Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Make This Bet?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The over/under for Eagles wins is 7.5.

7 or less and you lose, 8 or more and you win.

However, the under is the more popular play, so you actually win $6 for every $5 you bet.

So, how many would bet $100 on over 7.5 wins for the Eagles to win $120.

I am leaning that way but have till tomorrow to decide.

Would you? And do you see it as a no brainer, slightly lean that way or would you stay away?

Assume the money bet is significant to you. So if you need to make it $50 to win $60 or $1000 to win $1200, change the figures to make it doable and significant to your situation.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 8 2013, 12:14 PM) *

However, the under is the more popular play, so you actually win $6 for every $5 you bet.

Would you? And do you see it as a no brainer, slightly lean that way or would you stay away?

Assume the money bet is significant to you. So if you need to make it $50 to win $60 or $1000 to win $1200, change the figures to make it doable and significant to your situation.

I wouldn't bet on it either way. I predicted 9-7, but a 6-10 finish wouldn't be shocking.
Jax

Under. Seems clear to me.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 8 2013, 12:17 PM) *
I wouldn't bet on it either way. I predicted 9-7, but a 6-10 finish wouldn't be shocking.

Nor would a 5-11 finish
Reality Fan
already put my money where my mouth is and put 5 down on the over
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 8 2013, 07:56 PM) *
already put my money where my mouth is and put 5 down on the over

what odds did you get 6 to 5?
Jax
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 8 2013, 10:05 PM) *

I'm at -140 on the under and +110 on the over... so the line is very close to dropping to 7 games rather than 7.5. I would bet the under but I just don't like my cash flow being tied up that long on one bet.
md717

I'd take it. But not with significant money. I'd take it for $1,000 or so just for fun. wink.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 8 2013, 10:05 PM) *

+110
nephillymike
After further review, I am going to stay away. Reason being, I can see Vick playing well. But I can't see him being healthy for the entire year. What I thought was a strength, our backup QB, I no longer think that way after watching Foles struggle in preseason. So before I thought Foles could go in and keep us close to not missing a beat, I don't see it now. If Vick misses the customary 2-3 games this year, I think that hurts us more than previously thought.

I'll still keep my 9-7 prediction, but not with enough conviction to put my beer money on the line!!

Good luck to any who bet the over. I'm with you in spirit if not in dollars!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.