Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jaws has a show on 97.5 at 6 PM on Wed
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He said he noticed when watching the game how bad London Fletcher looked.

Then he watched the tape and understood why.

Fletcher had to choose and whatever he chose, they ran the play the opposite of what he thought. He said he was in a no win position.

He said in all of his years in watching film, he has never seen anything like this. The spacing, the wide open holes.

I respect him, Baldi and R. Diddy in their film analysis and listening to Jaws gush over this offense, who doesn't dish out praise easily, was the most impressive thing I've heard.

Did anyone else hear the show?

I missed some of the middle of the show as I had a work call to take.
mcnabbulous
Didn't hear the show but I read something similar today. May have been IBM.

Basically it was that with the 3 options (handoff, QB keeper, pass), the defense has to make a choice, but they can't ever make the right choice, because the offense bases the play off the defense's decision.

It's truly exciting thinking of the possibilities. I'm okay knowing we are the first team doing things this way smile.gif
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 11 2013, 08:06 PM) *
He said he noticed when watching the game how bad London Fletcher looked.

Then he watched the tape and understood why.

Fletcher had to choose and whatever he chose, they ran the play the opposite of what he thought. He said he was in a no win position.

He said in all of his years in watching film, he has never seen anything like this. The spacing, the wide open holes.

I respect him, Baldi and R. Diddy in their film analysis and listening to Jaws gush over this offense, who doesn't dish out praise easily, was the most impressive thing I've heard.

Did anyone else hear the show?

I missed some of the middle of the show as I had a work call to take.

I heard it and he sounded genuinely surprised and pleased by what he saw, and if I remember correctly he was one who predicted Kelly would not succeed at the NFL level. Now he sees that it is an O unlike any other he has seen. He said a good QB under a normal O coordinator will get a play that works about 50% of the time, elite QBs around 65%. With this O that goes way up because the play is not defined until after the ball is snapped, see what the D commits to and then hit their weak spot.

He pointed out the first four plays were aligned exactly the same way in the first and second drives of the game, showing the same 'play' look. On second down (where Vick hit Celek for the big gain the first time) Fletcher went after Celek so this time Vick handed off to Shady instead. Simple, yet effective. When he said, "Vick doesn't know if it's a pass or a run until after the snap," which summed it up quite nicely.

I am hoping we are just watching the start of a new approach to pro football, because this shit is just too damned fun.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 11 2013, 07:39 PM) *
I heard it and he sounded genuinely surprised and pleased by what he saw, and if I remember correctly he was one who predicted Kelly would not succeed at the NFL level. Now he sees that it is an O unlike any other he has seen. He said a good QB under a normal O coordinator will get a play that works about 50% of the time, elite QBs around 65%. With this O that goes way up because the play is not defined until after the ball is snapped, see what the D commits to and then hit their weak spot.

He pointed out the first four plays were aligned exactly the same way in the first and second drives of the game, showing the same 'play' look. On second down (where Vick hit Celek for the big gain the first time) Fletcher went after Celek so this time Vick handed off to Shady instead. Simple, yet effective. When he said, "Vick doesn't know if it's a pass or a run until after the snap," which summed it up quite nicely.

I am hoping we are just watching the start of a new approach to pro football, because this shit is just too damned fun.

Thanks BW, that's exactly what he said. Great stuff
samaroo
This is too much fun. I don't remember being this excited about our Birds since when i was a kid watching Randall run around!
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Holy Moly, that there is some AWESOME account to hear ! .... Wow !

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!
Zero
Here's the link to Jaw's show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.