Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cary Williams
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
JaxEagle
This guy is an asshole, an idiot. He may be our best DB but get his sorry attitude out of here. Nobody will dare say it, but I think Riley Cooper just won back some teammates and fans by taking on this dickhead.
MistahNickells
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Sep 5 2013, 02:03 PM) *
This guy is an asshole, an idiot. He may be our best DB but get his sorry attitude out of here. Nobody will dare say it, but I think Riley Cooper just won back some teammates and fans by taking on this dickhead.

what happened?
nephillymike
QUOTE (MistahNickells @ Sep 5 2013, 02:03 PM) *
what happened?

He and Cooper got in a fight on the field (w/pads). Vick and DJax came over to break it up and he gave them shit. Afterwards when the reporters were close by, he gave them shit too. Cooper had a few nice things to say like it was no big deal. May have alot to do with the N word situation.

Thing about it is, he isn't a good CB either. His pass inteferences will make Al Harris look mild and mannerly. QB's had a 96 rating throwing to his man last year and it looked like it got worse this preseason.

I see him and his sconce shopping being the outlet of the fans wrath on what looks to be a very disappointing defensive year.
D Rock
And leave it to "douche" McCoy to pile on saying other teams will take cheap shots at Cooper.

nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 5 2013, 03:00 PM) *
And leave it to "douche" McCoy to pile on saying other teams will take cheap shots at Cooper.

Yeah, that Shady is a piece of work
koolaidluke
How can the Eagles D disappoint when everyone expects them to be terrible?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 5 2013, 03:00 PM) *

Seems to be a bit out of context. From what I saw, he also said everything is back to normal and the team has Cooper's back for the most part. Not everyone knows Cooper as well as he does though.

I think it's fair to think Cooper still has a target on his back league wide.
koolaidluke
I really don't think he does. It seems like everybody just kind of forgot about it.
Zero
An unnamed player, however, told The Philadelphia Inquirer that Williams shouted, "I'm not a n----- you mess with" several times.
From ...
So,who's the racist?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 5 2013, 07:21 PM) *
An unnamed player, however, told The Philadelphia Inquirer that Williams shouted, "I'm not a n----- you mess with" several times.

saw the entire vid. its only like a minute long...you can read his lips as he is shouting the above at cooper

he actually got into with Vick too as Vick tried to restrain him....Vick was wisely quick to separate from williams tho

JeeQ
Warned everyone in the previous thread. If his own teammates have a problem with him what do you think opposing defenses are going to do? He's basically a wasted player on the field. Thankfully it'll only be the black CBs will feel type a way about it. That can't be more than... 100% of them? I still feel we're throwing away a perfectly good offense with a terrible WR core. DeSean Jackson and a bunch of nobodies. Also it goes without saying, Williams should have been cut a long time ago.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 5 2013, 09:10 PM) *
Warned everyone in the previous thread. If his own teammates have a problem with him what do you think opposing defenses are going to do?

A proven hothead asshole who constantly gets into fights with people including his own teammates, and you think it has something to do with Cooper's language a couple months ago? In the video they were clearly grappling hard, Williams is very physical, and they got into it - when you get into it, words get dropped, as tempers are flared.

If other CBs take cheap shots or start fights with Cooper.....uh, good?!?! 15 yards free.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 5 2013, 09:18 PM) *
A proven hothead asshole who constantly gets into fights with people including his own teammates, and you think it has something to do with Cooper's language a couple months ago? In the video they were clearly grappling hard, Williams is very physical, and they got into it - when you get into it, words get dropped, as tempers are flared.

If other CBs take cheap shots or start fights with Cooper.....uh, good?!?! 15 yards free.

It's not just a problem he has with Cooper...looks like he was called into the principal's office this time.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/9/...-tour-continues

I hope Kelly told him in no uncertain terms that he is building a team and the someone who can't work with that team will get his ass cut.
nephillymike
Any truth to the rumor that Cooper sent him a few sconces as a peace offering??
koolaidluke
Thankfully it'll only be the black CBs will feel type a way about it.

hahaha

I dunno man, I wanted him cut at the time because I was sure the other guys would be unwilling to play with him but it seems like everybody just kinda moved on.

re Cary Williams: I believe at the time he was the only guy to actually come out in quasi support of Cooper. I doubt this blow up had anything to do with Cooper's little "incident" this summer
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 5 2013, 08:18 PM) *

I agree. If opposing CB's are undisciplined enough to cheap shot him then we will get free yardage. I honestly don't think most guys care, short o the Cary Williams types.

Williams is the wrong N... to mess with. Does that mean he is going to pull out a gun? He certainly doesn't think he is going to take down Cooper in hand to hand combat. Lol

I hope Kelly has Williams on final warning status. Cut him if he steps out of line once more. Out DB's can't get any worse so who cares.
Rick
Warned everyone in the previous thread. If his own teammates have a problem with him what do you think opposing defenses are going to do? He's basically a wasted player on the field. Thankfully it'll only be the black CBs will feel type a way about it. That can't be more than... 100% of them?

Right, they just went after him the whole preseason....
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 6 2013, 01:11 AM) *
I dunno man, I wanted him cut at the time because I was sure the other guys would be unwilling to play with him but it seems like everybody just kinda moved on.

AS they should have. The whole thing was ridiculous. Cooper was stupid, in bad taste, etc. but he didn't break any laws or hurt anyone. Half the friggin' NFL (it seems) are convicted felons (or should/will be). Yet people have a problem when someone says something stupid (although it was VERY stupid).
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 6 2013, 02:00 PM) *
AS they should have. The whole thing was ridiculous. Cooper was stupid, in bad taste, etc. but he didn't break any laws or hurt anyone.

I'm not sure why it was "ridiculous." He said something extremely offensive about 90% of his colleagues. That wouldn't fly in any industry.

Half the friggin' NFL (it seems) are convicted felons (or should/will be).

Oh.

Yet people have a problem when someone says something stupid (although it was VERY stupid).

I don't think it's mutually exclusive. People can have a problem with convicted felons playing in the NFL and Cooper being a racist, Floridian hillbilly.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 03:12 PM) *
I'm not sure why it was "ridiculous." He said something extremely offensive about 90% of his colleagues. That wouldn't fly in any industry.

Thank you. The controversy was never about whether Cooper was a good guy because that is not relevant and is none of our business anyway. It's about what is acceptable for an NFL player to say about his teammates.

Good job by the Eagles organization, coaches and especially players for being willing and able to move on. Everybody should admire the professionalism all parties showed.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 03:12 PM) *
He said something extremely offensive about 90% of his colleagues.

If that 90% can say it with impunity, why is it offensive? That's a rhetorical question. I really do get why it's offensive but I've never been educated as to why some are able to say it while others are attacked for saying it.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 6 2013, 07:22 PM) *
If that 90% can say it with impunity, why is it offensive? That's a rhetorical question. I really do get why it's offensive but I've never been educated as to why some are able to say it while others are attacked for saying it.

Because they would be speaking it in a different context.

If a black player had said something about "Crackers", he would have taken some flack too. Whereas had a white guy had said it people would think nothing of it.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 6 2013, 08:01 PM) *
If a black player had said something about "Crackers", he would have taken some flack too.

Really? A congressman recently referred to a large group of political opponents as crackers, yet I doubt most people here have heard of it. In college football, white receivers are frequently exposed to racial slurs by defenders, and Jordy Nelson, during his breakout year, was completely underestimated for being white; this was said publicly by opponents and teammates.
Jax
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 6 2013, 07:01 PM) *

If a black player had said something about "Crackers", he would have taken some flack too. Whereas had a white guy had said it people would think nothing of it.

disagree. but then again i am a floridian hillbilly as someone mentioned above. too bad i didnt think of that for my new username.
mcnabbulous

It's really irrelevant, but it's the same principle as you being able to say something negative about your family, but an outsider not.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 6 2013, 08:09 PM) *
In college football, white receivers are frequently exposed to racial slurs by defenders

I've never heard anything about that but if that's true I believe 99.9% of the public (of all races) would agree that's not okay.

I wasn't saying that a black player making a slur about whites would get the same reaction that Riley's rant did, I was saying that he would take some heat, and justifiably so.

Also, if a black player were to make a slur about Hispanics you can bet there would a media storm. A black player <i>might</i> get away with saying something anti asian but even there he'd probably at the very least have to issue a public apology and pay a fine, which is all that happened to Cooper.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 09:49 PM) *
It's really irrelevant, but it's the same principle as you being able to say something negative about your family, but an outsider not.

What I or you have to say about my family doesn't affect millions of people or hit the national news. It's not the same principle at all and it's extremely relevant. That's a weak and absurd justification. The word is offensive and shouldn't be used by anyone.

Blacks and whites grow up together, go to school together, party together and share the same locker rooms. If one group continually uses a given word chances are that there will be others from the other side who will start using that same word in conversation. It doesn't make it right, but it makes it understandable.
JeeQ
Love the replies in this thread. It's always incredibly easy to tell who's white and black based on the responses laugh.gif The last thing I'll say is this since I said most of wanted to in the original thread about this issue...

Saying it's irrelevant, water under the bridge, and anyone who was offended should move on makes it clear to me you have no idea the impact the word has. Black players are never going to forget what Riley said, and anyone thinking they should have forgot about it after a month is preposterous.

People can't even make it through one Michael Vick thread/article without calling him a ConVick, A Dog Killer, just another black criminal playing in the criminal league; and that was for dogfighting yeas ago. No one can get over that, but everyone should get over the fact Riley insulted and disrespected an entire race of people? Not a chance.

He will forever be Riley "The Racist" Cooper.
HOUSEoPAIN
Love the replies in this thread. It's always incredibly easy to tell who's white and black based on the responses

This is a prejudiced statement in and of itself. I don't know if you're black or not - you could just be a self-loathing white liberal.

People can't even make it through one Michael Vick thread/article without calling him a ConVick, A Dog Killer, just another black criminal playing in the criminal league; and that was for dogfighting yeas ago. No one can get over that, but everyone should get over the fact Riley insulted and disrespected an entire race of people? Not a chance.

This illustrates what others on here have said, the absurdity of where we are as a society. There is absolutely no remote way any reasonable person could compare saying a racial slur in drunken anger to running an organization that was based on having dogs tear each other apart for money (when you're making $100 million in your day job). On top of that, he personally executed dogs in some of the most savage and psychotic ways possible (electrocuting them?!). The fact that you would dare compare the two things shows how truly demented the mindset of the 'victimized' black man is. This is why a couple of obviously racist black punks in Oklahoma shoot a white person 'because they were bored' and we have to hear ridiculous comparisons to the shooting of a young black punk in self-defense in Florida, by a man who's life is now destroyed because he dared to defend himself. 50 years of liberalism has created shit like this - a Hall of Fame bound running back who makes $12 million a year comparing his life to slavery. There was a thread awhile back (with predictable race-baiting by dickheads like Fantasy Fan who didn't have an argument) on how colleges recruit from juvenile hall, and how illiterate punks are placed on college squads because it's all about money - the result, of course, is the modern NFL and NBA, which is chock full of would-be (and actual) felons. And yes, this is a racial problem, the gang/thug culture in professional sports, where actual team uniforms at times are influenced by positive/negative reaction to 'colors.' You probably don't bat an eye when a black NFL player beats his wife or gets caught with a gun in the locker room, but you're ready to crucify Riley the Racist.

And here we are, where a trivial event such as a hothead asshole CB and a WR get into a shoving match, and the entire sports world assumes it's over race. Get over it.
nephillymike
These discussions take me back to college ball days when me, another white roommate and my two black roommates would stay up on road trips till 3:00 in the morning discussing this type of stuff. The drunks and the stoners we played with would go out tie on a load, and because of lack of sleep, we would be the ones that looked hung over the next day! Fun times.

I refrained from discussing this b/c of obvious reasons, but decided to chime in. JeeQ, saying it's the last you are going to say on the matter isn't the way to go, IMO. While doing that guarantees you the last word that you'll listen to, it discounts what anyone has to say after your reply.
==========================================================================

"And here we are, where a trivial event such as a hothead asshole CB and a WR get into a shoving match, and the entire sports world assumes it's over race. Get over it. "

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/e...actice/2776421/

H of P, I think that the assumption and the evidence of the words said by Williams "I am not an N you F with" properly classifies it as a racial event, at least from Williams' perspective.

But I think bringing other things into this muddies the waters. The Vick, idiot Congressman, Zimmerman, white guy that got killed, liberal/Tea Party etc. stuff really doesn't apply IMO. You can always find other examples where things were treated differently with regard to race. Since that is the case, either "side" can use those examples to build their case, which just muddies the waters of the specific issue.

My two cents on this issue:

1. it is a racial issue with Williams, and I'm OK with that. Just b/c Cooper apologizes doesn't mean everyone has to accept his apology.

2. I don't think that many others on the team feel this way. I think most others are over it. If they weren't we would hear more about it.

3. I think Williams is an asshole. And I think his teammates think he is an asshole. His reaction to Vick is indicative. His problem, soon to be revealed, is he is an asshole who can't play. His lack of commitment to the OTA's a minicamps after signing the big contract is a character revelation IMO. (Especially when he attended them all for Balt last year) He's a few completed passes on his side from being public enemy #1 in this town and being treated to "The Sconce Serenade" from the faithful.

4. Riley Cooper is an asshole. Some of the stories about him out in public came out during this last episode. People around here heard about them before this incident. He is an A-1 asshole. Dude got in plenty of trouble when he was in college and HS and he hasn't changed. His "Do you know who I am" routine is well known in area bars. AND, saying what he said, he is most likely a racist asshole too. While some see his public humiliation as overkill, for all the other shit he got away with in the past, the scales still haven't been balanced. He isn't a starting caliber WR.

5. The team will get over this. I've seen much worst racial shit happen to teams I played on in the past and this is small in comparison. And those teams and people involved were able to get over it and it didn't effect the output of the team.

So basically we're talking about two assholes, who aren't very good (people or players) having a feud that may or may not continue into the year. The people that matter are over it. The play of the team won't be impacted.

We have the biggest game in what seems like forever in this town on Monday night. Let's focus on that rather than whether two assholes hate each other.

E A G L E S !!
Rick

Exactly.
Rick
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 6 2013, 08:01 PM) *

Context. Ah, so it's perfectly ok for a black player to use the word but not a white person. Ah, that makes total sense....

I guess it's ok for people to do wrong things as long as it's in the correct, "context," then.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2013, 09:49 PM) *

That's about the weakest, lamest argument I've heard yet.

Please try again.
Rick
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 7 2013, 12:12 PM) *
Love the replies in this thread. It's always incredibly easy to tell who's white and black based on the responses laugh.gif The last thing I'll say is this since I said most of wanted to in the original thread about this issue...

Saying it's irrelevant, water under the bridge, and anyone who was offended should move on makes it clear to me you have no idea the impact the word has. Black players are never going to forget what Riley said, and anyone thinking they should have forgot about it after a month is preposterous.

He will forever be Riley "The Racist" Cooper.

I don't think anyone has said we should just get over it. In fact, I believe everyone is in agreement that what he did/said was wrong and in very bad taste. However, my problem with it (can't speak for others) is the punishment this guy is getting for using a WORD. Yes, it's just a word no matter how bad that word may be, it is just a WORD. Why should the guy be run out of the league for saying a WORD while others who have done MUCH worse (like your example of Vick but there are many others) get praised and we're told we should just get over it, forgive and forget, etc.?

That would be MY problem with the situation. Do I think Cooper is a great guy? I have no idea. But I do know what he did was totally wrong and in very bad taste. But, the last time I checked are still in America where we do have free speech--even if you don't agree with what he said. LOTS of people say things I don't agree with but in life but I don't go after their head.

Rick
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 7 2013, 12:48 PM) *
This is a prejudiced statement in and of itself. I don't know if you're black or not - you could just be a self-loathing white liberal.

This illustrates what others on here have said, the absurdity of where we are as a society. There is absolutely no remote way any reasonable person could compare saying a racial slur in drunken anger to running an organization that was based on having dogs tear each other apart for money (when you're making $100 million in your day job). On top of that, he personally executed dogs in some of the most savage and psychotic ways possible (electrocuting them?!). The fact that you would dare compare the two things shows how truly demented the mindset of the 'victimized' black man is. This is why a couple of obviously racist black punks in Oklahoma shoot a white person 'because they were bored' and we have to hear ridiculous comparisons to the shooting of a young black punk in self-defense in Florida, by a man who's life is now destroyed because he dared to defend himself. 50 years of liberalism has created shit like this - a Hall of Fame bound running back who makes $12 million a year comparing his life to slavery. There was a thread awhile back (with predictable race-baiting by dickheads like Fantasy Fan who didn't have an argument) on how colleges recruit from juvenile hall, and how illiterate punks are placed on college squads because it's all about money - the result, of course, is the modern NFL and NBA, which is chock full of would-be (and actual) felons. And yes, this is a racial problem, the gang/thug culture in professional sports, where actual team uniforms at times are influenced by positive/negative reaction to 'colors.' You probably don't bat an eye when a black NFL player beats his wife or gets caught with a gun in the locker room, but you're ready to crucify Riley the Racist.

And here we are, where a trivial event such as a hothead asshole CB and a WR get into a shoving match, and the entire sports world assumes it's over race. Get over it.

I just stood up and applauded my computer.

Well-said.
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 7 2013, 04:06 PM) *
These discussions take me back to college ball days when me, another white roommate and my two black roommates would stay up on road trips till 3:00 in the morning discussing this type of stuff. The drunks and the stoners we played with would go out tie on a load, and because of lack of sleep, we would be the ones that looked hung over the next day! Fun times.

I refrained from discussing this b/c of obvious reasons, but decided to chime in. JeeQ, saying it's the last you are going to say on the matter isn't the way to go, IMO. While doing that guarantees you the last word that you'll listen to, it discounts what anyone has to say after your reply.
==========================================================================

"And here we are, where a trivial event such as a hothead asshole CB and a WR get into a shoving match, and the entire sports world assumes it's over race. Get over it. "

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/e...actice/2776421/

H of P, I think that the assumption and the evidence of the words said by Williams "I am not an N you F with" properly classifies it as a racial event, at least from Williams' perspective.

But I think bringing other things into this muddies the waters. The Vick, idiot Congressman, Zimmerman, white guy that got killed, liberal/Tea Party etc. stuff really doesn't apply IMO. You can always find other examples where things were treated differently with regard to race. Since that is the case, either "side" can use those examples to build their case, which just muddies the waters of the specific issue.

My two cents on this issue:

1. it is a racial issue with Williams, and I'm OK with that. Just b/c Cooper apologizes doesn't mean everyone has to accept his apology.

2. I don't think that many others on the team feel this way. I think most others are over it. If they weren't we would hear more about it.

3. I think Williams is an asshole. And I think his teammates think he is an asshole. His reaction to Vick is indicative. His problem, soon to be revealed, is he is an asshole who can't play. His lack of commitment to the OTA's a minicamps after signing the big contract is a character revelation IMO. (Especially when he attended them all for Balt last year) He's a few completed passes on his side from being public enemy #1 in this town and being treated to "The Sconce Serenade" from the faithful.

4. Riley Cooper is an asshole. Some of the stories about him out in public came out during this last episode. People around here heard about them before this incident. He is an A-1 asshole. Dude got in plenty of trouble when he was in college and HS and he hasn't changed. His "Do you know who I am" routine is well known in area bars. AND, saying what he said, he is most likely a racist asshole too. While some see his public humiliation as overkill, for all the other shit he got away with in the past, the scales still haven't been balanced. He isn't a starting caliber WR.

5. The team will get over this. I've seen much worst racial shit happen to teams I played on in the past and this is small in comparison. And those teams and people involved were able to get over it and it didn't effect the output of the team.

So basically we're talking about two assholes, who aren't very good (people or players) having a feud that may or may not continue into the year. The people that matter are over it. The play of the team won't be impacted.

We have the biggest game in what seems like forever in this town on Monday night. Let's focus on that rather than whether two assholes hate each other.

E A G L E S !!

Damnit! I'm standing and applauding again!
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 7 2013, 12:48 PM) *

Yup
mcnabbulous
Some of you guys are so fucking oblivious it's unreal. And it comes as no surprise which ones.

Guess what fellas, the world is full of assholes. Cary Williams is one. So is Riley Cooper. George Zimmerman: yep, an asshole. The punks in Oklahoma are beyond a comprehensible level. They're just plain evil.

Mikey's post was, without question, the most sensible post on this thread.

As for "the word." I can't believe how many of you are so fucking butthurt that some people get to say it and others don't. It's completely irrelevant as to why they can use it and you can't. Not that explaining it will help get it through some of you stupid, think skulls, but it's a way to desensitize themselves and take the words meaning away. That doesn't change the fact when some red neck from Florida starts shouting it at a Kenny Chesney concert, it illuminates the origins of the word, which were and continue to be an embarrassing part of our country's history.
Jax
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 10:26 AM) *
Some of you guys are so fucking oblivious it's unreal. And it comes as no surprise which ones.

Guess what fellas, the world is full of assholes. Cary Williams is one. So is Riley Cooper. George Zimmerman: yep, an asshole. The punks in Oklahoma are beyond a comprehensible level. They're just plain evil.

Mikey's post was, without question, the most sensible post on this thread.

As for "the word." I can't believe how many of you are so fucking butthurt that some people get to say it and others don't. It's completely irrelevant as to why they can use it and you can't. Not that explaining it will help get it through some of you stupid, think skulls, but it's a way to desensitize themselves and take the words meaning away. That doesn't change the fact when some red neck from Florida starts shouting it at a Kenny Chesney concert, it illuminates the origins of the word, which were and continue to be an embarrassing part of our country's history.

I hear ya. I don't get bent out of shape when people throw words around randomly. It's just a word. It usually isn't meant personally. Recently I have seen terms used like Florida Hillbilly and some red neck from Florida. I am from Florida. Lived here all my life. I've been an Eagles fan all my life. I don't get bent out of shape when someone who is different than me makes a comment that I could choose to take personally or choose not to take personally. I choose not to take it personally. It probably wasn't meant personally so why take it that way unless people just want to make issues and whine and bitch. I'd rather focus my energy elsewhere.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Jax @ Sep 9 2013, 10:17 AM) *
I hear ya. I don't get bent out of shape when people throw words around randomly. It's just a word. It usually isn't meant personally. Recently I have seen terms used like Florida Hillbilly and some red neck from Florida. I am from Florida. Lived here all my life. I've been an Eagles fan all my life. I don't get bent out of shape when someone who is different than me makes a comment that I could choose to take personally or choose not to take personally. I choose not to take it personally. It probably wasn't meant personally so why take it that way unless people just want to make issues and whine and bitch. I'd rather focus my energy elsewhere.

I grew up in central PA and currently live in Texas. I know and love red necks.

With that said, Florida has some backwards ass shit going on. Riley Cooper seems to epitomize some of that shit.
mcnabbulous
Oh, perfect timing! Thanks, George.

Headline: George Zimmerman taken into custody after incident with gun, police say

That was more well timed for me than Geno Smith having a nice rookie debut.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 02:46 PM) *
Oh, perfect timing! Thanks, George.

Headline: George Zimmerman taken into custody after incident with gun, police say

That was more well timed for me than Geno Smith having a nice rookie debut.

I had the over/under 15 minutes before the first frothy-mouthed liberal idiot posted this (I'm not sure what for exactly, does it have anything to do with his acquittal which was the obvious right decision?). You blew away the under. What's most disturbing is you epitomize the ignorant, bigoted attitude of brainwashed sheep that caused George Zimmerman to be on national news in the first place. Let's look at the article and practice reading comprehension and logic:

George Zimmerman was being questioned Monday in Central Florida after his estranged wife called police saying he threatened her with a gun. Lake Mary police say they were called around 2:30 p.m. to the Sprucewood Road home of Shellie Zimmerman's parents, David and Machelle Dean. According to Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell, Shellie Zimmerman called 911 claiming George Zimmerman had a gun and was making threats. The victims are not speaking to police and were waiting for their attorney to arrive, Bracknell said.

As of 3:45 p.m., no arrests have been made and George Zimmerman is "no longer in investigative detention," according to police, but is still at the home. Police are investigating the incident as a domestic battery. A spokesman for former Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara, who represented George Zimmerman in his murder trial, said he had no comment at this time.

The incident comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman on a TV interview.

Ok, so his wife lies about their finances, and George doesn't come to her aid (this was awhile ago). Their relationship was shattered during the trial (pat yourself on the back bigot), and they have become estranged. She files for divorce, and decides to take her case public, talking about what a prick George is on tv, knowing frothy-mouthed asshole leftists will eat it up. Then this:

-No arrests were made, and Zimmerman is 'no longer in investigative detention'
-Police are investigating, SHE'S the one who said she was threatened with a gun, not police as you say (or were you too busy frothing at the mouth to read the article?)
-Logically, this smells fishy. Legally, he committed no crime as of yet. And both logically and legally, it doesn't change the fact that he was acquitted of murdering Trayvon Martin as he had indisputable evidence on his side.

The world is full of assholes - people in glass houses, eh?
mcnabbulous
Sucks having to defend an overzealous gun-toting shitbag who is only famous for killing an unarmed teenager. It's always someone else's fault other than poor George.

I literally made no comment on the article itself. Simply posted it as it occurred, given the timely nature of the incident.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 9 2013, 03:58 PM) *
does it have anything to do with his acquittal which was the obvious right decision?

Here's hoping you never wear a hoodie or a hood after dark.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 04:12 PM) *
Sucks having to defend an overzealous gun-toting shitbag who is only famous for killing an unarmed teenager.

I don't have to defend him - there was indisputable evidence he acted in self-defense as he was being pummeled by a gangbanger wannabe punk. And he's only famous because of overzealous bigoted savages and their sheep-like followers.

You posted the article to make some lame non-point about racism, on a thread discussing Riley Cooper's use of a racial slur. I understand you have nothing to stand on in terms of an argument, so don't be a coward and act like you're just showing us current events.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 9 2013, 04:18 PM) *
Here's hoping you never wear a hoodie or a hood after dark.

Here's hoping you never end up as a juror, where your bigoted ignorance could end up destroying an innocent person's life.

Edit: a common theme of this thread is cowards who in lieu of an argument, play the race card, which of course does nothing but hurt society as a whole. Thanks for joining the pop culture crowd.
mcnabbulous
Poor George. Sounds like he's such a good guy. Everyone is just out to get him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 9 2013, 03:34 PM) *
Edit: a common theme of this thread is cowards who in lieu of an argument, play the race card, which of course does nothing but hurt society as a whole. Thanks for joining the pop culture crowd.

The only person consistently playing any race card is the one person that describes all black people as thugs and gangbangers and thinks all white guys are just misunderstood innocents who occasionally use poor choices of words.

Most everyone else agrees that shitheads exist on both sides of the aisle.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 9 2013, 04:36 PM) *
Poor George. Sounds like he's such a good guy. Everyone is just out to get him.

And the coward continues to avoid admitting he has no leg to stand on.
HOUSEoPAIN
The only person consistently playing any race card is the one person that describes all black people as thugs and gangbangers and thinks all white guys are just misunderstood innocents who occasionally use poor choices of words.

Really? Point out where that was said.

Most everyone else agrees that shitheads exist on both sides of the aisle.

Shitheads constantly make random things up, gleefully post news stories to make a non-point (then dance around the fact they posted said article in poor faith), and accuse people of saying things they've never said - this is typical of bigots and cowards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.