Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Total Mismatch ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Bocadelphia Eagles John
To have one team with 2 units so completely out of sync with each other is a rare oddity.

This O, supporte by our D, is a complete and utter mismatch. One just eradicates whatever good the other does. Might as well have both units stinkiing up the joint to give us shots at high draft picks.

SD time of possession imbalance is a disgrace. You can't win games with that kind of disgusting performance.

That, and just some sloppy and undiciplined play by the O from time to time did us in.

This was a miserable team loss with some exciting highlight reel.

Once again that stinking, achy kind of feeling returns to my stomach. Only the Eagles can cause this lousy feeling. I wait all off season ... for this ?

Bleah !

koolaidluke
You have to keep in mind the D is probably going to improve as the season goes on.

In 2011 the Eagles D started out horrible but they ended up finishing in the top 10.
Chip Kelly
What's Peyton Manning going to do against this d?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 15 2013, 04:45 PM) *
To have one team with 2 units so completely out of sync with each other is a rare oddity.

This O, supporte by our D, is a complete and utter mismatch. One just eradicates whatever good the other does. Might as well have both units stinkiing up the joint to give us shots at high draft picks.

SD time of possession imbalance is a disgrace. You can't win games with that kind of disgusting performance.

That, and just some sloppy and undiciplined play by the O from time to time did us in.

This was a miserable team loss with some exciting highlight reel.

Once again that stinking, achy kind of feeling returns to my stomach. Only the Eagles can cause this lousy feeling. I wait all off season ... for this ?

Bleah !

I think today's game is pretty much what we should expect this year. We'll come out on top sometimes, other times not. Kelly really screwed up with the timeouts (did Andy leave a clock management manual for him in his office?), but certainly the loss wasn't on him. The defense is pathetic.

On the bright side, we saw again how Vick and McCoy can really thrive in this offense, if he stays healthy.
samaroo
Boca, we're not gonna win the ToP game at all anymore. But it really surprised me that SD ram more plays than we did. That's definitely not in the gameplan.

But our D didn't help that very much. Ugh.
Phits
There was a stark difference in the tempo of this game vs week 1. That being said, it is only week 2.....the D was as bad as it can get and we still almost scraped out a win. Plenty to build on.
D Rock
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 15 2013, 08:47 PM) *
You have to keep in mind the D is probably going to improve as the season goes on.

How? The unit has no talent. They're not going to find any talent supplements in their personalized smoothies next week.
D Rock
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Sep 15 2013, 08:49 PM) *
What's Peyton Manning going to do against this d?

Light it up.
D Rock
QUOTE (samaroo @ Sep 15 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Boca, we're not gonna win the ToP game at all anymore. But it really surprised me that SD ram more plays than we did. That's definitely not in the gameplan.

But our D didn't help that very much. Ugh.

You can't run plays when you're sitting on the sideline.
JeeQ
The Good: The offense put up 30 points in less than 20 minutes and had chances for much more

The Bad: The defense was on the field for the other 40 of those minutes

The Ugly: The other teams offense put up 33 points, more yardage, and ran more plays

A few stops would've changed this game entirely. The true telling stat is that Philip Rivers was 9/13 on 3rd Down. That is downright scary; nearly legendary. That means in forty minutes of play time we only managed to hold them on 4 drives. Yikes.

The D has to find a way to get off the field. It has to find a semblance of a pass rush somewhere, anywhere, and it has to cut Nate Allen immediately.
D Rock
We forced them to punt exactly once.

One punt in a full game of football.

ONE.
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 15 2013, 09:30 PM) *
Light it up.

More than 7 TD passes? I could see it.
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 15 2013, 09:29 PM) *
How? The unit has no talent. They're not going to find any talent supplements in their personalized smoothies next week.

Thank you. Our defense may be even worse than I thought it would be. I guess we were very lucky to catch RG3 when he was so rusty.
koolaidluke
I think the D has a lot of talent. Boykin looks like a player and Fletcher can play if he can stay healthy. Williams is a mediocre corner which is worth a lot in the NFL. At ILB, Kendricks is at least decent and Ryans is very good. For pass rushers Trent Cole can still play and Barwin is very good. On the DL, Sopagoa is a good run player and both Cox and Thornton can make plays in the running and passing games.

It's early in the season against an elite offense and they were on the field the entire game. People are angry about all the yards they let up but if you look at Kelly's defenses at Oregon they also allowed a million yards a game but kept the other teams points under control. The only difference is that in college opposing kickers start missing a lot of field goals once you get past 30 yards so the whole "bend but don't break" philosophy is more effective at that level.

They need to get everybody on the same page in their redzone coverage but they are light years ahead of where they were at the end of last season.

And the reality is that when you give an elite offense the ball for 40 minutes they are going to put up a lot of points unless you have Seattle's defense, and maybe even then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.