Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Success of Our Offense Rests With Officials
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ing-kaepernick/

Harbaugh's concerns are valid and the league needs to publish specific rules regarding hitting a running QB. The QB's do ball fakes all the time in that offense and if I were a DC, I'd instruct my team to tackle them hard and often, with or without the ball.
koolaidluke
Harbaugh is a cry baby bitch.

The read option failed in the NFL in the 70s because the QBs couldn't take the pounding. It will fizzle out again for the same reason. You can't even say that you are just going to run it 8 times a game because that's 8 plays a game your QB gets creamed.

It doesn't effect the Eagles because by all accounts Kelly doesn't plan on running too much read option. Maybe 3 or 4 times a game I would think based on what we've seen in the pre season.
nephillymike
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 4 2013, 07:34 PM) *
It doesn't effect the Eagles because by all accounts Kelly doesn't plan on running too much read option. Maybe 3 or 4 times a game I would think based on what we've seen in the pre season.

The offense in the preseason is a small slither of what our offense will look like in the regular season.

Let's hope others are scouting us using preseason play calling.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 4 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Harbaugh is a cry baby bitch.

Harbaugh really is such a whiny bitch. I think that goal line stand of the Super Bowl last year was really borderline and the call could have gone either way, but man, was it satisfying to see that crybaby not get the call and lose his shit over it.

I have nothing else to add to this conversation besides that. Here's some red panda gifs.

koolaidluke
It looked to me like the receiver initiated contact. Within 5 yards, on the goal line, in the Superbowl, I don't understand how that could be called.

Wasn't for 3rd world America with the lights going out and the whiners wouldn't even be in that game.

I can't wait to see fraud Kaepernick exposed this season.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 5 2013, 03:15 PM) *
It looked to me like the receiver initiated contact. Within 5 yards, on the goal line, in the Superbowl, I don't understand how that could be called.

Wasn't for 3rd world America with the lights going out and the whiners wouldn't even be in that game.

While I think it's possible Kaepernick is a fraud, in the very limited preseason action I saw this year, he looked like an improved passer. If that's the case, the sky is the limit.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 5 2013, 04:15 PM) *

412 yds
3TD
0 INT
129 QBR

koolaidluke
412 yds
3TD
0 INT
129 QBR

Your quote is only part of what I said. The message boards software cute off part of what I had wrote.

The entire statement of what I said:
"Some people might say 'I can't wait to see fraud Kapernick exposed this season', but they will be disappointed because Kaepernick is the real deal. Look for this young man to throw for over 400 yards and 3 TDs in San Fran's opener against the Packers. He is careful with the football too and I doubt he throws even a single interception against Green Bay."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 9 2013, 11:03 AM) *
Your quote is only part of what I said. The message boards software cute off part of what I had wrote.

The entire statement of what I said:

laugh.gif

You didn't even highlight the fact that he was so successful throwing to the guy you dubbed Anquan "not the biggest fraud in NFL history" Boldin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.