimately good teams.

He builds a good program. Protects players from media and for this, they love him. But literally everyone here will tell you. He is a dog shit coach on Sunday. It's well hidden when facing the Jags, Boiz & Iggles because . . . you know . . . we suck.

Jesus Christ this place has jumped the shark. I can't believe you actually believe this dogmatic bullshit.

So you're saying Reid isn't a good coach because he didn't beat Brady and Manning? What a crock of shit. You may have noticed that virtually no one beat Brady and Manning during that decade.

All NFL teams are virtually identical talent-wise with the exception of the QB position. When Reid was playing a team with a comparable or lesser QB, he was fantastic. Like everyone else, when he was playing an elite guy he predictably didn't fare well.

The fact that he consistently beat on his division (specifically Coughlin's Giants) is a testament to his abilities as a coach.

That Chiefs team reminds me of the 2000/2001 Eagles. And I would damn well take that team over the pile of shit we're putting on the field right now. Yeah, he likely isn't going to beat up on Denver, but few teams will this year. Fact is, he's 3-0 with a team that won 2 games all of last season. I'd take his "dog shit" coaching abilities on Sunday if it meant I was watching the more prepared team take the field.

KAL is just about the only person on this board that makes any fucking sense these days. But I hope you guys are enjoying your post game press conferences.
Birdman420
He brought an elite qb with him that's for sure, Alex smith really impressed me last night because he never threw into traffic, he took sacks and made up for them and he can actually move the chains with his legs when he wants to. I think his poise in the pocket is something any qb can learn from.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Sep 20 2013, 11:06 AM) *
He brought an elite qb with him that's for sure, Alex smith really impressed me last night because he never threw into traffic, he took sacks and made up for them and he can actually move the chains with his legs when he wants to. I think his poise in the pocket is something any qb can learn from.

Elite is a bit strong. I also like what Smith brought to the table, but I think he left too many points on the field to be elite in today's NFL. It was a young McNabbian performance. Error free, ball control.

That will win a lot of regular season games. It likely won't win in a big playoff game though.

I do expect that offense to improve though. Much like we consistently did in November and December.
Bez
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 10:55 AM) *
Jesus Christ this place has jumped the shark. I can't believe you actually believe this dogmatic bullshit.

So you're saying Reid isn't a good coach because he didn't beat Brady and Manning? What a crock of shit. You may have noticed that virtually no one beat Brady and Manning during that decade.

All NFL teams are virtually identical talent-wise with the exception of the QB position. When Reid was playing a team with a comparable or lesser QB, he was fantastic. Like everyone else, when he was playing an elite guy he predictably didn't fare well.

The fact that he consistently beat on his division (specifically Coughlin's Giants) is a testament to his abilities as a coach.

That Chiefs team reminds me of the 2000/2001 Eagles. And I would damn well take that team over the pile of shit we're putting on the field right now. Yeah, he likely isn't going to beat up on Denver, but few teams will this year. Fact is, he's 3-0 with a team that won 2 games all of last season. I'd take his "dog shit" coaching abilities on Sunday if it meant I was watching the more prepared team take the field.

KAL is just about the only person on this board that makes any fucking sense these days. But I hope you guys are enjoying your post game press conferences.
I know I do . Surprisingly enough Alex Smith is loathed by many Chiefs fans as well and far as I can tell its because of past 49 Qbs who later played for the Chiefs. I wont have to worry about last nights situation playing the Chiefs and me being torn in two unless both teams are in the SB. Last night I turned in knowing Rock and Kooliad were going to be more entertaining than the morning comic strips. Priceless stuff.
Bez
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Elite is a bit strong. I also like what Smith brought to the table, but I think he left too many points on the field to be elite in today's NFL. It was a young McNabbian performance. Error free, ball control.

That will win a lot of regular season games. It likely won't win in a big playoff game though.

I do expect that offense to improve though. Much like we consistently did in November and December.

How much of that has to do with who was on the receiving end of the ball ? What they need right now is a Tony G.
D Rock
QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 20 2013, 02:38 PM) *
So, if KC is a bad team with a bad coach, what does that make us after losing to them?

A team that went 4 & 12 last season with a rookie head coach. In other words, "a bad team."

D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2013, 04:55 PM) *

I never said reid isnt a good coach. It may pain you to read it, but can you honestly tell me my post was factually inaccurate?

I've said it since 2000 and not changed my tune once.

"Reid is a great coach Monday through Saturday, but a barely adequate coach on Sunday."

At this point if you stay away from "ifs and buts" and avoid extrapolating, selective data mining, and speculation . . . the results (proof/evidence) tells you he's fantastic at turning moribund franchises around and into perennial contenders. What he did for Philly was great.

But until he wins the big game, he can't win the big game. That my friend is the definition of reality.

We used to say the same thing about Peyton. At one point he was 0 & 4 in post season play. But he finally had that single great post season run and that talk is gone entirely.

When/if Reid wins the big one, he'll be a truly "great coach." Until then, the reality that he can't beat the big boys will haunt his perception.
bwc2112
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 19 2013, 11:02 PM) *
The old mike Vick

And a boot the size of Vicks ASS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.