Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 49-28. I died and went to heaven!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
49 called runs vs. 28 called passes.

What a joy it was to watch.

Kept Vick to a manageable load, not the chuck and duck of the prior regime.

Remember those games when Shady used to run the ball only 6 times and we'd ask why? Remember how we were told the run didn't matter anymore in the NFL, as it was a passing league?

Chip has made the run relevant again!!!

Thank You!!
Zero
Pass the damn ball, Chip!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 10 2013, 08:38 PM) *
Remember those games when Shady used to run the ball only 6 times and we'd ask why? Remember how we were told the run didn't matter anymore in the NFL, as it was a passing league?

The Chiefs can deal with that problem now. The Reid apologists have once again been proven completely and utterly wrong. If the Walrus had called this kind of offense with McNabb under center we'd have 3 rings. Thank you Chip!

jumpclap.gif
mcnabbulous
"If only Reid had run an offense that no one in NFL history had considered running until Monday night! Then we'd have 3 rings!!!!"

Rational standards from a rational mind.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2013, 09:04 AM) *
"If only Reid had run an offense that no one in NFL history had considered running until Monday night! Then we'd have 3 rings!!!!"

Rational standards from a rational mind.

Thank you, it's good to see you begin to recover from Reid-apologism.

Any 'timely' news articles for me to smack down with ease today?
mcnabbulous
As we all pat ourselves on the back, talking about how this offense was the surefire key to winning multiple titles, lets take a trip down memory lane and find out what our resident Nostradamus thought when learning about the Chip hiring...

QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jan 16 2013, 12:16 PM) *
God I hate Jeff Lurie

Well golly, that sure doesn't sound like the words of someone that thought Chip was a brilliant hire. Nor someone that thought "this kind of offense" would work in the NFL.

But hey, how'd your top choice for head coach fare this past weekend? Thought so.

I'm done here.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Well golly, that sure doesn't sound like the words of someone that thought Chip was a brilliant hire.

I didn't, I hated it at first (do you have a job? do you have time to look up 2 month old posts?). I wanted Gus Bradley. But more than anything, I wanted Andy Reid gone even if a monkey was hired as coach, while Reid-apologists were telling us about how he just needed a QB 'for the first time ever.' rolleyes.gif

Kelly has won most of us over, and if there was one thing he proved Monday, it was what we've all been saying for years - don't be predictable, and use our all-pro RB, and we win. And yes, I'm gonna take every chance I can to remind you of this all season long.

I know you'll be rooting for the Chiefs in week 3, right? C'mon admit it.
D Rock
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Useless...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 11 2013, 11:03 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Useless...

Oh look, it's past 8am on the West Coast, time for DCock to wake up and grace us with his useless presence.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 11 2013, 03:19 PM) *
Oh look, it's past 8am on the West Coast, time for DCock to wake up and grace us with his useless presence.

DCock?

Wow. That's how you get the Big $$$, with a rapier wit like that. Don't quit your day job, dipshit.

rolleyes.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 11 2013, 02:25 PM) *
DCock?

It has a nice ring to it, eh asshole? And it describes you perfectly. All by changing one letter in your self-styled name. I'm glad to see you woke up from your nap to grace us with your useless presence again. wub.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 11 2013, 06:31 PM) *
It has a nice ring to it, eh

I suppose. For a moron, at least.

Bring it all day, fucktard. I find the fact that I've clearly rented so much space in your otherwise empty dome to be most enjoyable.

laugh.gif

(wait for it, folks. here comes another stupid ass response that has absolutely nothing to do with football)
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 11 2013, 02:35 PM) *
Bring it all day, fucktard. I find the fact that I've clearly rented so much space in your otherwise empty dome to be most enjoyable.

If you'll notice, you've been following me. It's ok, I've met several mental midgets online who need the self-esteem boost to your life which consists of waking up at 8, taking a nap at 11, waking up again at 2, and making a couple hit-and-run stops on a football board. *yawn* I pity you. rolleyes.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 11 2013, 11:09 AM) *
Pass the damn ball, Chip!

You git! Beat me to it! biggrin.gif

But how nice is it to have a coach who doesn't just run the ball but believes in the run and will stick with it as long as it's working?
Bez
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 11 2013, 09:19 AM) *
I didn't, I hated it at first (do you have a job? do you have time to look up 2 month old posts?). I wanted Gus Bradley. But more than anything, I wanted Andy Reid gone even if a monkey was hired as coach, while Reid-apologists were telling us about how he just needed a QB 'for the first time ever.' rolleyes.gif

Kelly has won most of us over, and if there was one thing he proved Monday, it was what we've all been saying for years - don't be predictable, and use our all-pro RB, and we win. And yes, I'm gonna take every chance I can to remind you of this all season long.

I know you'll be rooting for the Chiefs in week 3, right? C'mon admit it.

Between a rock and a hard place. cool.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 11 2013, 06:38 PM) *
If you'll notice, you've been following me. It's ok, I've met several mental midgets online who need the self-esteem boost to your life which consists of waking up at 8, taking a nap at 11, waking up again at 2, and making a couple hit-and-run stops on a football board. *yawn* I pity you. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for proving my point. I'm clearly in your empty head. You simply can't leave me alone. OR post anything football related.

Perhaps if you had any semblance of a life you'd not spend all day, everyday posting non football related material on a a football board. Then your time here could be a bit more "hit-and-run" too.

Here's a tip. Close the browser. Turn off the fox news. Go for a walk. Maybe you'll find something out there more enjoyable than jumping up and down in cyber space like an angry fucking lunatic on a message board.

Pity me if it pleases you. Me thinks it's all you have to keep you from crying in your cornflakes.

HOUSEoPAIN
Wow, you woke up from your third nap already to drop by and grace us with your useless presence again? Did your social worker wake you up by knocking really loud? You seem to be in a bad mood, try getting a job (and no, following me on a football board doesn't count). laugh.gif laugh.gif
koolaidluke
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 11 2013, 04:02 PM) *
Wow, you woke up from your third nap already to drop by and grace us with your useless presence again? Did your social worker wake you up by knocking really loud? You seem to be in a bad mood, try getting a job (and no, following me on a football board doesn't count). laugh.gif laugh.gif

There is a certain type of man that always needs to have the last word.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 10 2013, 07:38 PM) *
Remember those games when Shady used to run the ball only 6 times and we'd ask why?

You mean 11?
Too soon?
Chip Kelly
I don't think this one is on Kelly. The offense did good, the d couldn't stop shit.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Sep 15 2013, 03:29 PM) *
I don't think this one is on Kelly. The offense did good, the d couldn't stop shit.

For the record, I don't either. I've just been dealing with idiots for the past few years.
Chip Kelly
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2013, 04:32 PM) *
For the record, I don't either. I've just been dealing with idiots for the past few years.

I do think he could have handled the last minute better with the timeout thing, but other than that, he had a good day.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 11 2013, 10:15 AM) *
But hey, how'd your top choice for head coach fare this past weekend? Thought so.

Who was Housie's top choice?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Sep 15 2013, 03:36 PM) *
I do think he could have handled the last minute better with the timeout thing, but other than that, he had a good day.

If your defense can't get off the field, you are going to have a tough time winning football games. I'm just one of the few around here who doesn't think an arbitrary number of Lesean carries guarantees victory.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 15 2013, 03:38 PM) *
Who was Housie's top choice?

Gus.
And not to toot my own horn (actually that's exactly what I'm gonna do because I'm an arrogant prick) mine was McCoy.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2013, 04:41 PM) *
Gus.
And not to toot my own horn (actually that's exactly what I'm gonna do because I'm an arrogant prick) mine was McCoy.

Awesome, looks like you're ready for the big time. So, did you wear your Chiefs jersey today? We had a game at 1, unfortunately we lost.
chefalan23
28 pass plays called, and VICK THROWS FOR RECORD NUMBERS! Not to mention, he has no picks and had a record day with no fumbles. Imagine if we still had maclin. Defense needs to get their shit together, quickly.

Also, anyone who was lobbying for foles in the off season should feel like a shit smashing retard right now.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 15 2013, 03:51 PM) *
Awesome, looks like you're ready for the big time. So, did you wear your Chiefs jersey today? We had a game at 1, unfortunately we lost.

It truly must suck for you that every week you have to deal with everything you say being proven more and more stupid.
Unless you are so dumb that you can't acknowledge it.
So I guess you're probably doing alright.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Chip Kelly @ Sep 15 2013, 04:29 PM) *

True. As you can see, the Reid apologists get smoked out here pretty easily, and like to call names in lieu of having an argument to fall back on. I'd have liked to see McCoy run more today, but obviously the defense was to blame.
Dr. Claw
QUOTE (chefalan23 @ Sep 15 2013, 04:53 PM) *
28 pass plays called, and VICK THROWS FOR RECORD NUMBERS! Not to mention, he has no picks and had a record day with no fumbles. Imagine if we still had maclin. Defense needs to get their shit together, quickly.

Also, anyone who was lobbying for foles in the off season should feel like a shit smashing retard right now.

I think today was another step in proving that Chip Kelly and Michael Vick are a match made in heaven. The Eagles need another Vick (particularly in the passing game, where his strengths lie). His reputation is the main reason defenses are scared enough to let him run like they did today. what is quickly becoming apparent is that the way Vick passes works best in this uptempo offense design. I blinked a couple of times and there was TD from Vick.

That being said, 30 points and NO turnovers ... and you still lose, something is definitely wrong. I still think the game was winnable despite the few offensive mistakes, but there was one in particular that really sunk them, and that was the absence of a run play while they were in the red zone to kill clock and/or get closer to the end zone (Foles was in on that play). even if the TD failed, they would have kicked the FG with much less time on the clock to tie it.

going back to your original comment however... when you DON'T expect Vick to be Superman, good things happen.
Zero
QUOTE (Dr. Claw @ Sep 15 2013, 05:14 PM) *
... something is definitely wrong.

We knew this was likely to happen. The defense needs experience in the 3-4 and more players. The safeties are horrible ... again, we knew that. The CBs are limited. Carey plays good sometimes and then turns into a penalty machine again, Boykin is glue, then there's nothing.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2013, 10:21 PM) *
We knew this was likely to happen. The defense needs experience in the 3-4 and more players. The safeties are horrible ... again, we knew that. The CBs are limited. Carey plays good sometimes and then turns into a penalty machine again, Boykin is glue, then there's nothing.

Fuck experience.

This defense needs players with some talent. No pass rush and no coverage, leads to a bad SD offense looking like an actual NFL unit.

King Dunlap owned Trent all day but for a single play. KING DUNLAP!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.