Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles % Chance to Win Division
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Was thinking that this division is up for grabs. If it was all even, the Eagles would have a 25% shot at the division.

Before last week, I would have put those odds at about 20% for the Birds.

After seeing the Chip show, and the D with some teeth in it, and the Dal-NYG game, I would raise that up to 30% shot. Maybe too optimistic, but I believe it is there for the taking.
Jax
I think you are in the right range but I think still at the bottom of the range.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 11 2013, 08:15 PM) *
Was thinking that this division is up for grabs. If it was all even, the Eagles would have a 25% shot at the division.

After seeing the Chip show, and the D with some teeth in it, and the Dal-NYG game, I would raise that up to 30% shot. Maybe too optimistic, but I believe it is there for the taking.

Vegas Vic had the Birds at 50-1 to win the SB prior to the start of the season. He has now moved that line down to 30-1 after the win over the deadskins. Some national books even have the Birds at 25-1 now.

Now, what happens to that line if the Birds win their home opener? Or worse, what happens to that line if they lose?

What happens, if anything, to your 30% if they win? And what happens, if anything, to your 30% if they lose?
Bocadelphia Eagles John
It's a moving, not a static, target.

As it stands today, I'd give the birds a 50/50 shot at taking the division.

Week by week my instinctive feeling about this will ... not, might ... will ... change.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!
mcnabbulous
My expectations are significantly higher after this past week.

I'd just like to remind everyone what happened the last time the Cowboys defensive coordinator faced off against Chip.

730 yards, 62 points

I have a feeling Monte isn't looking forward to another go 'round.
xsv
0% chance we win the division this year. I'd say we're probably only about 5% chance we get to .500.

Loved this game, and it was a lot of fun, but lets not get carried away. Washington is a long way away from being as good as Dallas or NY.

Next year, I'll give us a fighting chance.

mcnabbulous
Huh? Wash won the division last year. I'm not sure I understand the logic.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2013, 11:27 PM) *
Huh? Wash won the division last year. I'm not sure I understand the logic.

I guess if you mean that Washington sucks, and see, they won the division last year, so we might be able to win this year, then I can see that.

But, Washington sucks. Seriously. We might have no chance of winning the division this year, but they don't either.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 11 2013, 11:41 PM) *
I guess if you mean that Washington sucks, and see, they won the division last year, so we might be able to win this year, then I can see that.

But, Washington sucks. Seriously. We might have no chance of winning the division this year, but they don't either.

What's so great about the Gnats or the Boys? I watched them play each other and both clearly have questionable Ds and the Gnats just picked up Brandon Jacobs off the street...who is the world beater in this division? It is up for grabs, I actually think talent wise we match up well.
Jax
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 12 2013, 12:12 AM) *
What's so great about the Gnats or the Boys? I watched them play each other and both clearly have questionable Ds and the Gnats just picked up Brandon Jacobs off the street...who is the world beater in this division? It is up for grabs, I actually think talent wise we match up well.

That I agree with. However, even if we pull out the division, which I am not betting on, then we still aren't ready to compete with San Fran and a couple other teams. So, if winning a division is a big deal then I guess it is worth discussing but I just have my sights set higher for the Eagles.
xsv
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 12 2013, 12:12 AM) *

I guess it's just my impression, not supported by facts in this case.

I'm much more worried about Dallas and NY than I am about Washington.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 12 2013, 10:00 AM) *
I guess it's just my impression, not supported by facts in this case.

I'm much more worried about Dallas and NY than I am about Washington.

Considering this is a rebuilding year for us and neither of them makes the prospects that much more enticing. I am just going to sit back and watch for now, we should have a better idea about this team after the Denver game.
nephillymike
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 11 2013, 10:15 PM) *
0% chance we win the division this year. I'd say we're probably only about 5% chance we get to .500.

Loved this game, and it was a lot of fun, but lets not get carried away. Washington is a long way away from being as good as Dallas or NY.

Next year, I'll give us a fighting chance.

I think this is as down as I've ever heard you on the Eagles. The fact it is happening after a win vs. the division chanps and division favorites on the road is more puzzling. 0% to win division. 5% to .500?

Geez. I know my odds only have a 30% chance but geez,I think the dislike of Vick has got your outlook much too much pessimistic.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 11 2013, 08:15 PM) *

At this specific point in time, we're clearly the best in the division. The Giants looked absolutely dreadful, the Cowboys eeked out a win against the dreadful Giants, and we beat Washington. This could change in a heartbeat, the same way Vegas is being so bipolar about us now. For now, until proven otherwise, I'd say we have the greatest chance.

It's funny listening to WIP callers change their predictions on our win total - one guy said we're going undefeated. Another said 12-4, but we lose in the first round. rolleyes.gif
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 12 2013, 02:37 PM) *
I think this is as down as I've ever heard you on the Eagles. The fact it is happening after a win vs. the division chanps and division favorites on the road is more puzzling. 0% to win division. 5% to .500?

Geez. I know my odds only have a 30% chance but geez,I think the dislike of Vick has got your outlook much too much pessimistic.

I'm actually more optimistic after this game than I was previously. I now think we have a glimmer of hope for getting to .500 (albeit, not much). I'm very excited about the direction of the team. I think we hit rock bottom, and are starting to bounce back.

But one game, especially against what looks to be a dreadful Washington team, does not a season make.

I think our defense is still one of the worst in the league.
I think opposing defenses will catch up to our offense, to a point.
I think that most opposing offenses aren't going to turn the ball over 4 times per game.
I think Vick will be injured in the very near future, and until he is, I think he'l make some boneheaded plays that will cost us games.
I think that kid Poyer is going to start at some point and will get torched.
I think that if Peters or Johnson goes down, we're in big trouble on the o line.
I think we're thin at every position except RB.

FWIW, I half expected to beat Washington, and I still have us at 6-10.
D Rock
On paper, Washington is the best team in the division.

That doesn't take into account that RG3 is coming off a knee injury.

Their D was top 5ish last season, and if RG3 is half the guy he was as a ROOKIE, they're still a very good team. They got Davis back. They got PeeInTheAir Garcon back. And the typical "1st to 2nd year jump" for Alfred Morris.

They played poorly in the first half. Blame that on the knee and no preseason for the QB. But to say they stink, is way off base IMO.

The vagiants and boiz do nothing for me. Neither has a Defense to worry about beyond a star pass rusher. Eli is consistently inconsistent and Romo a card carrying choke artist.

This division is indeed up for grabs. I aint saying we're gonna grab it. But you can't dismiss the possibility either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.