Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Tally Of 2013 Reg. Season W-L Predictions
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Here we go, for all eternity, to remain on your "permanent" record:

The Eagles record for this year:

10-6 = (3) - Reality Fan, bwc2112, Mistahnickells
9-7 = (5) - nephillymike, Phits, House of Pain, Zero, SLOiggles
8-8 = (3) - DRock, Make It Rain, Bez
7-9 = (3) - McNabbulous, Koolaidluke, Eyrie
6-10 = (3) - Dreagon, xsv, TGryn
5-11 = (1) - Rick
Abstain = (1) Yellow Boca

The range is much larger than I remember in recent years.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 2 2013, 12:03 PM) *
The range is much larger than I remember in recent years.

That's because for the first time in forever, we really have no clue what to expect. Barring injuries (and unbelievably horrible play like last year), we could all expect the same ole' shit from Reid's teams. 10 or 11 wins, lose in the playoffs, whine about playcalling, repeat next year.

Now we actually have no clue what to expect. They could win 5 and I wouldn't be shocked, and I also wouldn't be shocked if they won 10. Personally I'm more excited about the Eagles than I've been in years.
Zero
Pin it!
koolaidluke
what about opening day?

No RGIII, so the Eags are very much in it. On the other hand, it looks like the Eagles defense really sucks.

I'm gonna have to go with the Skins.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 2 2013, 09:04 PM) *
what about opening day?

No RGIII, so the Eags are very much in it. On the other hand, it looks like the Eagles defense really sucks.

I'm gonna have to go with the Skins.

RGIII is playing.

Alf Morris helps set up some play action, secondary ends up looking borderline silly. Eagles might make it interesting late but come up short.'

28-23 Washington
Dreagon
(double post deleted)
Dreagon
It's because there are so many more unknown factors. Sure, you've got a new coach but the division ain't exactly at it's strongest either. I chose 6-10 as the most probable, but I could have just as easily justified 4-12 or 9-7.

And it's not just because of you guys. The Giants are a complete mystery to me as well. I could see them going as low as 7-9 or as high as 12-4, and that will likely affect other NFC East team's records. Then there's Washington. With RG3 they are divisional contenders...without him they go straight back to basement dwellers. And the Cowboys have been stuck for years around 8-8 without any rhyme or reason to the pattern of which teams they beat and which ones they lose to.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 3 2013, 01:15 AM) *
It's because there are so many more unknown factors. Sure, you've got a new coach but the division ain't exactly at it's strongest either. I chose 6-10 as the most probable, but I could have just as easily justified 4-12 or 9-7.

And it's not just because of you guys. The Giants are a complete mystery to me as well. I could see them going as low as 7-9 or as high as 12-4, and that will likely affect other NFC East team's records. Then there's Washington. With RG3 they are divisional contenders...without him they go straight back to basement dwellers. And the Cowboys have been stuck for years around 8-8 without any rhyme or reason to the pattern of which teams they beat and which ones they lose to.

no real mystery to the Cowboys....bad coach, a QB who hates pressure and a perennially overrated D not to mention a bad O line and a meddling owner.....did I miss anything/...lol
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 3 2013, 12:22 AM) *
no real mystery to the Cowboys....bad coach, a QB who hates pressure and a perennially overrated D not to mention a bad O line and a meddling owner.....did I miss anything/...lol

The only thing you missed was the result of our owner's policy of "bargain basement pro-bowlers" where he spends high draft choices on players who would have been first rounders if it weren't for their history of getting injured. Then we get these star players who have never played an entire season.

Amazingly, this year they all made it through the preseason unhurt so we may start strong before injuries take their inevitable toll. I would really like them to beat the Giants on Sunday night, just to end that losing streak against them in our home stadium.
Birdman420
I said in another post that I'm going with 10-6 this year

Hoping for the best
Bocadelphia Eagles John
Whereas I've contemplated the reality for us and the wholesale change to the roster .. I will stick my yellow wishy washy neck out and go with a rock solid 6 - 10 and ANOTHER off-season of bitchin' for me.

But in the 3rd season from now, SB appearance baby ! And maybe we take home the trophy.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Sep 3 2013, 04:39 PM) *
But in the 3rd season from now, SB appearance baby ! And maybe we take home the trophy.

Kelly out, Boca in!
SAM I Am
Looks like I'm a little late for the final tally, but I'll add my prediction anyway.

6-10 and people will be calling for Chip's head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.