Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How does 750 yards of offense sound?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
We got 503 yards of offense while having the ball for 19+ minutes.

If our D was good enough to give us a 50-50 time of possession, our 503 yards in 19+ minutes projects to over 750 yards of offense for 30 minutes of TOP.

FWIW, SD had 539 yards in 40+ min, which projects to a "paltry" 399 yards of offense over 30 minutes.

Can you miagine if our D was just averge?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Can you miagine if our D was just averge?

We'd be headed towards a Super Bowl against the Broncos. As it stands, our defense is embarrassingly horrible, so we'll go something like 8-8 or 9-7.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
It sounds ridiculous, preposterous.

Teams will figure out how to keep our O on the sidelines and no matter how many points we put up, they will be able to control the clock and learn how to beat us by at least 1. That's all it will take.

We can't tackle, we can't stop the run, we can defend the middle of the field, we can't stop the screen. And God help us if Vick, Shady or DJaX gets hurt. We are exposed.
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 17 2013, 04:02 PM) *
We'd be headed towards a Super Bowl against the Broncos. As it stands, our defense is embarrassingly horrible, so we'll go something like 8-8 or 9-7.

I agree the D has been suspect but I'm not sure they won't improve as they learn the new scheme. Besides bad safeties, they have 3 second year players and Cole learning a completely new position, all in an unfamiliar scheme. On top of that most of these guys don't know each other well and so much of successful defense is a product of familiarity and communication.

Most people agreed that the defense would take time to evolve. This is only the third game. Many praised them for their play on Monday night and then we saw a shart on Sunday. I'm willing to give them to game six before I pronounce them horrible but I still reserve the right to flip out and declare them garbage at any point because of alcohol or insanity. wink.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 17 2013, 03:02 PM) *

Yeah, but I'm starting to fear that the team that can pull off that magical two game winning streak and reach 9-7 may be what the NFC East calls championship material this year. I had higher hopes for the division in preseason, but after two games I'm beginning to wonder if striving for mediocrity is the best any of our team's fans can hope for. Which is going to make for some really painful smack talk....

"Haha! We're going to kick your team's butts because we're AVERAGE!" dry.gif

Oh well, it's too early in the season for such gloomy prognostications yet.
koolaidluke
I have to say I'm somewhat impressed by what I've seen from the Cowboys D this year. They struggled a little against the Giants but that was game 1 and they did a great job of playing bend but don't break against the Chiefs.

With Homo and Dez on offense I believe that the Cowboys are the best team in the division. I see them winning 10 games.

I also think that the Cowboys are going to be the team the Eagles have the toughest time with.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 18 2013, 08:23 AM) *
I agree the D has been suspect but I'm not sure they won't improve as they learn the new scheme. Besides bad safeties, they have 3 second year players and Cole learning a completely new position, all in an unfamiliar scheme.

Exactly. Everybody who is angry about our defense: do you seriously think that what you see now is what you are going to get?
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 19 2013, 02:57 AM) *
I have to say I'm somewhat impressed by what I've seen from the Cowboys D this year. They struggled a little against the Giants but that was game 1 and they did a great job of playing bend but don't break against the Chiefs.

With Homo and Dez on offense I believe that the Cowboys are the best team in the division. I see them winning 10 games.

I also think that the Cowboys are going to be the team the Eagles have the toughest time with.

I think you're going to see two or three teams hovering around .500 all season, and then the division be decided by who finishes the last two or three games the strongest.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 19 2013, 10:33 AM) *
I think you're going to see two or three teams hovering around .500 all season, and then the division be decided by who finishes the last two or three games the strongest.

What do you think about Kiffin's defense? Most Dallas fans seem extremely unhappy with it.

Rob Ryan sucks. That is for certain.
mcnabbulous
Mikey - do you really think our offense should ever expect to have a ball for 30 minutes?
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 19 2013, 01:31 PM) *
What do you think about Kiffin's defense? Most Dallas fans seem extremely unhappy with it.

Rob Ryan sucks. That is for certain.

I can't complain about the defense. It put us in position to win both games. It scored points against NY and staved off a late Giants rally, and it held KC to seventeen points. Our offense seems to be the one that needs to get it's act together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.