Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damned if you do......
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
"I didn't mind it Monday night," McCoy said this week, per Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com. "I think we can do a better job rotating because it's a long season. I don't think I need to have the ball 31, 32 times in a game for us to be a successful offense. We have too many different weapons."

McCoy is on pace for 496 attempts, which easily would break the NFL single-season record of 416 set by Larry Johnson in 2006

LINK

It's only been 1 game, extrapolating the stats for an entire course of a season is a bit extreme. by the same token, should we expect Peyton Manning to have 84TD's this season? We should t least wait until week 2....

To make matters worse, it was just a couple of months ago Shady didn't care who the QB was he just wanted his touches...

LINK

I'm thinking he is more concerned with his ability to maintain the frenetic pace vs the actual number of touches per game. However, it just goes to show that, sometimes, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 13 2013, 01:07 PM) *
LINK

It's only been 1 game, extrapolating the stats for an entire course of a season is a bit extreme. by the same token, should we expect Peyton Manning to have 84TD's this season? We should t least wait until week 2....

To make matters worse, it was just a couple of months ago Shady didn't care who the QB was he just wanted his touches...

LINK

I'm thinking he is more concerned with his ability to maintain the frenetic pace vs the actual number of touches per game. However, it just goes to show that, sometimes, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

As effective as our off game plan was, we didn't even tap McCoy's pass catching talents. He only caught one for five yards. That's anotr weapon in our arsenal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.