Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jarius Byrd = respectable
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
They've got the cap space ... a third? Second? Why not?
mcnabbulous
Is he even guaranteed to play this year?

Gee E
Is there any reason to think the Bills would trade him for that?

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 16 2013, 06:21 PM) *

make_it_rain
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 16 2013, 01:21 PM) *

I'd rather they bring in Kerry Rhodes, even with all of that hooplah about him banging his male assistant or whatever the scandal is.

Byrd has some real injury concerns and won't be cheap. Rhodes is still a solid player with not much of an injury history and they could probably get him for far less. It is odd that no one has signed him yet though, which makes you wonder if there's some other issue/reason that we dont know about thats preventing him from finding work.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 16 2013, 04:11 PM) *
I'd rather they bring in Kerry Rhodes, even with all of that hooplah about him banging his male assistant or whatever the scandal is.

Byrd has some real injury concerns and won't be cheap. Rhodes is still a solid player with not much of an injury history and they could probably get him for far less. It is odd that no one has signed him yet though, which makes you wonder if there's some other issue/reason that we dont know about thats preventing him from finding work.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue you highlighted is the primary reason he's not getting work. I agree that it would make sense to bring him in.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 16 2013, 05:16 PM) *
Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue you highlighted is the primary reason he's not getting work. I agree that it would make sense to bring him in.

If they are planning on bringing someone in then it will be this weekend, not during a short week with a Thursday night game.
GQSmooth
Rhodes is supposed to visit Giants tomorrow, I'd bet he gets signed by the weekend. I don't get why the team couldnt see problem sooner.
Zero
QUOTE (GQSmooth @ Sep 16 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Rhodes is supposed to visit Giants tomorrow, I'd bet he gets signed by the weekend. I don't get why the team couldnt see problem sooner.

Here ...
D Rock
Rhodes would be a huge upgrade over Allen/Wolfe.

If they're not interested in him because he might be gay, that's ... uh ... well ... gay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.