Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bullshit
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
First piece of BS of the Chip era
Dreagon
Yeah, but the Redskins didn't earn that. You guys moved the ball and then just had a screwup. So far the Redskins haven't shown nothing.

Update: 10-7 and Washington still ain't showed nothing. So far, you guys are dominating this game.
bwc2112
Total bullshit! incomplete pass any other team.
:puke
mcnabbulous
My god this is fun though.
Jax
Total BS is right. That was a huge call
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 07:30 PM) *
My god this is fun though.

Indeed.

It's hard to imagine that they can maintain this kind of pace for the season.
mcnabbulous
Well I certainly don't expect 4 turnovers every quarter either.

I'll say this, had Vick played well, this game could be a blowout. Lots of errant passes and poor decisions, excluding the fumble.
bwc2112
Mike said it best, our worst enemies are the refs and ourselves.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 08:05 PM) *
Well I certainly don't expect 4 turnovers every quarter either.

I'll say this, had Vick played well, this game could be a blowout. Lots of errant passes and poor decisions, excluding the fumble.

yeah...he is having a terrible game...too funny
bwc2112
Well the refs gave them 7
We came back and ran green hell on them.
Not bad for week one.
The machine needs a tweek, although, I am impressed.
This could be something..............
cheers.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 9 2013, 07:58 PM) *
yeah...he is having a terrible game...too funny

Yeah cause I said he was terrible. My god your shtick is the worst. I've been one of the biggest Vick supporters on this board.
He missed a wide open Cooper twice and had a bad throw to Ertz and Celek each. His two TD's have been beautiful.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 09:06 PM) *
Yeah cause I said he was terrible. My god your shtick is the worst. I've been one of the biggest Vick supporters on this board.
He missed a wide open Cooper twice and had a bad throw to Ertz and Celek each. His two TD's have been beautiful.

much like Gruden you should have quit before the silliness of the 'wide open" Cooper....the replay clearly showed the safety come over...throwing that ball would have been a pick.....if he did anything wrong tonight it was taking too many hits....but he played a strong game under control.....and there is no schtick...I leave that to the wannabe "experts" here...
xsv
He didn't have a great game. But it wasn't terrible, either. I thought it was a mostly consistent performance that we haven't see very often from him. I'd welcome more of the same.

Unfortunately, I think he's got a pulled groin now, or worse, a sports hernia, and I think he'll be affected by it from this point on.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 08:06 PM) *

I thought he looked pretty good, and I'm not a huge Vick fan. I think running McCoy as much as you guys did helped his game a whole lot. He didn't throw any interceptions, and the only mistakes he really needed to work on was finding his hot read when there was a blitz...that killed him a few times.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 10 2013, 09:43 AM) *
Unfortunately, I think he's got a pulled groin now, or worse, a sports hernia, and I think he'll be affected by it from this point on.

Is there any actual substance/news behind this, or is this just a typical xsv "I feel like bitching about something, just for the sake of bitching about it" type post we can come to expect every week?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 10 2013, 09:43 AM) *
He didn't have a great game. But it wasn't terrible, either. I thought it was a mostly consistent performance that we haven't see very often from him. I'd welcome more of the same.

Regardless of all this, I haven't had this much fun watching an Eagles game in years. Kelly just became the most popular guy in the city. I don't think I've ever seen a coach ice his own kicker, but apart from that, we're looking to have an exciting year.
xsv
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 10 2013, 10:09 AM) *
Is there any actual substance/news behind this, or is this just a typical xsv "I feel like bitching about something, just for the sake of bitching about it" type post we can come to expect every week?

It's odd to me that you see this post as me bitching.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 10 2013, 10:12 AM) *
Regardless of all this, I haven't had this much fun watching an Eagles game in years. Kelly just became the most popular guy in the city. I don't think I've ever seen a coach ice his own kicker, but apart from that, we're looking to have an exciting year.

It certainly has been a long time since I've had this much enthusiasm as an Eagles fan.
xsv
Is there any actual substance/news behind this...

I specifically said, "I think he's got a pulled groin now, or worse, a sports hernia,"

He was definitely gimpy after that long scramble, I think it was late in the 3rd. He was limping for the rest of the game, and repeatedly grabbed his groin while limping around the field. The announcers noticed and commented on it. No, I have not heard any news of this since last night, but I'm pretty sure he'll be listed on the injury report this week.

Did you not see the game?
koolaidluke

lol wut?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 9 2013, 11:39 PM) *
much like Gruden you should have quit before the silliness of the 'wide open" Cooper....the replay clearly showed the safety come over...throwing that ball would have been a pick.....if he did anything wrong tonight it was taking too many hits....but he played a strong game under control.....and there is no schtick...I leave that to the wannabe "experts" here...

The beauty of watching the game and coming to my own conclusions is that I don't have to worry about what Jon Gruden has to say. I can observe for myself that Vick going 6-13 in the first quarter is less than ideal. I can see that when he actually throws the ball and misses receivers running open, that he can do better. No - not the pass attempt to Ertz that Gruden mistakenly identified as Cooper being open when the safety crept into the shot late.
So despite your arrogant, yet familiar assertions, I'm quite confident Vick can perform far better than he did in the first half of that game. I like to believe that he was a little over excited, because he did calm down mid way through the second quarter, but he left a bunch of points on the field in the first half.
Jax

I didn't read that as bitching, just as some concern that the good play we got from Vick may be short lived.
xsv
From rotoworld (I know, not the best source, but it's the first place I checked)

Michael Vick was spotted "hobbling" following Monday night's win over the Redskins.
Vick was not hurt, but he certainly got banged up. He was really slow to get up following a 36-yard scramble in the second half and appeared to tweak a groin muscle. He also took a lot of shots on his shoulders throughout the night as sliding is simply not in his repertoire. Vick will be fine for Chip Kelly's home debut against the Chargers in Week 2, but it's disappointing he's already limping around. The fantasy sleeper turned gold has missed 13 games over the last three years.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Yeah, I know, all I do is make shit up for the sake of bitching.

He could be just fine, but he definitely at least 'tweaked' his groin. And I know from experience that groin injuries tend to linger, and often turn into hernias, which require surgery.
koolaidluke
I thought Vick played very well, very efficient. It's games like this that are evidence that Vick is indeed capable of running a short pass offense but he was just misused by Reid/Marty.

As for the TD passes, one was a busted coverage by the Redskins but the second was one of those throws that pretty much online Vick can make.

Even though the Chargers are a pretty mediocre team on both sides of the ball I think the Eagles game against them will tell us more about this team. Opening day is often kind of weird and the Redskins D is awful. Do it again against SD and I'm a believer.
koolaidluke
We have a pretty good backup on the bench. I think Vick will be okay though.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 10 2013, 10:34 AM) *
Even though the Chargers are a pretty mediocre team on both sides of the ball I think the Eagles game against them will tell us more about this team.

Vegas certainly overreacted to opening night. We're 7.5 point favorites over SD - I'd take it if I had to bet, but that's a pretty fucking huge line for a 4-12 team that just became 1-0.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 10 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Vegas certainly overreacted to opening night. We're 7.5 point favorites over SD - I'd take it if I had to bet, but that's a pretty fucking huge line for a 4-12 team that just became 1-0.

Yeah, and event though they gave up a huge lead, it's not like they lost to a crappy team. Huston is pretty damn good.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 10 2013, 10:33 AM) *
From rotoworld (I know, not the best source, but it's the first place I checked)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Yeah, I know, all I do is make shit up for the sake of bitching.

He could be just fine, but he definitely at least 'tweaked' his groin. And I know from experience that groin injuries tend to linger, and often turn into hernias, which require surgery.

I think my post came off a bit the wrong way.

I wasn't trying to suggest you were talking out your ass as much as I was literally asking if there was any news/links on Vicks condition.

That being said, we get it man, you detest and despise Vick. I'm not a fan either, but he's undoubtedly the best guy to be running the show now.

He goes out in week 1 and plays (mostly) well, and the response is "He played OK, but omg he's fucking hurt already". At that point it's really just speculation, and at least when I first read it, I took it as needlessly pointing out what all of us already know (Vick has an injury history), simply because you really really despise the guy playing QB.

It was a huge week 1 win, lets enjoy it before jumping to conclusions about how long the starting QB can stay healthy. I'm sure we'll be having that discussion in due time anyway.
xsv
I wasn't trying to point out his injury history as much as point out that, fuck, he's hurt already.

Yes, I don't like the guy, but he's currently the best QB on the roster, so I'd greatly prefer if he wasn't injured.

make_it_rain
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 10 2013, 11:26 AM) *
I wasn't trying to point out his injury history as much as point out that, fuck, he's hurt already.

Yes, I don't like the guy, but he's currently the best QB on the roster, so I'd greatly prefer if he wasn't injured.

Fair enough. My mistake.
D Rock
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 10 2013, 02:09 PM) *

He was holding the area of the left inside hip just below the belt buckle, with a prominent limp from his long run, until the end of the game.

Sure looked hurt to me too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.