Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG Guys - Maybe Andy wasn't the most predictable coach ever
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Jarrett Bell ‏@JarrettBell 5m
Asked London Fletcher, prepping for Chip Kelly's O, to ID offenses that presented toughest chess matches during his career. He gave me 3...

Jarrett Bell ‏@JarrettBell 1m
3. Andy Reid's system w/Philly (So many formations)...
2. Mike Martz's Greatest Show, St. Louis (Lots of new stuff not on film)...

So does this mean Andy isn't the most predictable coach in NFL history????? I mean, a future Hall of Fame linebacker said this.

Rest assured, I will use this one statement for the remainder of time to justify every post I ever make.
Phits
I'm afraid that you need a minimum of 2 direct sources in order use that statement as justification for every post.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 6 2013, 03:08 PM) *
I'm afraid that you need a minimum of 2 direct sources in order use that statement as justification for every post.....

Damn. Foiled.

Edit: Does this mean that you can't use a former player of his as one of the sources to indicate how predictable he is? That just seems unfair.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 04:20 PM) *
Damn. Foiled.

Edit: Does this mean that you can't use a former player of his as one of the sources to indicate how predictable he is? That just seems unfair.

I don't see how it's unfair, but for good measure we've thrown in other former players, other hall of fame defenders, other coaches, not to mention the countless fans who rolled their eyes everytime he called a shovel pass within the 5 yard line, knowing everyone in the stadium saw it coming.

He said there was a chess match with Reid's offense because of all the different formations - that's definitely true, there were a ton of different formations and the defense had to be ready to adjust their coverage. The point is, everyone knew the kind of play that was coming.
mcnabbulous
Yeah - I bet London Fletcher explicitly called out Andy's offense as one of the toughest chess matches in his 16+ year NFL career, but still new what plays were coming...

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Yeah - I bet London Fletcher explicitly called out Andy's offense as one of the toughest chess matches in his 16+ year NFL career, but still new what plays were coming...

Well he's been in Washington since 2007, and on some pretty awful teams, yet they've split 12 games with us. As I said, the 'chess match' idea was probably more about throwing off defensive coverage schemes. In terms of playcalling, I'm pretty sure he (along with everyone else in the stadium) knew what was coming.
mcnabbulous
All statistical evidence (record, offensive success through 2011) points to this simply being a fallacy. But you keep holding onto your soundbytes from Keith Brooking. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 05:35 PM) *

But Fletcher was an Eagle killer.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You're the one who posted this yawning tidbit. Perhaps it's you who needs some sleep. Try watching the Chiefs/Jags game on Sunday.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 07:06 PM) *
All statistical evidence (record, offensive success through 2011) points to this simply being a fallacy. But you keep holding onto your soundbytes from Keith Brooking. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Keith Brooking was a tool.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.