Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Guys Are All Yellow. All of You!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
nephillymike
Geez. Reading that other post where one after another, people were saying I don't know, they could be this, might be that, should be in this range, yadda yadda yadda.

Stand up and Be a Man!!

What will be the Eagles record this year?

Not a range. Not a what-if. Put it down right here in this thread for all of eternity.

There's no shame in being wrong. I know a very intelligent individual who at one point said the Eagles would win the Super Bowl last year. People forgive and forget. It's not like these predictions will ever come back to haunt you if you run for public office or anything.

I was hovering at 8-8, but I will upgrade my official prediction to 9-7.

Why? I believe in the balanced offense and in the genius of Chip Kelly. I think the special teams will be special and I think the defense has enough "want to" to improve from horrible to bad sometime before the end of the year.

There you have it.

9-7. Written in stone for all time.

Which one of you yellows is next??
mcnabbulous
7-9
koolaidluke
I put 7-9 but I really meant between 5-11 and 9-7. The reason for the range being that I predict the Eagles O will score 23 points a game but they will allow 26 points a game on defense. That -3 point differential translates into a range of wins, as few as 5 and as many as 9.

I fucking hate the pre season. At least the Phillies suck so horribly bad this year that I don't have to listen to a bunch of delusional bullshit about how they may still make the playoffs. Fuck the Phillies. Baseball is stupid and should be banned for how much it sucks.
Dreagon
6-10

You've got a new coach and the first half of your season is brutal...although I think you guys have a great chance of surprising people by beating the Skins on Monday Night Football.
Phits
9 wins....minimum.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 30 2013, 06:00 PM) *
9 wins....minimum.

"I got me a real Ben Hurr,
doing 95,
MINIMUM"

Name that movie.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2013, 07:02 PM) *
doing 95,
MINIMUM"

Name that movie.

Live and Let Die
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2013, 05:07 PM) *
I know a very intelligent individual who at one point said the Eagles would win the Super Bowl last year.

I know a 'formerly intelligent' individual who said that devil03.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
9-7 - no playoffs.

Washington, Green Bay, NO, and Seattle win their divisions

SF and Atlanta are 10+ win wild cards

D Rock
Bullshit Mike!!!

I made my prediction weeks ago.

Top 5 offense and bottom 5 defense with an 8 & 8 record.

Zero
9 - 7.

Yellow is the color of Spring. Spring is the season of renewal and hope.

This is reality and it should be fun watching the evolution of another era of Eagles football. Kuharich, Williams, McCorimack, Verimeil, Campbell, Ryan, Rhodes, Kotite, Reid and now Kelly. It's always good at the beginning!
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 30 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Live and Let Die

Is that you cousin Billy Bob?

He's a Secret Agent?

On WHOSE side??
make_it_rain
8-8, the only real logic being I wouldnt be surprised if they went 6-10, or on the flip side if they caught some lucky breaks and went 10-6. 8-8 falls right between and seems much more logical, especially if you go through the schedule game by game.

So, 8-8.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 30 2013, 06:29 PM) *
Bullshit Mike!!!

I made my prediction weeks ago.

Top 5 offense and bottom 5 defense with an 8 & 8 record.

My insult to your manhood got your ass to come out and opine!!

Mission accomplished!

Out of 32 starting QB's this year, where will Vick rank in Passer rating??

Where will Geno Smith rank?

devil03.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 30 2013, 06:32 PM) *
9 - 7.

Yellow is the color of Spring. Spring is the season of renewal and hope.

This is reality and it should be fun watching the evolution of another era of Eagles football. Kuharich, Williams, McCorimack, Verimeil, Campbell, Ryan, Rhodes, Kotite, Reid and now Kelly. It's always good at the beginning!

If this was an attempt to fire me up about this year, you lost me at Kuharich!!
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 30 2013, 06:21 PM) *
I know a 'formerly intelligent' individual who said that devil03.gif

Just between you and me. Whilst everyone is dying to know who it was, let's take the high road and not throw Eyrie under the bus in public.
koolaidluke
No RGIII. I don't think people would be too surprised if the Eagles beat the Skins.

How are the Cowboys going to be this year? I was shocked when Garrett didn't get the axe after last season.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 30 2013, 07:34 PM) *
8-8, the only real logic being I wouldnt be surprised if they went 6-10, or on the flip side if they caught some lucky breaks and went 10-6. 8-8 falls right between and seems much more logical, especially if you go through the schedule game by game.

So, 8-8.

Apart from Denver and Green Bay, I don't think we have any automatic losses. I think we take the other 3 against the AFC, and can beat Arizona, Oakland, and Minnesota. So if we go 2-4 against the division and pull one out against either Chicago or Detroit (or lose both and split the division), that'll give us 9. Our schedule isn't that bad.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 30 2013, 06:45 PM) *
No RGIII. I don't think people would be too surprised if the Eagles beat the Skins.

How are the Cowboys going to be this year? I was shocked when Garrett didn't get the axe after last season.

I was figuring on a third solid, Garrett-inspired 8-8 season...but since we somehow made it out of the preseason with Miles Austin, Demarco Murray, and Demarcus Ware all healthy (heck, all of our receivers are healthy), I might see us starting a little stronger and make it 9-7 or (fingers crossed) 10-6.

Although as the Texan's proved last night, our depth stinks so as soon as we start getting banged up I expect things to go back to their regularly scheduled programming.
Reality Fan
I have a feeling we go 10-6....the division is weak...we play a last place schedule and there are only 2 games where we have very little chance to win.....we should outscore a lot of people with the talent we have......

I think the skins are much like the Nationals.....the bloom is off that rose.......Giants suck and the Cowboys are...well....the Cowboys......

we may even go 11-5
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 30 2013, 09:34 PM) *
I have a feeling we go 10-6....the division is weak...we play a last place schedule and there are only 2 games where we have very little chance to win.....we should outscore a lot of people with the talent we have......

I think the skins are much like the Nationals.....the bloom is off that rose.......Giants suck and the Cowboys are...well....the Cowboys......

we may even go 11-5

"I have a feeling" is yellowish. If I didn't know better, I would think that 10-6 to 11-5 was a range.

Can I etch your 10-6 in stone??
Eyrie
I'll go with 7-9 on the basis that we play a last placed schedule and the NFC East isn't that strong.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2013, 12:02 AM) *
doing 95,
MINIMUM"

Name that movie.

A remake of "Phonebooth" featuring Kate Winslet?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2013, 12:38 AM) *
Just between you and me. Whilst everyone is dying to know who it was, let's take the high road and not throw Eyrie under the bus in public.

I'm in the clear because Reid was still here last year biggrin.gif
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2013, 07:36 PM) *
If this was an attempt to fire me up about this year, you lost me at Kuharich!!

I been losing you a lot lately. One of us is getting too old or drinking too much ale. All I'm saying is change is fun at the beginning and I'm going to enjoy the season no matter how badly they do. Caveat is that they play tough even if they play bad.
Rick
I'll say it AGAIN 5-11 this season.
bwc2112
10- 6
Believe we will shock
Bocadelphia Eagles John
I am standing firm with my yellow tinted I don't know prediction on a matter of principle. Just because I'm choosing to be yellow about it doesn't mean I'm being unrealistic, ya know !

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES !!!!
xsv
6-10, at best. The offense won't be as good as advertised. The defense will be worse than we fear.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2013, 10:38 PM) *
"I have a feeling" is yellowish. If I didn't know better, I would think that 10-6 to 11-5 was a range.

Can I etch your 10-6 in stone??

weld it on an I-beam, chisel it in stone.....tattoo on my arm
MistahNickells
Im going with 10-6 I could be wrong but its any given sunday right??
SLOiggles
9-6, miss the playoffs and division last week of the season in Dallas on SNF
nephillymike
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Aug 31 2013, 06:06 PM) *
9-6, miss the playoffs and division last week of the season in Dallas on SNF

What are they not going to play a game??

Got to add up to 16!! biggrin.gif
Bez
8-8
TGryn
6-10...which would be a 33% increase in wins over last year.
nephillymike
devil03.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdVAqxNLXiw

SLOiggles
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2013, 04:45 PM) *
What are they not going to play a game??

Got to add up to 16!! biggrin.gif

We'll forfeit one ph34r.gif

9-7
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 30 2013, 10:34 PM) *

we may even go 11-5

11-5?

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 2 2013, 12:47 AM) *
11-5?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, and we meet the 14-2 Chiefs in the Super Bowl. You heard it first, from Fantasy Fan!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 2 2013, 12:47 AM) *
11-5?

while certainly a big reach if you look at the NFC East and their last place schedule it is not impossible. The division is weak and they play a last place schedule......the landscape is set for a big turnaround, however unlikely.

Stranger things have happened.
md717
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2013, 05:07 PM) *
Geez. Reading that other post where one after another, people were saying I don't know, they could be this, might be that, should be in this range, yadda yadda yadda.

Stand up and Be a Man!!

Not a range. Not a what-if. Put it down right here in this thread for all of eternity.

There's no shame in being wrong. I know a very intelligent individual who at one point said the Eagles would win the Super Bowl last year. People forgive and forget. It's not like these predictions will ever come back to haunt you if you run for public office or anything.

Why? I believe in the balanced offense and in the genius of Chip Kelly. I think the special teams will be special and I think the defense has enough "want to" to improve from horrible to bad sometime before the end of the year.

There you have it.

10-6

If I were still betting on football, I'd be taking the "over" a lot this year on Eagles' games!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (md717 @ Sep 2 2013, 03:50 PM) *
10-6

If I were still betting on football, I'd be taking the "over" a lot this year on Eagles' games!

I did put my money where my mouth is.....plunked down a bundle on the over. For all those certain it is silly I assume they have done so as well on the under.
HobbEs
I haven't been here so now I'm yellow? For your information I'm more of a pasty white! ac6.gif

My prediction is 8-7-1. We miss the playoffs by 1/2 a game.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Sep 3 2013, 09:20 AM) *
I haven't been here so now I'm yellow? For your information I'm more of a pasty white! ac6.gif

My prediction is 8-7-1. We miss the playoffs by 1/2 a game.

Predicting a tie are we? Who will this be against? And what will the score be, 4-4? biggrin.gif
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 3 2013, 12:57 PM) *
Predicting a tie are we? Who will this be against? And what will the score be, 4-4? biggrin.gif

A tie? I didn't know there was such a thing. ;-)
samaroo
Donnie, is that you?
Jax
5-6 wins max. Being optimistic I will go on record with 6-10. We just can't be expected to win more than 6 games of the 41-37 nature.
nephillymike
This post will remain here

FOR
EV
ER

Saw a lot of revisionist history being spouted recently devil03.gif
Jax
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2013, 04:07 PM) *

Stand up and Be a Man!!

There you have it.

I was wrong. I predicted 6 wins and we have already exceeded that.
Phits
Hopefully my "9 win...minimum" prediction is exceeded.
Chip Kelly
I expected as many wins as last year. We're playing meaningful games in December, I'd say this season is a success.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 7 2013, 02:37 AM) *
This post will remain here

FOR
EV
ER

Saw a lot of revisionist history being spouted recently devil03.gif

I was right about the number of wins, just not the number of losses biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 31 2013, 08:30 AM) *
I'll go with 7-9 on the basis that we play a last placed schedule and the NFC East isn't that strong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.