Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now it Gets Interesting
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
So Washington and New York are now down a game in the division with losses to divisional opponents. And next week they play the Packers and the Broncos respectively. Yeowtch! Philly and Dallas face San Diego and KC, which will NOT be pushovers, but not exactly world beaters either. I'll be curious to see if we end up with two 2-0 teams next week, being trailed by two 0-2 teams.
nephillymike
That works for me!!
Jax
I am not predicting it, but i will not be at all surprised if KC is the sleeper team of the first half of the season and jumps out to a really fast start. I could see KC coming to town and whooping us. Not because they are a lot better but I think it is setup as an easy game for them to play.
iggleslover49
Dallas looked pretty sloppy against the Giants. No way they win if they play KC like that. And I believe Ried knows that team moreso than Dallas knows KC. Sorry Dreagon, I see us beating the chargers at home and ya'll losing to KC. And das not outta hate for the Cowboys. Das just outta respect for KC and what they did in week 1. The jags DID REALLY stink up the place too though... And Dallas D was beasting too though.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 9 2013, 10:51 PM) *
So Washington and New York are now down a game in the division with losses to divisional opponents. And next week they play the Packers and the Broncos respectively. Yeowtch! Philly and Dallas face San Diego and KC, which will NOT be pushovers, but not exactly world beaters either. I'll be curious to see if we end up with two 2-0 teams next week, being trailed by two 0-2 teams.

Or better yet, 2 teams being 0-2, one team being 1-1 and the other team being 2-0.

Take a wild guess which team I want being 1-1, and which one I want being 2-0.

E

A

G

L

E

S

E A G L E S !!!
TGryn
We were 3-1 at the end of September last year, as I recall. Then the wheels fell off.
koolaidluke
The Jags are so terrible that KCs opening day win means nothing. Opening games don't mean that much in general because teams are so out of sorts but KCs win over Jacksonville was extra meaningless because of how awful Jacksonville is.

You have to figure KC beats Dallas because the Cowboys are the same bums they have been every year during Garrett's reign of mediocrity and Reid knows the Cowboys.

The Chargers game, who knows? The Eagles are big favorites but I think it is the ultimate pick-em game. Could go either way for sure.
Jax
QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 10 2013, 01:05 PM) *
We were 3-1 at the end of September last year, as I recall. Then the wheels fell off.

Sure were. Shows how little that means.
Jax
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 10 2013, 01:38 PM) *
The Jags are so terrible that KCs opening day win means nothing. Opening games don't mean that much in general because teams are so out of sorts but KCs win over Jacksonville was extra meaningless because of how awful Jacksonville is.

You have to figure KC beats Dallas because the Cowboys are the same bums they have been every year during Garrett's reign of mediocrity and Reid knows the Cowboys.

The Chargers game, who knows? The Eagles are big favorites but I think it is the ultimate pick-em game. Could go either way for sure.

The Jags are terrible however I do think KC is a decent team. No longer the doormat of the last few years.

Eagles could win or lose to SD. I agree there. Hopefully we can play well again!
SAM I Am
QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 10 2013, 01:05 PM) *

If that happens this year, Chipper might not be around for 2014.

I don't think the win totals will matter a whole lot this year to Jeffie as much as continued improvement throughout the season, but I seriously doubt that starting at 3-1 and then only winning 1 more along the way would be his or anyone's idea of continued improvement.
D Rock
Neither win impressed me.

A top pop warner team could beat the jags, and the cowgirls needed 6 turnovers to bArElY beat the vagiants.

I'd be very careful about feeling either team has proven anything yet beyond being able to beat dog shit teams or accept gifts handed to them.

Same goes for our own win. The foreskinz were terrible in the first half. TERRIBLE. The fact that we didn't have a 50 point lead by end of the 3rd quarter gives me pause.

samaroo

QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 10 2013, 12:05 PM) *

Damn, talk about a wet blanket! laugh.gif

I was originally very upset that we let them hang around after owning them for so long, but i feel better about it now. I think Chip let up purposefully, playing the clock game. I also think he learned a lesson from that last night. As in, don't do it. I don't think we'll have to worry too much about a coach who goes for it on fourth down on the first drive of the first game of his NFL career with no hesitation.
JeeQ
QUOTE (TGryn @ Sep 10 2013, 10:05 AM) *

With a win over the future Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens at that...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.