Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it OK to body slam a QB
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
when he's passing?
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2013, 04:02 PM) *
when he's passing?

I thought they had rules against that, maybe the FedEx refs that were on the job yesterday forgot it.

sucks, because that was the moment that killed the drive.
mcnabbulous
Apparently if Chip had called a timeout he could have stayed in the game. Chip didn't know that was the case.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 16 2013, 02:42 PM) *
Apparently if Chip had called a timeout he could have stayed in the game. Chip didn't know that was the case.

'doh
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 16 2013, 10:42 AM) *

The question isn't about him staying in the game, it's about a roughing call. The DE picked him up and slammed him into the turf while/after he was throwing. Not running, throwing. He didn't tackle him, he picked him up and body slammed him into the turf. I may be whining but isn't that roughing?
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 16 2013, 11:39 PM) *
The question isn't about him staying in the game, it's about a roughing call. The DE picked him up and slammed him into the turf while/after he was throwing. Not running, throwing. He didn't tackle him, he picked him up and body slammed him into the turf. I may be whining but isn't that roughing?

Was no different than what Kendricks did to RG3 in week 1.

Boom
D Rock
Zero
Don't confuse me with facts.
nephillymike
There's got to be some legal hard hits on the QB. As long as they call it both ways.

Play ball. Hit hard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.