Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip Kelly On Final-Drive Missteps: ‘That’s On Me’
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
lolz

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/09/16...ps-thats-on-me/
Jax
Didn't read it but whatever he said, the 1st down pass to Celek in traffic was a bad call. It should've been a run and, if not, the play that Foles was in there for should have been a run. Just my opinion.
koolaidluke
I think he'll learn from it. To me the important part of coaching is how well the team executes and how good the game plans are. No need to get upset about in game decisions.

That said, Kelly's calls at the end of yesterdays game were the worst I've ever seen. I'm not really sure what he was trying to do.
D Rock
Foles shouldn't have been in there. Kelly didn't know the rule. Take a time out and Vick doesn't miss a play.
mcnabbulous
The mistakes are inevitable. I don't think coaching cost us this game. A decade of draft ineptitude on the defensive side of the ball is the biggest culprit.

A few mistakes by the guys on the field also didn't help. Casey and Henery left 7 points on the field themselves.

With that said, we were lucky it wasn't worse, with the two red zone turnovers we were fortunate to force. Gates having not lost a fumble since 2008 was a pretty impressive stat.

Edit: The primary reason I posted this was because of the quote.
Jax
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 16 2013, 01:52 PM) *
Foles shouldn't have been in there. Kelly didn't know the rule. Take a time out and Vick doesn't miss a play.

Yes, but even if Vick were in there I think it would've been a pass. Just a guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.