Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK Left Pendulum and Right Pendulum Folks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Who will win Thursday, Andy's Chiefs or Chip's Eagles and why?
koolaidluke
I have to go with the Eagles.

2 Reasons:

1. Alex Smith is playing awful this year. Don't know if he just hasn't clicked yet, his Oline's suckage is holding him back or Andy is failing him as a coach but Alex Smith really blows so far. He is throwing for under 6 yards per attempt and is only completing 60% of his passes. The Cowboys D is similar to the Eagles and Alex could only put up 17 points. No reason to expect Alex to put up anymore than 17 points on the road on a short week.

2. The Eagles O hasn't been stopped yet. I think that the league will catch up with what Chip is doing and the offense will regress to 24 points a game but until I actually see the offense slowed down I'm going to assume it is going to put up points. I was sure that the Chargers would control the Eagles offense but while they limited the run game like I expected I never thought that that the Eagles would be so effective in the air. You got to figure the Eagles put up at least 23.

As far as I'm concerned the Eagles have been the 2nd best offense in football over the past two weeks (after the Broncos) and the Chiefs have been the 2nd best defense (after the Seagulls). Although it's early in the season this game will tell us a lot about both teams. The Chiefs could still make the playoffs even if they lose but I think that if the Eagles lose they will likely miss the playoffs this season.
D Rock
Chippah wins this one. Reid has been winning off the strength of his defense. They'll run into our offensive buzz saw.

Our D will make that offense look like they're better than they are, but won't be enough to overcome what Chip/Vick/Shady will do to em.

Final score?

41 - 38 Eagles win.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Chiefs will win this one ....

why?

Because our D sucks and their D will prove too much for us this time ... and it's the trend.

Hope I'm wrong ...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Who will win Thursday, Andy's Chiefs or Chip's Eagles and why?

I think we take this one. The Chiefs will put up points, and so will we. I think Chip introduces some new plays, and Andy will pull a trick or two on us.

44-34 Eagles.
Zero
Chief Andy ... pass, pass, pass ... complete, complete, complete. 50 attempts, 48 completes ... Smith has a bad day missing two.
Jax
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 17 2013, 06:34 PM) *
Chippah wins this one. Reid has been winning off the strength of his defense. They'll run into our offensive buzz saw.

Our D will make that offense look like they're better than they are, but won't be enough to overcome what Chip/Vick/Shady will do to em.

Final score?

41 - 38 Eagles win.

As the saying goes, good pitching beats good hitting. Andy wins unless our crowd is so electric that it gives the Eagles a bigger than typical Thursday Night home crowd advantage.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Jax @ Sep 17 2013, 08:41 PM) *
As the saying goes, good pitching beats good hitting. Andy wins unless our crowd is so electric that it gives the Eagles a bigger than typical Thursday Night home crowd advantage.

LOL home field advantage? These shitheads have lost 7 in a row at home. Home field advantage ceases to apply to this team.
Jax
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 17 2013, 08:57 PM) *
LOL home field advantage? These shitheads have lost 7 in a row at home. Home field advantage ceases to apply to this team.

That is a true statement however when we do have a home field advantage there is arguably none better. Of course, it works against us often also. I have a theory that our players get tight at home games because of the crowd sometimes so it can hurt or or help us depending on the game, year, etc.
D Rock
QUOTE (Jax @ Sep 18 2013, 12:41 AM) *

So far nobody has shown they can so much as slow this offense down, let alone stop it. This defies all norms as its totally new to NFL defenses.

How does shitty pitching do against shit batting? Cause that's the other side of the equation.

Home field advantage? At the Linc? Please. We haven't enjoyed a home field advantage since the Vet.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 18 2013, 01:11 AM) *
So far nobody has shown they can so much as slow this offense down, let alone stop it. This defies all norms as its totally new to NFL defenses.

The Eagles dominated two bad defenses early in the season. The Kaepernick whiners were every bit as dominant against numerous top 10 defenses down the stretch and in the postseason last year and to start the year off against Breen Gay, only to be completely shut down by Seattle on Sunday. The Chiefs D is the cream of the crop, if the Eagles drop 35+ on them then the Eagles have to be Superbowl favorites.

The Chargers played a lot of zone against the Eagles but the Chiefs will probably play mostly man. It's a tough matchup for Vick.

That said, there is not a lot of film on the Eagles and it is a short week. The Eagles offense is so good so it is still going to score. 26 points as the eagles have to settle for 4 field goals when they stall in the red zone where they can't stretch the field.

You obviously haven't got a chance to see the Alex Smith Chiefs in action if you think they will score 38. They'll get 20.

Revised prediction: 26-20 Eagles.
xsv
I think it will be high scoring and close. Could go either way.

I'll take the Eagles 40-38
HobbEs
Eagles win this one in an emotional night 44-28.

A couple of things I think we'll see:

- Andy will try to outsmart everybody by running the ball against the worst secondary in the history of time.

- Cary Williams will continue to add to his jersey collection by pulling the shirts off a few Chiefs.

- After being treated for burns Nate Allen will complain about splinters.

- Patrick Chung will make another devastating hit on a teammate.

- DeMeco Ryan will learn how to use the brakes and stop over-running plays.

- Andy will use his super secret on sides kick to start the game.

- Donovan plays air guitar as his number is retired...the crowd goes wild.

- Standing ovations all around. The loudest cheer is for Chip Kelly.

Did I miss anything? Time's yours...

mcnabbulous
Stick with my previous guess.

35 - 24 Eagles.

On a side note, kudos to KAL for his Chargers prediction. I didn't see any way they would walk in to Philly and win that game. Good call on that.
koolaidluke
Well I may have gotten the result right but in a much different way than I anticipated. I thought the Chargers would dominate and I never thought in a million years Chip would be willing to go pass first or that Vick could be so effective downfield without the play action to set it up. I thought the Eagles D would allow tons of big plays as well.

I was extremely unimpressed with the Washington game. The D was a disaster once RGIII shook off the rust and Chip essentially just ran the Oregon offense. I saw that game and I was convinced that Chip had been lying when he said he was going to run a real offense in the NFL.

The Chargers loss was one of the most impressive losses I've ever seen. If you stack the box the Eagles can beat you down the field and the Eagles defense is going to make you go 10 yards at a time to score TDs. Alex Smith isn't going to drive the length of the field like Rivers did.

The Eagles D reminds me of the Steelers without the creativity or talent. Once they cut out the coverage breakdowns I think they can be a top 15 unit.
Eyrie
I'll give us the edge for two reasons - KC having the trip on a short week and our offense doing just enough to outweigh our defence.

I'll toss in the freebie that Reid calls twice as many passes as runs and wish him well for the rest of the season.
make_it_rain
23-23 TIE

That's right motherfuckers, you heard it here first.

koolaidluke
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 19 2013, 04:24 PM) *
23-23 TIE

That's right motherfuckers, you heard it here first.

did you ever watch that show?
SAM I Am
Andy's chefs win tonight.

Don't think the D can turn it around in 4 days, and the chefs have a pretty good D.
JeeQ
Eagles Win The Game, And Fuck The Chiefs and Anybody That Love Em
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.