Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Richardson Traded To Indy !!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
For Indy's 1st round pick in 2014, likely to be a mid round pick.

So CLE traded the #3 pick of the 1st round from last year who had a team record for yds for a rookie, for a mid first rounder this year.

Trying to tank the season and move up to get a franchise QB?

Other than that, I can't figure it out. shoulda got another mid round pick IMO.

Banner and Lombardi going to take heat for this.

Whenever we think we have it bad, just be happy we are not a Browns fan.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000024...browns-for-pick
mcnabbulous
Certainly seems like they didn't get enough in return. But Richardson wasn't drafted by Banner, and Banner would likely never have taken a RB #3 to begin with.

It's pretty clear they are in the Teddy sweepstakes. I guess it's between them and Jacksonville, and they're doing their best to make sure they have the ammunition to get their guy.
D Rock
I get it. Good move by RatBoy. I hate his ass.
koolaidluke
Drafting an RB 3rd overall is the height of retardation. Good job by the Browns erasing that mistake.
mcnabbulous
If memory serves, didn't they also trade up a spot to get him? What a clusterfuck.

Adrian Peterson is just about the only exception on drafting a RB high. Because he is that much of a freak. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to take one in the first round.
make_it_rain
Damn, so now the Browns have two 1sts, two 3rds, and two 4ths in next years draft.

You gotta feel for the fanbase of such an inept franchise. No matter how consistently shitty they are, they still turn out. If I were them, I'd use that draft ammo to just grab Bridgewater, Tahj Boyd, Mariota, and that guy from UCLA (can't remember his name).

At that point it becomes a numbers game, you gotta figure at least one of them turns out to be good. It's a shame too because the browns have a really solid defense too, if they had even a reasonable offense they could be a decent team.

iggleslover49
What if DeAnthony Thomas is there this year you wouldn't spend a first for him?
TGryn
Apparently they haven't learned yet to never, never put Banner in front of the media. It's his Achilles heel.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...05845--nfl.html
Browns CEO Joe Banner and coach Rob Chudzinski then insulted their fan base during a press conference in which neither one would specifically answer any question to explain the trade ("move the franchise forward" was their buzzword and they never strayed to explain how this trade does that). Inexplicably, they used that platform to play a typical "don't say anything of substance" press conference game there wasn't one answer that wasn't built around a cliche and stock answer. The Browns fans deserved much better, and one would assume after all this news that they might be mad.

Video here. 5:50 was very bad show by Banner, basically smirking and laughing under his breath when a reporter asked about how the fans who bought Richardson jerseys recently are feeling.

I feel for the Browns fans, having their franchise taken away & then never really getting past the expansion team phase. All those picks look nice, but given the Browns' draft history they're likely to bust on at least half of those.
nephillymike
QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 19 2013, 12:21 PM) *
Apparently they haven't learned yet to never, never put Banner in front of the media. It's his Achilles heel.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...05845--nfl.html

Video here. 5:50 was very bad show by Banner, basically smirking and laughing under his breath when a reporter asked about how the fans who bought Richardson jerseys recently are feeling.

I feel for the Browns fans, having their franchise taken away & then never really getting past the expansion team phase. All those picks look nice, but given the Browns' draft history they're likely to bust on at least half of those.

Good find!

Did he call the Browns fans patently irresponsible?

Did he tell them to go cheer for another team?

I'm so glad we got rid of that asshole. Man I hated him and his smirk attitude.

Poor Cleveland. I feel bad for them having to put up with that guy.

He should never, ever, ever ever be in front of a microphone speaking to the public.

Nails meet chalkboard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.