Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just to Piss Us All Off...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Reid is going to feed the ball to Jamal Charles all night Thursday. He'll go 60% run.

Book it. You heard it here first.
nephillymike
I was thinking the same thing.

But would he go against his instincts against a secondary that couldn't cover you and I??
koolaidluke
Since the Eagles can't cover but are really good scorers they will likely play a lot of 2 high and dare Reid to run. Reid has historically been pretty good about going ground when opposing teams are selling out against the pass. Two games that come to mind are 2005 against the Cowboys and 2008 against the Cardinals (although I think actually Marty was calling the plays in that game).

Charles was terrible against the Cowboys, although the Cowboys were stacking the box which I doubt Davis will do.

This game is the stoppable force versus the moveable object. I really don't think the Eagles D is going to have much trouble with the Chiefs. The Eagles defense is better than people think, they just need to get on the same page.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 18 2013, 11:40 PM) *
I was thinking the same thing.

But would he go against his instincts against a secondary that couldn't cover you and I??

Are you asking if a coach would throw the ball 50 times in a game where the wind was insane and the OL depleted and keep one of the leagues best RBs in to block?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 19 2013, 02:46 AM) *
(although I think actually Marty was calling the plays in that game).

I'm quite certain this was the case for most of Marty's tenure in Philly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.