Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kudos to Howie
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
I have been plenty critical of Howie over the past few years, but he wanted Chip for all the reasons that we saw on display last night. Chip has a chance to truly innovate the game and Howie believed in him more than anyone.

Our organization can be criticized at times, but the one thing they are is forward thinking. Despite many complaints about Andy's pass happy ways, the reality is that the league moved in that direction and Andy was at the forefront of that movement.

Chip's innovations are another, greater example of that mindset.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 10 2013, 02:13 PM) *
I have been plenty critical of Howie over the past few years, but he wanted Chip for all the reasons that we saw on display last night. Chip has a chance to truly innovate the game and Howie believed in him more than anyone.

Our organization can be criticized at times, but the one thing they are is forward thinking. Despite many complaints about Andy's pass happy ways, the reality is that the league moved in that direction and Andy was at the forefront of that movement.

Chip's innovations are another, greater example of that mindset.

Agreed
Phits
cheers.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 10 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Despite many complaints about Andy's pass happy ways, the reality is that the league moved in that direction and Andy was at the forefront of that movement.

The league moved in that direction, and Andy followed. During our best years, he called his fewest amount of passes. 2005 is when he really started to pass more and more, and of course beyond that to his finale, a 4-12 debacle.

I'll hold my breath until a bunch of players/coaches call Chip Kelly 'predictable.' rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.